Brown saddle Vernons today with my new Orient Mako watch and custom made steampunk cuff links from my wedding.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 7:00 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 321post #4802 of 193275/10/16 at 7:04amQuote:Originally Posted by 3lilnags
That happened to my McAllisters with the cleaner/conditioner (posted a few pages back) in the same exact spot. On the great advice here, I contacted AE and they sent a return label to have them sent back. I would do the same for this.
Disappointing that the leather lotion does this as well, I was planning to use that to condition before polishing. Now, not so sure.
Yeah, I was def surprised. Especially because the color is fine everywhere else on the shoe.
I've reached out to AE, I'll see what they say. Guess I could polish it myself but I shouldn't have to.
The leather lotion hasn't taken the color off of any other AE shoes I have. Maybe I just got unlucky with the Fifth Avenues.post #4803 of 193275/10/16 at 7:05ampost #4804 of 193275/10/16 at 7:08ampost #4805 of 193275/10/16 at 7:47am
Was just coming to post the same recrafting announcement / promo as Nick and ace13x above. Anybody planning on taking advantage? If you got the email, the fine print seems to indicate it isn't a proper gift card and has a lot of restrictions:Quote from AE email:*Recrafting $50 promo cards will be inserted with completed recraft orders of the prestige and standard packages only. Not valid on refinishing and new heels packages. Offer valid for one time use on regular priced Allen Edmonds shoes. Not valid on Factory-Seconds. Not valid on Island Sandals, SWIMS, Slippers, Allen Edmonds non-shoe products, gift cards, Recrafting® services or previous purchases. Offer valid on one pair of regular priced shoes only for an individual customer and cannot be stacked with other offers. Offer has no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. Void if lost, stolen or resold. Allen Edmonds reserves the right to end this promotion at any time. Offer expiration date found on card.
I've been hoping for a promotion of any type on recrafting so I'm excited that we've got something but the fact that this $50 discount will only work on regular priced firsts really makes it a harder sell than I'd hoped. I'm really a seconds or sale-only type guy so looking at a new pair for $345 is still difficult.post #4806 of 193275/10/16 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by flaminiom
My first AE shoes. Picked these Strands up on eBay. Seem nearly new with no sole wear. Seems a little discolored on the left toe, but haven't cleaned and polished yet. Either way loving them so far.
After trying a Park Ave in the store, decided to go down half a size on this last. Width seems good and the smaller size seems to better line up the widest part of my foot with the widest of this shoe.
Look great! Toe could be evened out with a little darker walnut or bourbon (faster results) on light toe and neutral on other. Once you are comfortable with how polish and products react with the shoe. Either way, look good as is.post #4807 of 193275/10/16 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Soupy
Was just coming to post the same recrafting announcement / promo as Nick and ace13x above. Anybody planning on taking advantage? If you got the email, the fine print seems to indicate it isn't a proper gift card and has a lot of restrictions:
I've been hoping for a promotion of any type on recrafting so I'm excited that we've got something but the fact that this $50 discount will only work on regular priced firsts really makes it a harder sell than I'd hoped. I'm really a seconds or sale-only type guy so looking at a new pair for $345 is still difficult.
Pair it with an Amex card $50 off $250 offer for $100 off .post #4808 of 193275/10/16 at 8:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mosy
Got a pair of dark chili carlyles during the recent sale. They are beautiful. However there is some substance on the welt. What is this and can it be removed? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Try a stiff brush. I had some thing like that on my Aldens and using a stiffer nylon bristled brush (like the one that comes on the AE suede combo tool) worked well. A regular horsehair brush is too soft.Quote:Originally Posted by tkebh979
Friends - use Bick 4 to hydrate your shoes. I've used it on every leather shoe (including burnished versions like bourbon, brown, merlot, and dark chili burnished) I have from multiple manufacturers and never seen anything but color-fast buttery softness. I've also used it on a few manistee belts that I have, which seem less supple than my standard AE wide dress belt.
I think of it like Frank's Red Hot Sauce... I put that shit on everything (shoes, chairs, couches, car interiors, belts, jackets, you-name-it). It's pretty cost effective, too.
+1. Bick 4 hydrates better than Saphir Renovateur, AE conditioner & cleaner, and VSC IME. When I first got my pair of CXL Indy boots I conditioned one with Bick 4 and the other with VSC. Looks-wise, they look the same, but the leather on the boot that I used Bick 4 on is a bit more supple.post #4809 of 193275/10/16 at 8:25am
True but that Amex promo works for factory seconds and sale items (just needs to be AE). I found myself trying to decide if I wanted to send in a pair to recraft earlier than they realistically need to be but realized that I likely wouldn't purchase anything that is 100% retail price. Nice offer to anyone that does frequently buy outside of their sales though.post #4810 of 193275/10/16 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by M2511
True but that Amex promo works for factory seconds and sale items (just needs to be AE). I found myself trying to decide if I wanted to send in a pair to recraft earlier than they realistically need to be but realized that I likely wouldn't purchase anything that is 100% retail price. Nice offer to anyone that does frequently buy outside of their sales though.
I'm in the same boat. Have a pair ready to send in, and was hoping for some sort of discount. The $50 is nice, but I usually don't buy at full price.post #4811 of 193275/10/16 at 8:31amQuote:
haha, no worries. I knew the Carlyle was on the 108. I didn't know my high instep would affect the V, but the shoe fits me so well that I don't want to return. Carlyle also has more toe room than the Lasalle and feels roomier in general. Love the fit.post #4812 of 193275/10/16 at 8:50amQuote:
Thanks for the tips. I'll try cleaning them up just to see if it's excessive polish from the previous owner. If not I may tinker, but it's really not that big of a deal to me.post #4813 of 193275/10/16 at 9:19ampost #4814 of 193275/10/16 at 9:32amQuote:
I received this today from the Charleston store:
"Brooks Brothers styles will be on sale for $149, and both the Park Avenue and Strand will be $239, with their Independence Collection counterparts (the Hopkinson and Bartlett) dropping to $299. Some of the other featured styles are the McAllister ($249), Cornwallis, Yorktown, Grayson, and Carlyle ($199), and all Road Warrior styles will be $189."
Trying to decide what I am targeting. Several of those prices are very tempting.
BTW, Jason in that store has been very helpful and friendly to me so far over e-mail. He seems to do a good job at describing the shoes that you inquire about as well. I'll have to do him a solid and make purchase from that store.post #4815 of 193275/10/16 at 9:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@Lobster33Decided to go with my Waltons today (will try to post pic later). This one has your name written all over it buddy, I'm sure your wife will be fine with one more.
She wasn’t mad about the Carlyle, but she still doesn’t know about my Lasalle that sits under my desk. Clark shoes are coming sometime soon as well, which I decided not to hide.
I saw someone had a pair of brown Walton’s on ebay. They looked stunning, but I don’t like to buy used shoes out of concerns of getting athletes foot.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...