or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 363

post #5431 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post


When I look outside at Midnight it looks Midnight Blue.

You got that right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

At midnight, it's dark, so midnight blue makes sense. But I also see the moon, which is a very light grey. Then again, some people say the moon is made of green cheese.
Putting this all together, I see spectator-style Strands and McAlisters headed our way, in a combination of midnight blue, light gray, and green.
These are going to be awesome!

Your first guess see above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

I would settle for a navy Carlyle and Cornwalis

Brogue cap toe and the second one you guessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


I realize the chance of navy shell is slim to none, but if thats the case, my wallet is beyond toast.

I wish it was shell. I think it's a good price for a calf that is a limited production run. I just don't know how it fits into my wardrobe. Other shoes will be on sale as well.
post #5432 of 17586
Brogue cap toe in midnight blue. Hmm, what is the approx price?
post #5433 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey14 View Post

Brogue cap toe in midnight blue. Hmm, what is the approx price?
Sub 300
post #5434 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post

Sub 300

Only leather bottoms on either I'm assuming?
post #5435 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post

They look black (could be my eyes or just photo quality). My warwicks in chili use chili edge dressing. Contact live support on their website and they will point you toward which edge dressing you should use.

They said chili. I gave them the style number. It looks black to me. Wonder if it's because this isn't a standard chili or something.

It looks like oxblood shoes are the same combo as these burnished chilis and they recommend black. Probably try that.
post #5436 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post




No AEs today. Vintage Florsheim Imperials with the V cleat suicide heel came my way. AMAZING condition and quality
for a shoe that was made in March 1969! Brushed, VSC and out the door. Although not AE, I thought some may appreciate really "old school" longwings when
the quality was at a far higher level than today.
Warning: Spoiler! Non-AE content (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! Non AE content (Click to show)

There is a brown grain pair on eBay for a good price that is in prestige condition. Temptation......
post #5437 of 17586
3b788e4ef189d077a54e9e3ab2a95236.jpg

Sunny and 75


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5438 of 17586

So I just received what is my 3rd pair of Merlot McAllisters originally purchased during the anniversary sale. Please tell me if I am being too picky because I'm about to send these back yet again. Frankly about to the point where I don't even want them due to the headache.

 I couldn't quite get a picture showing how its actually a cut in the leather rather than something I could just buff out.

Then the edge is stained with this which I admit this I can just put black edge dressing on and likely cover up. 

 

These are firsts. Am I crazy to return these? If it was just the edge spot I'd tolerate but that cut isn't getting better on the front with age... Otherwise the shoes appear to be fine. Thoughts?

post #5439 of 17586

If those were mine, I would keep them.

post #5440 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

Good ole Levi's 511. I haven't jumped into the raw selvedge, yet. Should I? That big a difference?
If you want color dye on everything when you just start wearing them (that is if you buy unsanforized) and like the feel of rubbing sand paper on your legs, go for it smile.gif Seriously, I enjoy them much more than regular jeans.
post #5441 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post

So I just received what is my 3rd pair of Merlot McAllisters originally purchased during the anniversary sale. Please tell me if I am being too picky because I'm about to send these back yet again. Frankly about to the point where I don't even want them due to the headache.


 I couldn't quite get a picture showing how its actually a cut in the leather rather than something I could just buff out.


Then the edge is stained with this which I admit this I can just put black edge dressing on and likely cover up. 

These are firsts. Am I crazy to return these? If it was just the edge spot I'd tolerate but that cut isn't getting better on the front with age... Otherwise the shoes appear to be fine. Thoughts?
I would keep them.
post #5442 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post


I would keep them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

If those were mine, I would keep them.

 

My concern is that cut in the leather. I'm attaching another shot that shoes it a bit better. Not a big deal? 

 

post #5443 of 17586

That picture shows it much more accurately.  I see why you're concerned.  

 

Mmm, that's borderline.  Since  those were 1sts, I would probably return them.  If those were 2nds, I would definitely keep them.

post #5444 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post
 

So I just received what is my 3rd pair of Merlot McAllisters originally purchased during the anniversary sale. Please tell me if I am being too picky because I'm about to send these back yet again. Frankly about to the point where I don't even want them due to the headache.

 I couldn't quite get a picture showing how its actually a cut in the leather rather than something I could just buff out.

Then the edge is stained with this which I admit this I can just put black edge dressing on and likely cover up. 

 

These are firsts. Am I crazy to return these? If it was just the edge spot I'd tolerate but that cut isn't getting better on the front with age... Otherwise the shoes appear to be fine. Thoughts?

 

I'm not super-picky, so my initial reaction is to say, "keep them." However, they're your shoes. Not to put myself in your shoes, but since you asked, I'm going to. The edge dressing portion is nothing at all to be concerned about. Is it sloppy? Sure, but sloppy isn't just for seconds. The cut, on the other hand, doesn't look damaging and is the kind of thing that would eventually happen to your shoe anyway in normal wear and tear, especially if you're out there kicking ass and taking names. Put a touch of polish on it and consider it a badge of honor. Tell people it happened during a street fight with James Van Der Beek and his Dawson's Creek Posse. Hey, we lie enough to our spouses/girlfriends/significant others about how much we spend on these things, so why not continue the lies to their logical conclusion?

Here's what it comes down to for me: You can return them and hope that the fourth time is a charm and pray some of your disappointment subsides while you wait for replacements. But, I think that's a gamble, and a gamble that leaves you McAllister-less in the interim. Who wants that? You can return them outright and get your money back, but you should only do that if there's another AE shoe that's whispering sweet nothings in your ear at night. But, it's got to be something super-sexy, because the McAllister is hot enough as it is. Or, you can keep them. But, if you're going to feel the disappointment, regret, and shame that generally comes from a night out of drinking copiously and making passes and low-grade ladies every time you look at these McAllisters, then it's not worth it. Move on, man. Move on. Life is too short and there are too many other awesome pairs of AEs out there to get hung up on.

Just my $.02. Take it for what it's worth. 

 

post #5445 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie View Post
 

 

I'm not super-picky, so my initial reaction is to say, "keep them." However, they're your shoes. Not to put myself in your shoes, but since you asked, I'm going to. The edge dressing portion is nothing at all to be concerned about. Is it sloppy? Sure, but sloppy isn't just for seconds. The cut, on the other hand, doesn't look damaging and is the kind of thing that would eventually happen to your shoe anyway in normal wear and tear, especially if you're out there kicking ass and taking names. Put a touch of polish on it and consider it a badge of honor. Tell people it happened during a street fight with James Van Der Beek and his Dawson's Creek Posse. Hey, we lie enough to our spouses/girlfriends/significant others about how much we spend on these things, so why not continue the lies to their logical conclusion?

Here's what it comes down to for me: You can return them and hope that the fourth time is a charm and pray some of your disappointment subsides while you wait for replacements. But, I think that's a gamble, and a gamble that leaves you McAllister-less in the interim. Who wants that? You can return them outright and get your money back, but you should only do that if there's another AE shoe that's whispering sweet nothings in your ear at night. But, it's got to be something super-sexy, because the McAllister is hot enough as it is. Or, you can keep them. But, if you're going to feel the disappointment, regret, and shame that generally comes from a night out of drinking copiously and making passes and low-grade ladies every time you look at these McAllisters, then it's not worth it. Move on, man. Move on. Life is too short and there are too many other awesome pairs of AEs out there to get hung up on.

Just my $.02. Take it for what it's worth. 

 

 

Haha excellent literary work here. I agree about the edging. The cut is the one that could keep me up at night. I work in an office and generally my AEs don't make it out crime fighting. Being McAllister-less has left me feeling sad but after all this time what is another 1.5 weeks. I have oxblood carlyles on the way to carry me over.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc