Don't forget, Bergen Center Outlet store is coming!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 43post #631 of 193272/20/16 at 3:59pmpost #632 of 193272/20/16 at 4:50pm
I work in Allendale so I'm sure I'll be stopping by frequently.
First foray into this world was at Short Hills AE (directly across from Ferragamo - great shoes btw).
A friend recommended the Strand. Threw them on and was instantly hooked.
My Cole Haans have been immediately relegated to beater status.post #633 of 193272/20/16 at 5:23pmQuote:I like the Poplar. Thinner than the Wide Basic. And it is available in Merlot.
Edit: also, it comes with both bronze and silver-colored buckles.post #634 of 193272/20/16 at 5:59pmpost #635 of 193272/20/16 at 6:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by danwatts2005
Daddy/Daughter dance tonight. I'm wearing the gray suit. Should I do the Dark Chili or the Walnut? Also, shirt/tie suggestions for either? Trying to pop it, and maybe avoid a white shirt this time. All kinds of blues, off white, pink are available shirt choices. Input appreciated.
Thanks for the advice, guys. The chili looked great for the whole half-hour that she wanted to stay at the dance. On a side note, there were about 4 dads there that didn't look like high-school kids or wannabe Regis Philbins.post #636 of 193272/20/16 at 6:28pmpost #637 of 193272/20/16 at 7:28pmpost #638 of 193272/20/16 at 8:43pmpost #639 of 193272/20/16 at 8:46pmQuote:
What size are you? I have an 11D that may be my wrong size. Otherwise I think their semi-annual sale is coming up. I got mine last year from Nordstrom during their semi annual sale. Also,you can find many brand new pairs with box on eBay for ~200 which is practically stealing.post #640 of 193272/20/16 at 8:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattRiv
What size are you? I have an 11D that may be my wrong size. Otherwise I think their semi-annual sale is coming up. I got mine last year from Nordstrom during their semi annual sale. Also,you can find many brand new pairs with box on eBay for ~200 which is practically stealing.
hey man im a 10D. thx for the offer tho. if they were my size id scoop em up. yeah i had a pair on ebay in my watch list but someone snagged em quick. hopefully something will turn uppost #641 of 193272/20/16 at 9:28pmGot the Freiburg in Brown (cognac dublin). Too hard to pass up at $107. Walked into the store (also getting loafers recrafted) and asked about them. Sales rep goes into the back (cause they werent out front) and brings them out. Starts saying he's heard go things about them etc, and pulls out the right shoe and says "well they are a little stressed". Little does he know thats just the characteristic of the leather. The left shoe was uncreased. I put them on and walk around a bit and much to the sales reps surprise the left is all creased and now they match. I say "Thats what the leather is supposed to do, I'll take them." They are probably only going to go with dark denim, but I dont care for $107 I'm not quite sure what the flaw is.post #642 of 193272/20/16 at 9:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by jcman311
Got the Freiburg in Brown (cognac dublin). Too hard to pass up at $107. Walked into the store (also getting loafers recrafted) and asked about them. Sales rep goes into the back (cause they werent out front) and brings them out. Starts saying he's heard go things about them etc, and pulls out the right shoe and says "well they are a little stressed". Little does he know thats just the characteristic of the leather. The left shoe was uncreased. I put them on and walk around a bit and much to the sales reps surprise the left is all creased and now they match. I say "Thats what the leather is supposed to do, I'll take them." They are probably only going to go with dark denim, but I dont care for $107
Congrats on snagging a superb pair of shoes....right about now, I'd be happy if I could get either color at the discounted price they were when they were first released.post #643 of 193272/20/16 at 9:37pmpost #644 of 193272/20/16 at 10:03pmQuote:
I'm potentially looking for 11Ds - PM if you're sellingpost #645 of 193272/20/16 at 11:32pm
Sure does! If that's a longwing, it's another suede MacNeil variant—like the odd bird-no-name-on-the-insole “Schautals” from a few years ago...which I nabbed a pair of at Burlington Coat Factory more than a year ago...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 seconds ago
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › DIESEL FALL/WINTER 2017 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Oni Awa Shoai Natural Indigo 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden NST tanker #8 Shell Cordovan 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Kudu Thorpe 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...