Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 426post #6377 of 193276/2/16 at 3:12pmpost #6378 of 193276/2/16 at 3:15pmQuote:
Which strands are you referencing? Navy?Quote:
So was I, my entire closet is full of dress shoes and only ae. I need a storage system for my non ae dress shoes as well as all my athletic shoes. Unfortunately the nice racks can be pricy. I may dig up an old metal rack I had years back.post #6379 of 193276/2/16 at 3:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by SLCRich
Do you golf?? I feel like an outsider in this thread. Golf is my ultimate addiction (sorry shoes, it's true.) There's a pair of walnut strand golf shoes on the bank that I have to hurry and skip past every time I look at that site.
Haha I was waiting for this to appear :)
The fact that you can do that speaks wonders. I'd have to answer from my closet to make sure I didn't miss a pair haha
You know they made the Redan as a street shoe. Just saying...post #6380 of 193276/2/16 at 3:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by whodey14
Which strands are you referencing? Navy?
So was I, my entire closet is full of dress shoes and only ae. I need a storage system for my non ae dress shoes as well as all my athletic shoes. Unfortunately the nice racks can be pricy. I may dig up an old metal rack I had years back.
Oxblood. Ordered over he weekend.post #6381 of 193276/2/16 at 3:19pmpost #6382 of 193276/2/16 at 3:28pmpost #6383 of 193276/2/16 at 3:33pmpost #6384 of 193276/2/16 at 3:35pm
These are quite possibly the best deal I've ever gotten on a pair of shoes, AE or not. Burgundy shell Cornwallis that apparently never made it into production, but a couple pairs were scattered around and priced at $239, for some reason.
This marks my third pair of burgundy shell shoes in the past three months, so I think I officially have a problem.post #6385 of 193276/2/16 at 3:36pmI know this is AE but I've been in an Oak Street Bootmakers kick to supplement my AE fixation. Just grabbed a pair of navy CXL loafers and chocolate calf short wings, and contemplating snagging a pair of their new cognac caf beefroll loafers.
Got the navy loafers on big sale at Nordstrom and the wingtips for 10% off on OSB's Memorial Day sale.....for whatever reason, I don't have the same major aversion to paying retail (or close to it) for them like I do AE. Probably because OSB almost never goes on sale and when they do, it's maybe 10% (except for the occasional third party sale). Not that I'd ever wish it to happen, but if AE kept their prices static in a similar fashion I'm not so sure they wouldn't still do well.
Then again, people love to feel like they're getting a big deal. Look at the JC Penney fiasco a few years ago.post #6386 of 193276/2/16 at 3:40pmQuote:
I'm sorry, we can't be friends. I'm too riddled with envy.
I swear, I NEVER see inexpensive shell anymore. My local BCF never has Allen Edmonds. I'm really beginning to think I'm bad luck, not that all you people are super lucky.
Those work really well in shell. The way shell creases -- or doesn't crease, I guess you'd say -- is great for wholecuts or anything without a toe cap. At least to my tastes.post #6387 of 193276/2/16 at 3:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mat Waites
Cool video on this page about the production of Shell Cordovan - the
video is in German, but you can get the idea.
I like the leather making videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7EpbyzfPE shoemaking in general is fascinating to watch, too.post #6388 of 193276/2/16 at 3:46pmpost #6389 of 193276/2/16 at 3:48pm
Seconds shell pricing has doubled and then some since 2013.
They're $100 more now than they were at the end of 2015. Those leeds were all over the shoebank for four hundred something and now they're $529.
I swear, between missing the GMTO era and the era of the cheap shell, I feel like a late comer here.post #6390 of 193276/2/16 at 3:49pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 20 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Velasca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Exotic Leather Goods 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...