or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 319

post #4771 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Thanks! Actually they are an MTO McAllister from the SF MTO heyday. There was a summer shoe almost exactly like this one called the Spiaggia which I missed out on before it was cancelled, soI used the MTO program to recreate it.

I think you're thinking of the suede Strand webgem. There were strands in odd colors like green purple and orange. @polojock615 has one of those.

I was certain that was the Spiaggia - nice job on the recreation!

post #4772 of 17718
I'm aware that the AE Leather Conditioner takes burnishing off. Apparently I'm having the same issue with the Leather Lotion. Just used it on my be Dark Chii Fifth Avenues 😩.



Not sure if you can tell, but between the laces and start of the cap, the color has been removed from both shoes.
post #4773 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeble View Post

I'm aware that the AE Leather Conditioner takes burnishing off. Apparently I'm having the same issue with the Leather Lotion. Just used it on my be Dark Chii Fifth Avenues 😩.



Not sure if you can tell, but between the laces and start of the cap, the color has been removed from both shoes.

Now try polishing with dark chili polish and buffing.
post #4774 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

I was certain that was the Spiaggia - nice job on the recreation!

Thanks, the only differences are the cream midsole and the lining is red. smile.gif
post #4775 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post

Now try polishing with dark chili polish and buffing.

Yeah, I'm just lazy and didn't want to have to polish before I even wore them. I've never had the lotion take off color before, it surprised me.
post #4776 of 17718

Today is my first experience with ordering seconds from the CAC.  I've ordered my previous seconds from the Ohio store and have been very pleased.  I know that when you buy seconds, you roll the dice.  I'm very fortunate to have been 3/3 so far.  Perhaps I should not push my luck with the seconds too much since I've heard horror stories from others. 

 

These Carlyle's are somehow seconds, but I cannot find anything wrong with them.  Perhaps it is some color variation?  There's not even any creases.  Tried these on and they fit just like my Lasalle, which is perfect.  Also, the leather insole feels a little softer than the one in my Leeds.   I'm very, very pleased.  

 

 

 

post #4777 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeble View Post

Yeah, I'm just lazy and didn't want to have to polish before I even wore them. I've never had the lotion take off color before, it surprised me.

That's why I wear right out of the box.
post #4778 of 17718

Do you guys think the V is too big on my Carlyle?  I'm new to this type of shoe.  If feels perfect on the inside, but is this considered looking too narrow?  

post #4779 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

Do you guys think the V is too big on my Carlyle?  I'm new to this type of shoe.  If feels perfect on the inside, but is this considered looking too narrow?  


It will get smaller once the footbed molds to your foot, but for me, its a bit too much from which to start with a new pair.  The said, everyone has their own preferences. 

 

If the rest of the shoe fits really well, there is probably not much you can do on that last since the 201 is supposed to have a higher instep allowance..  If in attempt to get a closer V-gap, you go wider, my guess is you'll have too much volume, if you go up in length you may have too much space in front of your toes and get odd creasing.

 

Just my opinion.  I hope they mold to your liking.  Otherwise they look fabulous.

post #4780 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

Do you guys think the V is too big on my Carlyle?  I'm new to this type of shoe.  If feels perfect on the inside, but is this considered looking too narrow?  

 

In addition to what ace13x said, try using the euro straight lacing. It's much easier to tighten and will bring the halves together.

post #4781 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 


It will get smaller once the footbed molds to your foot, but for me, its a bit too much from which to start with a new pair.  The said, everyone has their own preferences. 

 

If the rest of the shoe fits really well, there is probably not much you can do on that last since the 201 is supposed to have a higher instep allowance..  If in attempt to get a closer V-gap, you go wider, my guess is you'll have too much volume, if you go up in length you may have too much space in front of your toes and get odd creasing.

 

Just my opinion.  I hope they mold to your liking.  Otherwise they look fabulous.

 

Thanks!

 

I just tried them again and realized I had them a little loose when I took the picture.  They look a better now that I've tightened them.    The inside feels perfect, so I don't want to go up 1/2 and risk having the shoe feel too loose.  

post #4782 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeble View Post

I'm aware that the AE Leather Conditioner takes burnishing off. Apparently I'm having the same issue with the Leather Lotion. Just used it on my be Dark Chii Fifth Avenues 😩.



Not sure if you can tell, but between the laces and start of the cap, the color has been removed from both shoes.


Out of curiosity, did you rub the lotion in really hard?  The AE shoe care demos seem to show just a a light swab.  Frankly, the videos are a bit lacking in detail.

post #4783 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post
 

 

In addition to what ace13x said, try using the euro straight lacing. It's much easier to tighten and will bring the halves together.


Thanks, I forgot to mention that.  I find it VERY hard to get tension with the regular bar lacing method.  The European works better for me.

post #4784 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


Out of curiosity, did you rub the lotion in really hard?  The AE shoe care demos seem to show just a a light swab.  Frankly, the videos are a bit lacking in detail.

Not really, used the same amount of pressure all over the shoe. Color only came off on both shoes in the same area.
post #4785 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

Today is my first experience with ordering seconds from the CAC.  I've ordered my previous seconds from the Ohio store and have been very pleased.  I know that when you buy seconds, you roll the dice.  I'm very fortunate to have been 3/3 so far.  Perhaps I should not push my luck with the seconds too much since I've heard horror stories from others. 

These Carlyle's are somehow seconds, but I cannot find anything wrong with them.  Perhaps it is some color variation?  There's not even any creases.  Tried these on and they fit just like my Lasalle, which is perfect.  Also, the leather insole feels a little softer than the one in my Leeds.   I'm very, very pleased.  







Ok, what does CAC stand for?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc