Color would be helpful. Maybe price range.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 6:51 am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:05 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 352post #5267 of 175935/18/16 at 11:56am
The Shoebank.com sometimes is missing details about certain shoes (I.e. The last, etc), especially for those that are made for other retails such as BB, Nordstrom. Would it be possible to include this info?post #5268 of 175935/18/16 at 11:59amQuote:
A HUGE +1 on this Since AE has no real archive, it makes it very challenging to research the last, leather colors, etc. Not only would this aid the buyer, but probably increase your sales and lessen returns due to fit, color confusion, etc.post #5269 of 175935/18/16 at 12:44pm
I like all the ideas on how the shoebank website could be enhanced. On the other hand, am I the only one here that fondly remembers the "good old days" of eagerly following the styleforum thread, calling one's favorite sales associate at an outlet to request spreadsheets with seconds sale inventories, trying to figure out what the various listed models were and what they looked like, and then ordering over the phone? I felt like I had access to an amazing and exclusive deal...and I was worried that the shoebank website would "let the cat out of the bag". If it weren't for the styleforum thread, I would have never known about these wonderful Allen Edmonds shoes.
Abridged history of seconds purchases (before these purchases, I was buying Rockports):
Aug. 2013: Black Park Ave and Brown Strands (both in the Brooks Brothers versions, which were cheaper at $149 each).
Sep. 2013: Black Strands and Chili MacNeils (both in the Brooks Brothers versions, which were cheaper at 2 for $250).
Oct. 2013: Walnut Strands (Brooks Brothers version; completed the Strand trifecta; $149).
Feb. 2014: Brown Kenilworth and Black MacNeil (AE versions; $149 each).
Mar. 2014: Dark Brown Aberdeen (Brooks Brothers version, $125).
Retired from buying shoes for almost 1 year
Feb. 2015: Brown Bleecker Street (AE; $177). Came out of retirement to buy some boots.
Jun. 2015: Brown Norwich and Burgundy Patriot (AE versions, $225 total - $50 back from Amex). Figured that ~ $100/pair is too good to pass up.
May 2016: waiting on my Dark Chili Brooks Brothers Warwicks, Dark Brown Oak Streets, and Natural Chromexcel Oak Streets (will get $50 back from Amex if I keep two pairs). Came out of retirement again after seeing the latest Amex deal and getting the itch for more business casual shoes. Going to try to beat my wife home tomorrow and Friday so she's not the one to see the boxes first!
Since discovering AE seconds on styleforum in May of 2013, I have bought 14 pairs for just shy of $2k.
I definitely appreciate Allen Edmonds! And the Styleforum thread!post #5270 of 175935/18/16 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by drcharlie
I like all the ideas on how the shoebank website could be enhanced. On the other hand, am I the only one here that fondly remembers the "good old days" of eagerly following the styleforum thread, calling one's favorite sales associate at an outlet to request spreadsheets with seconds sale inventories, trying to figure out what the various listed models were and what they looked like, and then ordering over the phone?
I was *just* thinking the same thing. Wasn't too long ago that there was no shoebank website, semi-functional or not.post #5271 of 175935/18/16 at 1:16pmpost #5272 of 175935/18/16 at 1:25pmpost #5273 of 175935/18/16 at 1:30pmpost #5274 of 175935/18/16 at 2:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by gm928
Yes, those are AE. Sorry I don't have any links, but I remember them being discussed on this board before. Also, one of the reviews posted on the BB website says that they are made by AE, and a Brooks representative responded to the review without making any corrections to that statement.
Any idea what last or model (McGregor, Macneil, etc) those are based on?post #5275 of 175935/18/16 at 2:03pmpost #5276 of 175935/18/16 at 2:07pmQuote:
I hear your frustration, but remember we can't always give details about private label shoes we produce or the partnerships we have. Under certain conditions, we might be able to give additional information but its only after we have sales and the partner sign off on it.post #5277 of 175935/18/16 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@AllenEdmonds My top 3 would be:
1) Quantity info on what was actually available. Sometimes a store has literally a single pair, other times (like with PAs or Graysons) they have many.
2) Site refresh more often,
3) Search by physical location.
1) Not many retailers like to give the actual quantity information. There are a number of reasons for this, instead we could give a message like "low quantity order now"
2) We are working on the site refresh to make it more real time.
3) This is similar to a previous request and is on the list.post #5278 of 175935/18/16 at 2:22pmpost #5279 of 175935/18/16 at 2:26pmpost #5280 of 175935/18/16 at 2:26pmQuote:
Are these the ones you're talking about?: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread-reviews-pictures-sizing-etc/62130#post_8011822
If so, then they're based on the Macneil.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Salvatore Ferragamo Men's Calfskin Shoes- Made in Italy,... 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE NOVEMBER December 2nd CORDUROY 10 minutes ago
- › Lapo Elkann: the style leader 10 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway