or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 370

post #5536 of 17707


Vernons for the wedding. Love these shoes.
post #5537 of 17707
What's you gents' experience on Dundee? I've found the last fits me quite well except the leather on the sides keeps rubbing my ankle bones and causes me blister... I think it's the stiffness of the leather, because my suede Peal&Co chukka doesn't have this issue at all. Will this get better with time after the leather soften a bit?
post #5538 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post


This is bicycle toe stitching...



Here's AE's only bicycle toe shoe offering at the moment...



You see nothing but bad things about it because it's ugly as all hell. I don't even believe that's a subjective opinion. Very, very few people find them aesthetically pleasing.

 

  "Voyager" is another current AE bicycle toe shoe.  

post #5539 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post

Here you go

 

You seem to have the connections to knowing what awesome news is about to happen.  Please let me know if you hear any news about blue Carlyle's, Leeds or Lasalle's.   I imagine the blue Strands will be a big hit.  

post #5540 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

You seem to have the connections to knowing what awesome news is about to happen.  Please let me know if you hear any news about blue Carlyle's, Leeds or Lasalle's.   I imagine the blue Strands will be a big hit.  

Do you think it would be possible to get a dainite bottom? I really want them but would greatly prefer dainite.
post #5541 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey14 View Post


Do you think it would be possible to get a dainite bottom? I really want them but would greatly prefer dainite.

 

I'm not certain, but since they are going to bring back their MTO option, I'm assuming that includes soles.  I'm with you on this -- I plan on having Dainite's added to all my rubber-soled shoes to replace the soft Othello.  My Clark Street shoes have much better support than my Wilberts. 

post #5542 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

I'm not certain, but if they are going to bring back their MTO option, I'm assuming that means soles.  I'm with you on this -- I plan on having Dainite's added to all my rubber-soled shoes to replace the soft Othello.  My Clark Street shoes have much better support than my Wilberts. 

I work on concrete it's just so hard on the leather bottoms. If I recraft any under my current position I would switch to dainite.

I'm really digging the blue though
post #5543 of 17707


Dinner date shoe switch

Cornwallis in brown
post #5544 of 17707

Hi all. I remember some time ago there was some talk about shoe laces on the board, but I haven't bookmarked it and can't to seem to find it. Doing a little search, I came across these two sellers.

http://www.shoelacesexpress.com/buythedozen.asp

http://www.amazon.com/Womens-DailyShoes-Shoelaces-Oxford-Sneaker/dp/B00VKXRCQG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1463889726&sr=8-11&keywords=color+shoe+laces

 

Have any of you bought from these sellers? Are there others that you would recommend? I am looking for variety of round and flat laces for shoes and boots.

 

Thanks!

post #5545 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheNewYork View Post

What's you gents' experience on Dundee? I've found the last fits me quite well except the leather on the sides keeps rubbing my ankle bones and causes me blister... I think it's the stiffness of the leather, because my suede Peal&Co chukka doesn't have this issue at all. Will this get better with time after the leather soften a bit?


Are the Dundee's suede like the Peal's?  I found the suede Dundee's quite supple. 

post #5546 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post

Here you go


 

Not sure from the picture above, but it looks like black edging on the Strand.  Is it me or does anyone think they'd look better with Brown?  I'm thinking like @peppercorn78 's navy shell LWB's.

post #5547 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey14 View Post


Do you think it would be possible to get a dainite bottom? I really want them but would greatly prefer dainite.


If they are like the other Strands, then yes.  You'll just have to check off the "Custom Sole" box on the AE website and cough up an extra $40.

post #5548 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


If they are like the other Strands, then yes.  You'll just have to check off the "Custom Sole" box on the AE website and cough up an extra $40.
That was my thought. Didn't know if a limited edition would differ. Checked the site but nothing yet. I need them haha.
post #5549 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post
 

Hi all. I remember some time ago there was some talk about shoe laces on the board, but I haven't bookmarked it and can't to seem to find it. Doing a little search, I came across these two sellers.

http://www.shoelacesexpress.com/buythedozen.asp

http://www.amazon.com/Womens-DailyShoes-Shoelaces-Oxford-Sneaker/dp/B00VKXRCQG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1463889726&sr=8-11&keywords=color+shoe+laces

 

Have any of you bought from these sellers? Are there others that you would recommend? I am looking for variety of round and flat laces for shoes and boots.

 

Thanks!

 

That Amazon seller has a 4.8 out of 5 rating from over 9,000 ratings.  That's very good.  And even if something bad happened, you'd only be out $10 or so.   Thanks for posting this -- I might order some of these if I can find something useful.

 

Although the Strand isn't really my cup of tea, I think it's such an interesting idea to sell them in blue.  If they don't release a blue plain-toe or split toe, I might consider them if the 65 last would work for me (I'm very doubtful it would work with my high instep). 

post #5550 of 17707
So the navy showed up, I'm getting them regardless but as feared there isn't a sole option. Is there any chance waiting until Monday and calling will change that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc