Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 289post #4321 of 193344/29/16 at 9:48ampost #4322 of 193344/29/16 at 10:13amQuote:Originally Posted by NorseHorse
Need some advice! I have one space on my shoe rack left. 16 pairs of AEs now and no monk straps.
I'm looking at a clearance Bourbon Mora 2.0 or an Oxblood Warwick (ordered at anniversary sale price).
I plan to wear them sockless because it's more casual and I like the look.
I think the single strap is more formal but want opinions. Appreciate any insight!
Walnut Lexingtons today in Dainite on a casual Friday.
I like the warwick, but if I could only get one, it would be the Mora.post #4323 of 193344/29/16 at 10:34am
Received the McAllisters I got off eBay for $80 last night. Very pleased with how they turned out. Pictures are from them coming straight out of the box, haven't had time to clean them up or polish them yet. The creasing seems to be in line with my foot size and walking pattern, so that is a plus. Also looks like they've been recently recrafted (I'm guessing that's what the hammer on the bottom means).
In comparison to the Strands, they do seem to fit slightly different, which seems to echo what a few others have said on here. The V gap seems to be a bit smaller on these and they might even be more comfortable than the Strands, but part of that could be that the McAllisters have been broken in more.
All in all, digging the look of these and it satisfies my black shoe quotient. Next up may be saving up for a pair of shell cordovans. Those brown strands a few posts back are beautiful.post #4324 of 193344/29/16 at 10:52ampost #4325 of 193344/29/16 at 10:58amQuote:
There is really no such thing as "normal" creasing. Every shoe and foot combination are going to crease slightly different, even on the same last. There is such a thing as abnormal in that the spray AE puts on may crack and exaggerate the creasing, or really dry leather may crack. Some creasing may occur in an undesirable location, but if the shoe feels good, there isn't anything you can do about it. I suppose you could try another shoe and the creasing may occur in a better location, or it may not; it's a gamble. As far as your particular shoes, the PA's are creasing as expected in my opinion. (Looks like there may be a touch too much wax or their spray on them, but otherwise fine.) The monks, while arguably deep, appear to be in common areas as well and look fine on the overhead shot you provided. Unless you see cracking in the leather itself, and so are worried about the quality of the calfskin, embrace the crease. See this article for further comment on creasing.
post #4326 of 193344/29/16 at 11:55ampost #4327 of 193344/29/16 at 11:57am
My Lasalles arrived!
These fit snug, but perfect. I love the 108 last -- It just feels more natural for my foot shape. My usual size 8D fits perfectly. Already these are very comfy.
The only thing I could find wrong with these 2nds were the creases. I don't mind that at all. So pleased for only $179!post #4328 of 193344/29/16 at 12:32pmpost #4329 of 193344/29/16 at 12:45pmQuote:
Those Park Aves look completely normal.post #4330 of 193344/29/16 at 1:32pmpost #4331 of 193344/29/16 at 1:36pm
For those with unlined models, how much do they typically stretch out after getting broken in?
I'm usually an 8.5D, and with the Neumoks I just got, I think the 8.5 might be every so slightly too long, but still comfortable. Afraid if they stretch out a lot they will feel way too bigpost #4332 of 193344/29/16 at 1:39pmpost #4333 of 193344/29/16 at 2:44pmQuote:
Are you talking about the one for $137?
I bought the 1.0 from shoebank and it's been fantastic. Fits excellent in my usual size, but I'm talking about the leather insole version and not the poron insole-version which is 2.0. IMO, the Leeds fits the same across the middle of the shoe in terms of narrowness, but the Leeds has more toe room than most other lasts I've tried so far. It also makes more noise when you walk because it's a double oak, double leather soled shoe. My Leeds 1.0 that I got was a great investment.post #4334 of 193344/29/16 at 3:07pmpost #4335 of 193344/29/16 at 3:20pm
This Leeds talk makes this post a little more relevant. Less than a month after my initial foray into shell, my second just arrived from eBay.
I couldn't be happier with them. They look great and fit even better. And to top it off, they're a fairly significant pair: my 20th AE.
(Followed about an hour afterwards by my 21st, when UPS dropped off a Dark Chili Fifth Avenue )
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 20 minutes ago
- › What is this no collar shirt called? It looks really nice 22 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Brown Calf Jumper Boot - Size 10 UK 24 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...