Dundees are awesome. I love mine:
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 5:39 am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 372post #5566 of 155195/22/16 at 9:16ampost #5567 of 155195/22/16 at 9:16amQuote:Originally Posted by brycelarkin
Thanks for the response. I think the Cornwallis will be fine if I only wore them to work which is business casual 95% of the time and suit/tie 5% of the time. I'm hesitant though because I feel like they wouldn't be good with "going out" attire.
Another option I was looking at was black Chelseas. I already have a black captoe shoe that is "good enough" for work and a pair of formal looking loafers that I alternate.
Maybe the chelseas will be of better use for what I'm looking for in a shoe.
Personally I think chelseas are hideous and should not exist. But I am probably in the minority there.post #5568 of 155195/22/16 at 9:28ampost #5569 of 155195/22/16 at 9:49ampost #5570 of 155195/22/16 at 9:53ampost #5571 of 155195/22/16 at 10:17ampost #5572 of 155195/22/16 at 10:31amQuote:
I'm a wide-ish D and have a high instep (not sure how to measure that, but...) and the Warwick in 11.5D wouldn't work for me - too tight across what would be the lacing area and had a strange wrinkle there on both feet as result. A 12 solved that problem, but introduced unacceptable heel gap/slip. I was trying to buy the Brooks Dark Chili model. An "E" might have solved that, but not available in Brooks sizes and not If I liked Walnut more I'd be tempted to try these in an E in those... (not a fan of black or oxblood).post #5573 of 155195/22/16 at 10:34amQuote:Cavanaugh is made in USA, Sea Island is made in DR from better suede.
Edit: also; Cavanaugh is pinch penny, Sea Island is beefroll.
Edited by naspratt - 5/22/16 at 12:11pmpost #5574 of 155195/22/16 at 10:42ampost #5575 of 155195/22/16 at 10:43am
Wishing McCallisters were included in this sale :/
A little repetitious, but would you all deem a pair of brown Cornwallis as too formal for a 22 year old in a business casual office?
I concur they are too formal for jeans and going out..
Also see McCallisters are on sale on amazon for $299 in my size. Or I could take a risk with Meermin loafers..
Choices... Will a connoisseur guide my selection considering i'm 22 in a business casual environment please?
Thanks!post #5576 of 155195/22/16 at 10:46am
I recently purchased the blue suede cavanaugh, personally find them much sleeker and more attractive. My pair had a couple very very minor flaws but for the price I have 0 complaints.
If the blue was the slightest touch lighter I would enjoy them more, they can come across as very dark in the dim lighting in my opinion.
If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the C's.
Let me know if you want picturespost #5577 of 155195/22/16 at 10:50ampost #5578 of 155195/22/16 at 10:57ampost #5579 of 155195/22/16 at 11:18am
OK, I'm an idiot and I asked the right question about the wrong monkstrap shoe. So let me start over.
"Hey Warwick Norwich owners, I have a fit question. My high instep and wide feet usually need 511 or 678 last with a blucher lace. Any thoughts on how a Warwick Norwich would work?
Thanks for the forbearance and answer.post #5580 of 155195/22/16 at 12:02pmI'm in for the walnut strand. Perfect timing as I've been on the hunt for a pair at a deal and my shoe addiction needed feeding. Also the latest Amex Offer for $50 off $250 makes this a steal.
My brannock size is an 8.5D but I ordered two pairs: 8.5D and 8.5E. Recently I've found my feet swell quite a bit especially if I have to walk a lot or after a meal which makes my 65 last shoes in D width feel too tight.
Thinking if I upside the width to an E it will solve my problems even though it will feel wide at first. Anyone else upsizing width to account for feet swelling over the course of a day/evening?
Edited by tmchow - 5/22/16 at 1:02pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 minute ago
- › dress shirt alterations, lowering the collar? 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › New Crockett & Jones chukkas...but is this a defect? Should I be... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › 46L Oxxford Clothes one button tuxedo 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Manhattan Sales Alert!! 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...