or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 271

post #4051 of 17845
Fifth Streets and wildflowers.
post #4052 of 17845

Hey all, would appreciate some opinions.

 

Today, I intend to either order a pair of dainite walnut Mcallisters or a pair of Cavanaugh loafers. (undecided on color for these)

 

Either would be worn business casual 98% of the time. Currently only own a pair of bourbon Strands, and burgundy Sanfords.

 

Which pair is a better buy right now? (Could a particular model be purchased at a better price later?)

 

As a 22 year old male, are the loafers a little too "old-man"? If not, what color would you choose if you were me?

 

Appreciate any opinions! Thanks!

post #4053 of 17845
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceIS View Post

Hey all, would appreciate some opinions.

Today, I intend to either order a pair of dainite walnut Mcallisters or a pair of Cavanaugh loafers. (undecided on color for these)

Either would be worn business casual 98% of the time. Currently only own a pair of bourbon Strands, and burgundy Sanfords.

Which pair is a better buy right now? (Could a particular model be purchased at a better price later?)

As a 22 year old male, are the loafers a little too "old-man"? If not, what color would you choose if you were me?

Appreciate any opinions! Thanks!
I would get the navy suede Cavanaughs. They're on clearance for $157, look baller, and in my opinion go better with business casual than the McAllisters. Olive or snuff suede are also pretty nice, and might go better with your trousers. If you'd rather the wingtip, I'd get the Madison Park from Nordstrom's for $245 over the McAllister.
post #4054 of 17845

Wow, the navy suede it is.. Good call.

 

Is it possible to wear the suede with a nice tan leather belt? or am I now locked into purchasing the blue suede belt as well? lol

post #4055 of 17845
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceIS View Post

Wow, the navy suede it is.. Good call.

 

Is it possible to wear the suede with a nice tan leather belt? or am I now locked into purchasing the blue suede belt as well? lol


To me, loafers can be pulled off by a younger person but I don't think they are versatile enough over the Madison parks or mcallisters. Just my opinion of course.
post #4056 of 17845
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceIS View Post

Wow, the navy suede it is.. Good call.

Is it possible to wear the suede with a nice tan leather belt? or am I now locked into purchasing the blue suede belt as well? lol
I wouldn't worry about the belt; tan leather should be fine. That said, the blue suede belt is on sale for $79 if you want it, and the South Fork in blue leather is on clearance for $49.
post #4057 of 17845

I agree completely, these are significantly flashier.

 

Hopefully i'll catch the wingtips on sale at some point during the summer. 

 

Looks like I got the last pair of 10 E's. My strands are D's. Hopefully they fit decently enough to keep 

post #4058 of 17845
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmchow View Post

To me, loafers can be pulled off by a younger person but I don't think they are versatile enough over the Madison parks or mcallisters. Just my opinion of course.

I agree that young people can wear loafers, especially navy suede. Us old people cannot wear those without the song running through our heads constantly. Young people have probably never heard the song.
post #4059 of 17845

Shameless plug for the AE Oxblood Daltons in size 8E I just listed :).

 

 

More Pics! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #4060 of 17845
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
 

 

I've been looking at those on and off for over a month, too.

 

:crackup:LOL, you guys should just buy them and get it over with since you are so interested in them.  

post #4061 of 17845
The back of my heels, more specifically for my right foot, are absolutely torn up.
Actual blood has touched the inside of my oxblood graysons now.
The pain one must go through during the first 5-10 wearings frown.gif
post #4062 of 17845
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthActuary View Post

The back of my heels, more specifically for my right foot, are absolutely torn up.
Actual blood has touched the inside of my oxblood graysons now.
The pain one must go through during the first 5-10 wearings frown.gif

At least you can touch up scuffs right on the spot without having to go home to get polish.

post #4063 of 17845

It's time for another installment of "Handy tips for Ebay Pictures ®." Today's tip: "Shoe trees are your friend." Yes, after several years of beating your shoes to death, wadding them up and storing them in your car trunk, a pair of shoe trees will smooth over a few rough spots that some discriminating shoe lovers may find objectionable. No amount of phrases such as "fair condition" and "moderate use" in the ad will overcome the lack of a good set of trees. This is especially true when one is asking $75 for these beauties. If nothing else, they will help cover up a sweaty insole.

 

post #4064 of 17845
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

It's time for another installment of "Handy tips for Ebay Pictures ®." Today's tip: "Shoe trees are your friend." Yes, after several years of beating your shoes to death, wadding them up and storing them in your car trunk, a pair of shoe trees will smooth over a few rough spots that some discriminating shoe lovers may find objectionable. No amount of phrases such as "fair condition" and "moderate use" in the ad will overcome the lack of a good set of trees. This is especially true when one is asking $75 for these beauties. If nothing else, they will help cover up a sweaty insole.

My heart goes out to those shoes. It pains me to see full grain leather shoes in such neglected condition like that.
post #4065 of 17845
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

It's time for another installment of "Handy tips for Ebay Pictures ®." Today's tip: "Shoe trees are your friend." Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yes, after several years of beating your shoes to death, wadding them up and storing them in your car trunk, a pair of shoe trees will smooth over a few rough spots that some discriminating shoe lovers may find objectionable. No amount of phrases such as "fair condition" and "moderate use" in the ad will overcome the lack of a good set of trees. This is especially true when one is asking $75 for these beauties. If nothing else, they will help cover up a sweaty insole.




Heck, at the very least stuff some paper in there to smooth them out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc