Ugh. Apparently I can't read or do math today.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 7:40 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 332post #4967 of 193275/12/16 at 1:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by catlettsl
Does anyone know if the Younge Street is on the 1943 Last? Is it the same model as the Yorktown? I see they are sold at Harry Rosen.
Here is the link to the shoebank with them...
Bump???post #4968 of 193275/12/16 at 1:14pmQuote:
This is what multiple SAs at different locations have told me in recent history.post #4969 of 193275/12/16 at 1:20pmpost #4970 of 193275/12/16 at 1:59pmSpeaking of MTO. Quite muddy today, so reached for the Normandy... hold the sandpaper distressing, add gumlite lug sole, with road warriors inserts (to help with volume). First two mods should be standard make-up for this boot. Can't wait to beat these things up!
Edit: Not having any luck with uploading pics on mobile. I'll update when I get in front of computer.
Edited by middlepP - 5/12/16 at 3:58pmpost #4971 of 193275/12/16 at 2:22pmpost #4972 of 193275/12/16 at 2:33pmpost #4973 of 193275/12/16 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaRKle
So with the 15% off at the WC store, I'm highly considering picking up a pair of shell Daltons with a couple of modifications. I know I want a Dainite sole, but with that I'm unsure whether I want a storm welt or not. Also, I do think that Dainite is noticeably harder than a leather sole, and that it pairs well with a Poron insole (my Rush Streets with Poron insole are more comfortable than my Dainite Lexingtons with leather insole), yet something just seems nicer about the leather insole. What do you guys think?
Here's a mock up of the welts I've done, which do you guys like better?
I have Daltons with Dainite soles. They're fine, but I wouldn't take them over Redenbach soles (not that I could get them on mine). I'm not crazy about the storm welt either (on a Dalton), but your boots, your style. I don't think it would look out of place. Meh, I'm just plain I guess. Are you going to go with Burgundy shell? Brown might be nice.post #4974 of 193275/12/16 at 3:08pmpost #4975 of 193275/12/16 at 3:09pmpost #4976 of 193275/12/16 at 3:09pmpost #4977 of 193275/12/16 at 3:10pmpost #4978 of 193275/13/16 at 5:34ampost #4979 of 193275/13/16 at 5:37amQuote:
Yes and yes. Construction is about on par with what you'd find at BR. But it's full grain calf and....it's a belt. I end up using it only once every few months so it's good enough.
Also I got it for 29$ during a sale.post #4980 of 193275/13/16 at 5:54amQuote:
Do you think it would hold up as well as a Basic Wide belt? I seem to go through a belt a year, I'd like something that'll last (in planning for the Memorial Day sale!)
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 46 seconds ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Chelsea Boot Advice 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...