or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 326

post #4876 of 17737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Insano View Post

I have posted pics of my shannon drives a few pages back.

 



I am having second thoughts about them after seeing a couple pix iafter a Google Image search - the darkness of yours is what made me reconsider cancelling the order. Seems like most are much lighter, which isn't going to work for me...

Any other pix in the wild would be appreciated! smile.gif
post #4877 of 17737
Walnut Wednesday. Ralph Lauren/AE Sandersons seconds. You can likely tell what makes them seconds if you look at the right shoe. Regardless, I love these shoes to death.

post #4878 of 17737
@M635Guy
Truth be told, I used the AE leather conditioner and cleaner on mine and they are a tad darker after. After reading about the AE cleaning products I probably won't be using that stuff again. Anyway though mine are a tad darker now. I will try to post anew up to date pic soon.
post #4879 of 17737
Finally picked up a pair of Odenwald in black from the Shoe Bank. As others have suggested, I size down 1/2 from my normal size of 10.

Like the brown edging contrasting nicely with the black upper, the CXL leather is buttery, the double leather sole, and the cream colored laces make it look like vintage boxing boots. Pair nicely with tapered opening pants/denim as part of my business casual office wear.
post #4880 of 17737
Happy Walnut Wednesday!



post #4881 of 17737
I measure a 9D. For the 65 Strand, 8.5D seems fits be well. Any thoughts on a 108? Do you guys think a similar 8.5D fit or true to size 9D?
post #4882 of 17737
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminiom View Post

I measure a 9D. For the 65 Strand, 8.5D seems fits be well. Any thoughts on a 108? Do you guys think a similar 8.5D fit or true to size 9D?

I wear my brannock size on both the 65 and the 108.  The 108 has more room for higher arches, but is tapered slightly more than the 65.

post #4883 of 17737
Criss cross lacing ftw. Oxblood McGregor
post #4884 of 17737

Hi, I wonder if there's any method of covering this part of leather tear? (I know it's not so visible but i would like to look as good as possible)

 

Thank you,

 

post #4885 of 17737

Looks like the new Walnut Creek AE store opens up today! Funny that it should open the day after I called the CAC and asked when it would open (for some reason I thought it wasn't opening till later in the year). I wonder if they're running any specials.

 

Supposedly there's a store opening up in the Stanford Shopping Center too at the end of the month. That makes FOUR AE physical locations in the Bay Area!

 

I hope this means we'll get a West Coast Shoebank soon too (Livermore outlets please!).

post #4886 of 17737

Walnut Wednesday today with First Avenue and grey chinos. (Flat laces via @Deusis/Guarded Goods.) These have been polished with a couple of different meltonian colors, in attempt to cover up the slight tiger striping on each toe. Th

They have more room and are longer than the same sized Daltons I wore yesterday, but have less heel slip. Found this pretty interesting, considering I've always felt the Daltons are too snug. Guess I haven't worn these on back to back days before.

 

My daily @dapkicks pic: (Click to show)
post #4887 of 17737

Bucking the walnut theme today with brown saddlehorn leather Mapletons. Very comfy.

 

post #4888 of 17737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post
 

Looks like the new Walnut Creek AE store opens up today! Funny that it should open the day after I called the CAC and asked when it would open (for some reason I thought it wasn't opening till later in the year). I wonder if they're running any specials.

 

Supposedly there's a store opening up in the Stanford Shopping Center too at the end of the month. That makes FOUR AE physical locations in the Bay Area!

 

I hope this means we'll get a West Coast Shoebank soon too (Livermore outlets please!).

The heck with the Bay area, send it down south. There is only ONE AE physical location from south of the Bay down to the Mexican border.

post #4889 of 17737

Which option is best?

 

I have a pair of McTavish that need to be recrafted. 

 

Pay $125 to AE and get the $50 gift card? 

 

Buy them in seconds from shoebank for $137? 

 

Or find a local cobbler to replace soles/heels?

post #4890 of 17737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 

 

They have more room and are longer than the same sized Daltons I wore yesterday, but have less heel slip. Found this pretty interesting, considering I've always felt the Daltons are too snug. Guess I haven't worn these on back to back days before.

 

I've noticed this too.  I think I should have gone down half a size from the 511 on these.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc