or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 313

post #4681 of 17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

Someone should compile a list of stores that AE makes custom shoes for.  I'd really like to know.  

So far I have...

Nordstroms
Club Monaco
Brooks Brothers

Who else?

Lands End
post #4682 of 17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

Someone should compile a list of stores that AE makes custom shoes for.  I'd really like to know.  

 

So far I have...

 

Nordstroms

Club Monaco

Brooks Brothers

 

Who else?

J. Press

post #4683 of 17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

I kind of wish that I had bought a pair of these while they were still available.

They're kinda hard to pair (as you can tell I kinda said "fuckit" with my outfit. First day back to work after medical leave and torrential rain = I care not), but completely bullet proof. And supremely comfortable.
post #4684 of 17560
I hit my (beloved, cherished, and awesome) ratty Eastports with a thorough, multi-coat neatsfoot oil soaking and injected a bit more life into them. They are my casual go-to summer footwear for just about anything involving water of any sort, and they usually see about a year of hard use before I have to treat the leather and reattach parts of the sole with Gorilla Glue.

I tell myself every spring that it's time to pick up another pair, but in the end I know I'll continue with these until they crumble into dust. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Before:







After:






Ready for another year of comfy abuse!

I hope everyone's weekend is going well, as always. cheers.gif
post #4685 of 17560

FYI - The spend $250 or more in store or online at Allen Edmonds and receive a $50 statement credit offer is back for AMEX cardholders.

post #4686 of 17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

I hit my (beloved, cherished, and awesome) ratty Eastports with a thorough, multi-coat neatsfoot oil soaking and injected a bit more life into them. They are my casual go-to summer footwear for just about anything involving water of any sort, and they usually see about a year of hard use before I have to treat the leather and reattach parts of the sole with Gorilla Glue.

I tell myself every spring that it's time to pick up another pair, but in the end I know I'll continue with these until they crumble into dust. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Before:







After:






Ready for another year of comfy abuse!

I hope everyone's weekend is going well, as always. cheers.gif


Absolutely amazing! Well done!
post #4687 of 17560
Cousin's wedding today, so it's bourbon Park Avenues903667faf25523660c7de04fa2cf6345.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
post #4688 of 17560
Whoa, Sheltons are gone already? What was there, one in each size?

Also, Sturgis is mighty tempting at $167
post #4689 of 17560

With very few exceptions, most forum members have or know some woman who qualifies a "mother." This is a timely reminder that there will be hell to pay if said mother is forgotten tomorrow. You have been warned. Me? I am cooling my heels at the florist shop in old recrafted chili Bentons with a mini lug sole. Weekend casual.

 

post #4690 of 17560

In case anyone is wondering, the chili Cornwallis is a Nordstrom exclusive, much like the chili Strand.  Allen Edmonds will only be selling them 2nd quality.

post #4691 of 17560
Need some sizing advice on the Fifth St. Boot, which is on the 65 last.

I wear an 8E in the Strand. Length is great, width is also very good with good closure of the V-Gap once broken in. An 8D would fit, but then I wouldn't get proper closure. An 8.5D, and I would (likely) get good closure after break in, but then I feel they are a bit long.

So based on that, 8D, or 8E on the Fifth Street?
post #4692 of 17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMiddles View Post

In case anyone is wondering, the chili Cornwallis is a Nordstrom exclusive, much like the chili Strand.  Allen Edmonds will only be selling them 2nd quality.

I was wondering indeed. Good to know, thanks!
post #4693 of 17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

I hit my (beloved, cherished, and awesome) ratty Eastports with a thorough, multi-coat neatsfoot oil soaking and injected a bit more life into them. They are my casual go-to summer footwear for just about anything involving water of any sort, and they usually see about a year of hard use before I have to treat the leather and reattach parts of the sole with Gorilla Glue.

I tell myself every spring that it's time to pick up another pair, but in the end I know I'll continue with these until they crumble into dust. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


Before:







After:






Ready for another year of comfy abuse!

I hope everyone's weekend is going well, as always. cheers.gif

Look great! I have a pair of A/O Topsiders that I have a similar regimine. Experimented with some melatonin creme to darken up this year with fresh laces and gorilla glue smile.gif. Have lasted 6 years of insane abuse.
post #4694 of 17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post

Need some sizing advice on the Fifth St. Boot, which is on the 65 last.

I wear an 8E in the Strand. Length is great, width is also very good with good closure of the V-Gap once broken in. An 8D would fit, but then I wouldn't get proper closure. An 8.5D, and I would (likely) get good closure after break in, but then I feel they are a bit long.

So based on that, 8D, or 8E on the Fifth Street?
Depends; how close do you want them to close? Although there's slightly more room in the Fifth Street than the Strand, the gap at the bottom will be similar. But since the gap is worse on shoes at the top, and on boots the bottom gap gets wider and then narrower toward the shaft, the part that's visible might not be too bad.
Edited by naspratt - 5/7/16 at 5:09pm
post #4695 of 17560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

Someone should compile a list of stores that AE makes custom shoes for.  I'd really like to know.  

 

So far I have...

 

Nordstroms

Club Monaco

Brooks Brothers

 

Who else?


Doesn't Jos. A. Bank also offer AEs?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc