or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 339

post #5071 of 17752

Good prices on the Carlyle, Lasalle and Park Ave.   Leeds was not included. 

 

Also, since yesterday when I posted the Walnut Park Ave from Nordstrom Rack for $199, almost all of them are gone.   DId anyone on here pick them up?  :D 

post #5072 of 17752

Does anyone have a photo of the Cornwallis in Brown?  I'm heavily debating between Brown and Dark Chili for these, but I'm worried the Brown will be too dark for my taste.  

post #5073 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Does anyone have a photo of the Cornwallis in Brown?  I'm heavily debating between Brown and Dark Chili for these, but I'm worried the Brown will be too dark for my taste.  


I'd def go dark chili.
post #5074 of 17752
So PaulG is coming to Bellevue Square Mall on Wednesday. Any AE SF bro's want to meet up and meet the man himself? I'll be wearing some shell MTO's...
post #5075 of 17752

I am considering my first pair of AE. Since I likely won't buy another pair for a while, I am trying to get something fairly versatile. I am eyeing a pair of Strands and McGregors, both in bourbon, on the shoebank site.  My typical dress is chino style khaki/navy/grey pants with a polo in the summer. In the cooler months I switch to dress slacks with nice button downs and the occasional jacket. I occasionally throw in a dark pair of jeans with a polo or button down on casual days. 

 

Would either option work for me? I learn toward the Strands, but I worry that they may be a little too formal? 

 

Thanks in advance

post #5076 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

Good prices on the Carlyle, Lasalle and Park Ave.   Leeds was not included. 

 

Also, since yesterday when I posted the Walnut Park Ave from Nordstrom Rack for $199, almost all of them are gone.   DId anyone on here pick them up?  :D 


From the looks of them they are "Cloud Walnut". A slightly different variant of the walnut color. Just FYI
post #5077 of 17752

Moved your post @HelpMyStyle.  You'll get good feedback here.

post #5078 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpMyStyle View Post
 

I am considering my first pair of AE. Since I likely won't buy another pair for a while, I am trying to get something fairly versatile. I am eyeing a pair of Strands and McGregors, both in bourbon, on the shoebank site.  My typical dress is chino style khaki/navy/grey pants with a polo in the summer. In the cooler months I switch to dress slacks with nice button downs and the occasional jacket. I occasionally throw in a dark pair of jeans with a polo or button down on casual days. 

 

Would either option work for me? I learn toward the Strands, but I worry that they may be a little too formal? 

 

Thanks in advance

 

Either option will work for what you are looking for.  I wear my walnut Strands with anything from dark denim to suits and am currently trying to sell a pair of bourbon Strands (11 D) that don't really fit.  My dad recently got a pair of bourbon McGregors and they look sharp as well.  In theory an oxford would be more formal than a blucher. If it were me, I'd go with the Strand, but I think this question is entirely up to which style you prefer since they are pretty interchangeable IMO. 

post #5079 of 17752

@MattRiv Thank you! Hmmm, decisions.. McGregors are $40 cheaper maybe that will be my deciding factor. I really do like the strands though. 

post #5080 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpMyStyle View Post
 

I am considering my first pair of AE. Since I likely won't buy another pair for a while, I am trying to get something fairly versatile. I am eyeing a pair of Strands and McGregors, both in bourbon, on the shoebank site.  My typical dress is chino style khaki/navy/grey pants with a polo in the summer. In the cooler months I switch to dress slacks with nice button downs and the occasional jacket. I occasionally throw in a dark pair of jeans with a polo or button down on casual days. 

 

Would either option work for me? I learn toward the Strands, but I worry that they may be a little too formal? 

 

Thanks in advance


Either, but a word of caution on the Boubon. That color has been discontinued for a while now.  You may get a really nice pair, or they may be down to the dregs on Shoebank.  When its executed correctly Bourbon is AMAZING, when its not, well...  You can always send them back if they're not to your liking, but I just wanted to give you a heads up since its your first AE.

 

Have you tried either pair on?  Fitting on the 65 last can be tricky for some people.  If you can, try and go to an AE store/Nordstrom etc and check your size.  It may save you a lot of hassle.

 

Good Luck

post #5081 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpMyStyle View Post
 

@MattRiv Thank you! Hmmm, decisions.. McGregors are $40 cheaper maybe that will be my deciding factor. I really do like the strands though. 

The strands are probably my favorite. I have them in oxblood and brown.

 

 

 

Haven't posted on here in sometime however I think I am almost ready to get my Dark Chili 5th Avenues back from AE. I posted them forever ago and sent them back due to poor finish and imperfections however I believe they will be finished in the next few days and overnighted to me. 

post #5082 of 17752


Merlot Hopkinsons on a Monday.
post #5083 of 17752
Oxblood Carlyles on the way; calling Destin for another thing as soon as my Kebabs are ready and i can get back in my car... smile.gif
post #5084 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 


Either, but a word of caution on the Boubon. That color has been discontinued for a while now.  You may get a really nice pair, or they may be down to the dregs on Shoebank.  When its executed correctly Bourbon is AMAZING, when its not, well...  You can always send them back if they're not to your liking, but I just wanted to give you a heads up since its your first AE.

 

Have you tried either pair on?  Fitting on the 65 last can be tricky for some people.  If you can, try and go to an AE store/Nordstrom etc and check your size.  It may save you a lot of hassle.

 

Good Luck

Good advice here @HelpMyStyle

 

A good rule of thumb with the 65 is that it runs true to size if you have a low instep, but you might need to get a width bigger if you have a high instep.   

post #5085 of 17752

While both are on the 65 last,  McGregor is a blucher style and Strand a balmoral.  Having a narrow foot, McGregor fits me perfectly (I have 5 pair) and Strand does not.  This may not be an issue with your feet, but I usually choose an AE blucher over a bal because the fit is more forgiving, IMO.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc