I've worn navy suit/bourbon strand on numerous occasions, including last year's DD dance.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 9:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:12 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 41post #601 of 176732/20/16 at 10:26ampost #602 of 176732/20/16 at 10:43ampost #603 of 176732/20/16 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by mreams99
The "which shoes with this suit" question got me to thinking about turning that question around the other way.
I'm going to wear my bourbon Strands tonight. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Should I wear these with a navy suit, or a medium grey suit?
Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I'm all about navy and bourbon. With medium grey, I'd favor a less neutral color (Merlot is a go-to for me).post #604 of 176732/20/16 at 10:59amQuote:Originally Posted by danwatts2005
Daddy/Daughter dance tonight. I'm wearing the gray suit. Should I do the Dark Chili or the Walnut? Also, shirt/tie suggestions for either? Trying to pop it, and maybe avoid a white shirt this time. All kinds of blues, off white, pink are available shirt choices. Input appreciated.
Either will work, but I think if you are going for "pop", it's those chili McAllisters. Off white or pink shirt.post #605 of 176732/20/16 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by SLCRich
@danwatts2005 I gotta say pink shirt with the dark chili.Quote:Originally Posted by danwatts2005
Daddy/Daughter dance tonight. I'm wearing the gray suit. Should I do the Dark Chili or the Walnut? Also, shirt/tie suggestions for either? Trying to pop it, and maybe avoid a white shirt this time. All kinds of blues, off white, pink are available shirt choices. Input appreciated.Quote:
I say chili and pink shirt as well. I'm partial to white or blue with any suit, but for this occasion, I would make an exception. Hard to say about the tie, especially since it isn't really Spring yet. If all your ties that may coordinate are spring leaning like mine are, I would have to rethink the whole thing.post #606 of 176732/20/16 at 11:02amQuote:Originally Posted by redmusic1
I say chili and pink shirt as well. I'm partial to white or blue with any suit, but for this occasion, I would make an exception. Hard to say about the tie, especially since it isn't really Spring yet. If all your ties that may coordinate are spring leaning like mine are, I would have to rethink the whole thing.
I'm leaning towards chili, with pink shirt and blue tie (baby blue). Other tie choices are burgundy or pink.post #607 of 176732/20/16 at 11:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@alexnb Definitely post about your impression when they arrive. I looked at them in person - the material is extremely soft & supple but I thought the sole attached to it was iffy, plus I couldn't believe they would charge $300 for something non-recraftable. Hopefully they fare better than my expectations - they definitely looked really good.
Absolutely will post a picture!
It's funny, because I special ordered them in the darker brown "Acorn" color, but there was a misunderstanding over the phone and they made them in the lighter tan color. So the tan color is actually being shipped right now, but I am sending them back to get the correct color made. So I should be able to have a real-life picture of both colors.
I am still perplexed as to why they aren't recraftable? I guess it isn't a true goodyear welt?post #608 of 176732/20/16 at 11:32ampost #609 of 176732/20/16 at 11:35ampost #610 of 176732/20/16 at 12:02pmpost #611 of 176732/20/16 at 12:06pmQuote:
I probably won't much, mostly because of the fall and break your ass factor of the leather sole.post #612 of 176732/20/16 at 12:06pmpost #613 of 176732/20/16 at 12:07pmpost #614 of 176732/20/16 at 12:13pmpost #615 of 176732/20/16 at 12:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by naspratt
My understanding was that they do not recraft anything made in the DR. They will recraft American-made handsewns. See the Maxfield, for example.
I wonder if they are re-solable though? I suppose a cobbler could tell us
Edited by alexnb - 2/20/16 at 1:27pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 10 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 18 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 32 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 33 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 34 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 35 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway