or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 270

post #4036 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Your dog just made me rotflmao.gif

He's a good boy. smile.gif

A Hennarot E24 passed me today while out for my morning run. It had the S38 front fascia but I was too deep into the groove to turn to look for the badge. Every time I see one, I want one. A friend has a fully restored, concours-level 1988 M6:






It's perfect. cheers.gif

Sorry for going off topic. We're heading out tonight, so jeans + Dundees.




Have a great night!
post #4037 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post


He's a good boy. smile.gif

A Hennarot E24 passed me today while out for my morning run. It had the S38 front fascia but I was too deep into the groove to turn to look for the badge. Every time I see one, I want one. A friend has a fully restored, concours-level 1988 M6:






It's perfect. cheers.gif
 

 

Well, that is totally on-topic for me!  :)  That looks like a great example!.  I know a fair number of West-coast Shark guys.  Wouldn't be surprised if I know or know-of your buddy. I finally dragged my car out of the garage after a long slumber and took it for an extended, spirited drive...

post #4038 of 17740
Insanely nice my man. Such a huge fan of that car!

I'll take it to PM when we get back tonight. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4039 of 17740
How's the fit compared to 65 last

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post



Maiden voyage of the Oxblood Cavanaugh. My chili belt is dark enough that it's a good match.
post #4040 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post

How's the fit compared to 65 last
Im an 8e on the 5 last and 8.5e, 8.5d, and 8e did not work for me for the cavanaugh. Either the toebox was too tight or the heel cup was too loose. The last the cavanaughs are on just dont work with my foot.
Im super glad they didnt work for me since im obsessed with the oxblood graysons.
post #4041 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by basura ka View Post

So I had a dilemma yesterday. I ordered the 5th Ave in Chili early last week. Yesterday, Friday, I haven't gotten the call from the AE store that I ordered from so I figured it is on back order, like what I read early on this thread. In the meantime, the Tan Strandmok, which I also ordered last week came in. Now I was debating if I should wait 4 weeks or just get the Strandmok.
I do have the 5th Ave in Walnut already. But I also have the Strand in Walnut.
The Chili 5th Ave is for dress, while the Strandmok is more casual, so apples vs oranges, right? But considering the price is the same for both, the 5th Ave being $150 off, and the Strandmok just $50 off, which one would you guys pick? I think I'm leaning towards the 5th Ave just because it's discounted more. But All my AEs are dress shoes, I don't have one for casual Fridays yet - would be great to have the Strandmok. Any of you aware of any future sale again? Also, do you guys have a pair that you've bought and have never worn?? I've had my Walnut Strand for about a month but I haven't worn it. Kinda want to save it for a special occassion.


I'm no expert at predicting future prices, but I would snag the Chili 5th.  I have a feeling the Strandmok will be discounted at least $50 (i.e. its current price) in the future (probably as soon as this Fall).  Also, as a casual shoe, I personally wouldn't freak out by a small imperfection and would look for a second.  But that my comfort level, yours may be different.  

 

If I was going casual, I'd probably go all the way and get one of the suede Strandmoks, and I could see those easily going down to $195.


Edited by ace13x - 4/23/16 at 10:33pm
post #4042 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthActuary View Post

Im an 8e on the 5 last and 8.5e, 8.5d, and 8e did not work for me for the cavanaugh. Either the toebox was too tight or the heel cup was too loose. The last the cavanaughs are on just dont work with my foot.
Im super glad they didnt work for me since im obsessed with the oxblood graysons.

Yea the Grayson is a looker, I have the Alden tassels in burgundy. I am looking for a Ae leather loafer to replace my shell burgundy kenwoods; to wear with shorts.
post #4043 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmchow View Post

Was going to wear my new Shannon drives today but in the daylight I noticed some flaws and wanted input. AFAIK, these aren't supposed to be seconds, just clearance firsts on their site.

First, the sole has black stains/color on the front and side edges. The photo makes it look like its separating but it's not. Just has black color.

19a1d24e34171e418bd6dc5a02d6b2dd.jpg

Second, near the toe on the left shoe, the welt is slightly separated from the shoe.

84c232926f23c71b7284e397909654d7.jpg

Third, it appears the lace holes are misaligned but not sure if this intentional with this style.

053bc083f2ee2b703ae81116e1916893.jpg

18aa2928349489ba1f317c8efd31b235.jpg

I emailed them just now but also wanted y'alls thoughts on this.


The black mark on the sole edge or the gap in the welt wouldn't bother me, but the lop-sided misaligned look might.  

 

I just got a pair of 2nd quality Shannon Drives this week.  My pair has a crooked tongue and lop-sided laces on the left shoe--the right hand shoe came out perfect.  I don't know what the problem is, but AE sure seems to have that lop-sided look on a lot of the bluchers and it seems like it's always on only one side.  They are comfortable right out of the box--maybe the most comfortable pair of shoes I have.  I have been wearing them for walking on my treadmill this week instead of athletic shoes while I'm waiting for a new pair of Asics Gel Kayanos to arrive and my legs feel better than usual.

post #4044 of 17740
I have a noob question for you gents. My 8.5D Ascher, 8.5E Strandmok and Mcallister all fit me well, so I ordered Warwick in 8.5D and Park Ave in 8.5E from the anniversary sale last week. I tried on them both today and they fit perfectly everywhere except there's some space around the heel, when I bend my feet while walking I can feel my ankle doesn't completely touch the heel support of the shoe. Should the heel fit my foot more snugly so it can take more pressure when I walk? Is there any negative issue in the long run in my situation for my feet or the shoes?

Thank you gents, have a good weekend!
post #4045 of 17740

Someone buy these, before I hurt myself.

 

http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=0801S&DIM=D&SIZE=085

post #4046 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post

How's the fit compared to 65 last

I am a 10.5D on the 65, and I went to 11D on the Cavanaugh. The toe box is still pretty tight, and feels like it's not quite high enough, but that may be due to loafer from oxford. I have no heel slipage in either.
post #4047 of 17740
I guess I am lucky with my seconds Shannon Drives. Only flaw on mine was slightly darker small spot by the laces near the top. Not noticeable from standing site distance. After some leather treatment it is not there anymore.

I have said it already but I will agree with you here again. These shoes are very comfortable. At this point after wearing them to work 3 times and around the house several times I can say confidently these are my most comfortable shoe - dress, casual, boot, sneaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post


The black mark on the sole edge or the gap in the welt wouldn't bother me, but the lop-sided misaligned look might.  

I just got a pair of 2nd quality Shannon Drives this week.  My pair has a crooked tongue and lop-sided laces on the left shoe--the right hand shoe came out perfect.  I don't know what the problem is, but AE sure seems to have that lop-sided look on a lot of the bluchers and it seems like it's always on only one side.  They are comfortable right out of the box--maybe the most comfortable pair of shoes I have.  I have been wearing them for walking on my treadmill this week instead of athletic shoes while I'm waiting for a new pair of Asics Gel Kayanos to arrive and my legs feel better than usual.
post #4048 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 

Someone buy these, before I hurt myself.

 

http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=0801S&DIM=D&SIZE=085

 

I've been looking at those on and off for over a month, too.

post #4049 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post




Those Dundees look amazing!
post #4050 of 17740
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
 

 

I've been looking at those on and off for over a month, too.


I'm an 8D, but I think I could/should go up a half due to the Brooks poron insole.  Its hard to say without trying them on.  I just picked up the Dundee in Burgundy Shell, so these would be overkill, but the price on them makes me weak.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc