or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 333

post #4981 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkedmoo View Post

Do you think it would hold up as well as a Basic Wide belt? I seem to go through a belt a year, I'd like something that'll last (in planning for the Memorial Day sale!)

Well, I've only worn it 5 times since buying it so I can't really say. But at 29$ I would consider it a decent value of it last's me a few years.
post #4982 of 17573

Freiburgs and denim today on a possibly rainy casual Friday. These were a great pickup during the flash/X-mas sale.

 

My daily @dapkicks pic: (Click to show)
post #4983 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkedmoo View Post


Do you think it would hold up as well as a Basic Wide belt? I seem to go through a belt a year, I'd like something that'll last (in planning for the Memorial Day sale!)

 

You mean you don't have an AE belt rotation too? Get on it! :nodding:

post #4984 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post
 

 

You mean you don't have an AE belt rotation too? Get on it! :nodding:

 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a belt rotation. Each pair of AE shoes I have has a matching belt. Also have miscellaneous AE belts for other shoes.

post #4985 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post

You mean you don't have an AE belt rotation too? Get on it! nod%5B1%5D.gif

Haha, a belt is a belt is a belt. Plus, I'm overdressed at work if I wear a polo, tucking it in is only reserved for a customer meeting. So my single CXL belt has been seeing a lot of action and needs to be replaced.
post #4986 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post
 

 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a belt rotation. Each pair of AE shoes I have has a matching belt. Also have miscellaneous AE belts for other shoes.

I'm on this dilemma right now, I need a walnut belt but already spent 200 bucks on belts this year. I found a $14 one at target that matches perfectly, but it might only last 2 weeks. To the other poster about the wide belt, I wear a dark brown one at least 2x a week and have for past 2 years ( I have three pairs of Dk. Brownish shoes it matches) and it looks great. a few small wear marks on back but it is calf so it is durable. 

post #4987 of 17573

Casual Friday Cronmocs

post #4988 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 

Freiburgs and denim today on a possibly rainy casual Friday. These were a great pickup during the flash/X-mas sale.

 

My daily @dapkicks pic: (Click to show)

 

I like.

 

While we're on the topic of belts, what do you guys use for the Wilbert?   Do you even worry about casual shoes and belts?   My Wilbert is the modern one with the more orange-ish color (not the chili-like color of the older ones).  I saw that the wide basic belt has a lot of negative reviews on the AE site.

post #4989 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by styleaudit91 View Post
 

I'm on this dilemma right now, I need a walnut belt but already spent 200 bucks on belts this year. I found a $14 one at target that matches perfectly, but it might only last 2 weeks. To the other poster about the wide belt, I wear a dark brown one at least 2x a week and have for past 2 years ( I have three pairs of Dk. Brownish shoes it matches) and it looks great. a few small wear marks on back but it is calf so it is durable. 

I suggest you check orion leather. I contacted them and sent over picture + models of my mcallister merlot so they can suggest what kind of belt might have the color that closely match the shoes. I couldn't be happier when the belt get to me. 

Edit Edit: If you guys want, I can take a picture of my Orion belt to show...

Edit: I just want to rant a bit, sorry if this is not the right place but this thread is what nudge me to allen edmonds. I went to the local AE store about 3 weeks ago to place an order for my Merlot McAllister, then after 1 week, I was excited to receive the shoes. Upon opening the packing and inspecting the shoes, I found the stitching of the brogue was pretty bad on them. It should stick closely to the body, but the brogue was pointing outward loosely. I felt like I got a pair of seconds. So I went to the store and asked them for an exchange. Yesterday I got the new pairs back. This time the brogue was stitched carefully. The shoes look beautiful, but there was a very noticeable scratch on the leather of the left shoe. It is like a deep cut that you can't buff out with polish :(. Seriously, I had to exchange for the second time and kept on waiting. I felt like the quality control isnt there at all :( Pretty disappointed over all.


Edited by RozenKristal - 5/13/16 at 9:10am
post #4990 of 17573

 

 

Mailman just brought me these Leeds 2.0's in Burnished Walnut.  Picked them up NIB from an eBay seller for $240.

post #4991 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenKristal View Post
 

I suggest you check orion leather. I contacted them and sent over picture + models of my mcallister merlot so they can suggest what kind of belt might have the color that closely match the shoes. I couldn't be happier when the belt get to me. 

Edit Edit: If you guys want, I can take a picture of my Orion belt to show...

Edit: I just want to rant a bit, sorry if this is not the right place but this thread is what nudge me to allen edmonds. I went to the local AE store about 3 weeks ago to place an order for my Merlot McAllister, then after 1 week, I was excited to receive the shoes. Upon opening the packing and inspecting the shoes, I found the stitching of the brogue was pretty bad on them. It should stick closely to the body, but the brogue was pointing outward loosely. I felt like I got a pair of seconds. So I went to the store and asked them for an exchange. Yesterday I got the new pairs back. This time the brogue was stitched carefully. The shoes look beautiful, but there was a very noticeable scratch on the leather of the left shoe. It is like a deep cut that you can't buff out with polish :(. Seriously, I had to exchange for the second time and kept on waiting. I felt like the quality control isnt there at all :( Pretty disappointed over all.

 

I think quite a few of these went out during their sale and there were oversights. I received my first pair with the same issue as you described on your first pair. Then the second pair came and these had a scuff (albeit small and on rear of the shoe) but also had die stains on the tongue of each shoe that corresponded with each eyelet that would not come out plus an additional stain on the toe. I initially had called asking for them to give me a refund for the difference between first and seconds which they were willing to do. Before they processed it they asked me if I was sure I did not want to exchange them another time. I decided I wanted a new pair after all so I'm waiting to receive them. Customer Service has been good and they have been more than willing to help. I've heard people say they have been given discounts in the past after these inconveniences though I don't know that they will offer a discount on top of the sale price they already were. 

post #4992 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post
 

 

I think quite a few of these went out during their sale and there were oversights. I received my first pair with the same issue as you described on your first pair. Then the second pair came and these had a scuff (albeit small and on rear of the shoe) but also had die stains on the tongue of each shoe that corresponded with each eyelet that would not come out plus an additional stain on the toe. I initially had called asking for them to give me a refund for the difference between first and seconds which they were willing to do. Before they processed it they asked me if I was sure I did not want to exchange them another time. I decided I wanted a new pair after all so I'm waiting to receive them. Customer Service has been good and they have been more than willing to help. I've heard people say they have been given discounts in the past after these inconveniences though I don't know that they will offer a discount on top of the sale price they already were. 

I hope that is the case. Third time's a charm. I really like the shoes, and wanted it to be as good as it should. That why I did the second exchange. Crossing fingers waiting now.

post #4993 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post


Bump???


I asked a similar question last summer, regarding the Bloor Street, and its similarities to the Park Avenue.  A Canadian member of the forum told me that it was identical to the Park Avenue, but with a Poron insole, rather than a leather one.  I assume that the Younge Street also has that modification.

post #4994 of 17573

Getting some sun on the boat shoes at work today

 

 

post #4995 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn View Post
 


I asked a similar question last summer, regarding the Bloor Street, and its similarities to the Park Avenue.  A Canadian member of the forum told me that it was identical to the Park Avenue, but with a Poron insole, rather than a leather one.  I assume that the Younge Street also has that modification.

 

On the BB versions of AE shoes it is a Poron insole but I can't tell if those for Harry Rosen are poron. At first glance (I don't own any) they look like leather ones just stamped differently than the standard AE. I find it interesting too that the ones for BB have a slightly different rubber tread rather than the vtread on Harry Rosen. Also the Harry Rosen has a small rubber heal stamped with the AE logo while BB has the dovetail. Not sure which heal I like better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc