or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 443

post #6631 of 17649

So did anyone wear their Overlords for D-Day?

post #6632 of 17649

Just saw these two shell models pop up on the Bay. I'm holding out for different models at the moment, so figured I'd pass it along in case anyone else wanted to jump on them:

 

Randolph 10.5 E:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Allen-Edmonds-Randolph-SHELL-CORDOVAN-Penny-Loafers-Dress-Shoes-10-5-E-/391475021724?hash=item5b25bac79c:g:UHQAAOSwzJ5XU7GN

 

Fairgate, 11D:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-Fairgate-Burgundy-Shell-Cordovan-Size-11-D-/122006943981?hash=item1c682e38ed:g:LowAAOSwtJZXVGEm

post #6633 of 17649

Does the Shoebank usually adjust prices in line with sales? Or can you call to get an adjustment?

 

In this case, the Father's Day Sale. I just saw the email with Maritimes, etc., on sale for $125, which is now the same price as the Shoebank.

 

I would assume those prices would now be lower for them to move back inventory, but I know what happens when you assume.

post #6634 of 17649
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG 7 View Post

Does the Shoebank usually adjust prices in line with sales? Or can you call to get an adjustment?

In this case, the Father's Day Sale. I just saw the email with Maritimes, etc., on sale for $125, which is now the same price as the Shoebank.

I would assume those prices would now be lower for them to move back inventory, but I know what happens when you assume.

I've wondered the same. I asked a sa once and she gave me an unusual response. "Thats the rare time it makes more sense to get firsts." Obviously not verbatim and as usual ymmv. This was in reference to the 5a sale.
post #6635 of 17649

New burgundy shell 5th Ave. So far only worn lightly around the house, today will be their maiden voyage in the wild. They've also done some sunbathing for the past week, which has lightened the color from (shots below before and after).

 

BTW, a big thank you to the regular weasels on this site, the information here has been invaluable, and the overall supportive atmosphere is very much appreciated. I wish all discussion boards were this civil!

 

Cheers,

Philip

 

 

 

after catching some rays:

 

post #6636 of 17649

Are these the first pair we've seen on the forum produced through the "new" MTO program? I think they might be. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbrandes View Post
 

New burgundy shell 5th Ave. So far only worn lightly around the house, today will be their maiden voyage in the wild. They've also done some sunbathing for the past week, which has lightened the color from (shots below before and after).

 

BTW, a big thank you to the regular weasels on this site, the information here has been invaluable, and the overall supportive atmosphere is very much appreciated. I wish all discussion boards were this civil!

 

Cheers,

Philip

 

 

 

after catching some rays:

 

post #6637 of 17649
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey14 View Post


I've wondered the same. I asked a sa once and she gave me an unusual response. "Thats the rare time it makes more sense to get firsts." Obviously not verbatim and as usual ymmv. This was in reference to the 5a sale.


That does seem unusual. Thank you for the insight. 

post #6638 of 17649
General AE question. For the Independence line AE gives the shoes premium treatment, including wheeling on the sole and I think it's a softer sheep skin insole. My question is, when purchasing Shell Cordovan shoes, either via the regularly stocked shell options, or via their MTO program, shouldn't they give the premium treatment to those shoes as well? I mean when dropping $650 or more on shoes, I would expect the absolute highest level of premium available from that manufacturer. (For example, when Meermin offers shell shoes, it automatically gets their Linea Maestro treatment.). It doesn't make sense that the shoes we purchase for 495 (i.e. Independende line) have premium characteristics that the 650 shoes don't.
post #6639 of 17649
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG 7 View Post

Does the Shoebank usually adjust prices in line with sales? Or can you call to get an adjustment?

In this case, the Father's Day Sale. I just saw the email with Maritimes, etc., on sale for $125, which is now the same price as the Shoebank.

I would assume those prices would now be lower for them to move back inventory, but I know what happens when you assume.

I was at an outlet store this past Saturday and specifically asked about that to a store manager. I was told that the seconds price is also $125. However, I do like your reasoning smile.gif
post #6640 of 17649
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
Are these the first pair we've seen on the forum produced through the "new" MTO program? I think they might be. 


Yes, got these through the "any current style in shell" quasi-MTO program, which as I understand it is still in effect, though there may be some styles or sizes that can't be done. In general, I was told that if a last exists for it, it's probably do-able.

 

I'm happy with how these turned out, but it did take a couple of months so it requires a high tolerance for delayed gratification :-)

 

- Philip

post #6641 of 17649
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrandes View Post


Yes, got these through the "any current style in shell" quasi-MTO program, which as I understand it is still in effect, though there may be some styles or sizes that can't be done. In general, I was told that if a last exists for it, it's probably do-able.

I'm happy with how these turned out, but it did take a couple of months so it requires a high tolerance for delayed gratification :-)

- Philip

They came out quite nice, id be very happy. Unsure if I prefer the original hue or the current however.
post #6642 of 17649
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrandes View Post


Yes, got these through the "any current style in shell" quasi-MTO program, which as I understand it is still in effect, though there may be some styles or sizes that can't be done. In general, I was told that if a last exists for it, it's probably do-able.

I'm happy with how these turned out, but it did take a couple of months so it requires a high tolerance for delayed gratification :-)

- Philip

They are quite beautiful. Worth the wait in my opinion! Good job!
post #6643 of 17649
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
 

 

I am considering these as well, but I'd like to ask one last question:

 

If you are stepping on nails, which outsole would be the best?  The Vibram Gumlite Outsole, Double Leather Oak, or Dainite?

post #6644 of 17649
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

General AE question. For the Independence line AE gives the shoes premium treatment, including wheeling on the sole and I think it's a softer sheep skin insole. My question is, when purchasing Shell Cordovan shoes, either via the regularly stocked shell options, or via their MTO program, shouldn't they give the premium treatment to those shoes as well? I mean when dropping $650 or more on shoes, I would expect the absolute highest level of premium available from that manufacturer. (For example, when Meermin offers shell shoes, it automatically gets their Linea Maestro treatment.). It doesn't make sense that the shoes we purchase for 495 (i.e. Independende line) have premium characteristics that the 650 shoes don't.
Eh, I could see an argument both ways. Isn't the up charge to shell for the Shell itself and the JR soles?
post #6645 of 17649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

 

I am considering these as well, but I'd like to ask one last question:

 

If you are stepping on nails, which outsole would be the best?  The Vibram Gumlite Outsole, Double Leather Oak, or Dainite?

 

I have shoes with all three soles, but I've never tested them for puncture resistance. My gut feeling is that the Vibram would be best.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc