Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 7:40 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 402post #6016 of 193275/28/16 at 3:38pmpost #6017 of 193275/28/16 at 3:42pmpost #6018 of 193275/28/16 at 3:43pmpost #6019 of 193275/28/16 at 3:57pmpost #6020 of 193275/28/16 at 4:06pmpost #6021 of 193275/28/16 at 4:12pmpost #6022 of 193275/28/16 at 4:53pmpost #6023 of 193275/28/16 at 5:04pmpost #6024 of 193275/28/16 at 5:08pmpost #6025 of 193275/28/16 at 5:15pmpost #6026 of 193275/28/16 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dd1101
Need to go to the office for a few hours so I am dressing casual. Pulled out the first ave boot. I bought these boots from the downtown Chicago store, when I was up there for vaca.
Now.... I just noticed the misaligned eyelets. Contact AE or am I being too picky... I did pay the $445for these bad boys....
This reminds me of my most recent firsts purchase--a pair of Dundees. The lacing eyelets were misaligned on both boots. I sent a picture to the CAC SA I ordered them from and she replied with an apology that they weren't up to MY standards. I returned them to my local AE and store and was told they were handmade and that defects like that should be accepted. I declined the offer to order a replacement pair.
This makes me doubt that there's a big difference between firsts and seconds. Or at least that the two groups have a large area of overlap. Yes, I've received some really bad seconds. But I've also received seconds on which I could find no flaw. But like seconds, firsts are a crapshoot too.post #6027 of 193275/28/16 at 5:30pm
If your room full of Harvard MBA's tell you things are trending more casual, why do you eliminate this model?
If you are going to offer proper dress shoes, then make them properly. This less piping, more Poron trend just makes it easier to bail to another brand for traditional dress shoes. I do like the 201 last though.
Edited by Count de Monet - 5/28/16 at 10:01pmpost #6028 of 193275/28/16 at 5:30pmpost #6029 of 193275/28/16 at 5:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by styleaudit91
I see both sides as well. From a consumer, yes things like this are annoying and concerning as to a "what's next?" on the chopping block. My main concern is that they make quality leather shoes in the US. As soon as that stops I stop buying. So if they need to streamline some small features to meet the ever rising costs that come with healthcare, leather prices, and god knows what else. Then so be it.
But from a business standpoint, they have to be profitable. There is a reason 9x% of shoes are made in work camps in China. It's profitable. So they have to cut costs to keep production here, with well paid workers. And some little piping is an easy one to cut on their non - bread and butter shoes and show ownership they can up margins. As we already know sales are there.
I agree with that. Despite my recent gripes about quality on certain pairs, I will continue to purchase because they are largely made in the U.S. Should I blame the DR production facility that sews the uppers? I don't know...they are still a good value, especially when they're on sale.post #6030 of 193275/28/16 at 6:06pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Suit too tight? 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › TOM FORD T Buckle Belt black Calf silver BNWT 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 20 minutes ago
- › Anyone ever hear of Cobbler Union? 23 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...