Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 259post #3871 of 154004/21/16 at 6:44ampost #3872 of 154004/21/16 at 6:45ampost #3873 of 154004/21/16 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by Swiper
I haven't been on SF for quite a while...easier on the wallet that way...but thought I would post up my recent AE experience.
So I bought a pair of burgundy shell Leeds a while back during the free belt deal. When they arrived i noticed a flaw that made them unwearable. I got lazy and they sat in my closet for a few months until last week when i shipped them back for exchange.
I missed a call on Friday from AE regarding these shoes and the message said please call to discuss. I called this morning and was shocked by what they said.
The rep was very appologetic and said that these shoes should never have left the factory and been sent to a customer. The kicker is, not only are they re-making my shoes as expected, but are also sending me a $698 gift card!
I'm pretty stoked...will post pics when i get my 2 new pairs of shell!Quote:Quote:post #3874 of 154004/21/16 at 6:50ampost #3875 of 154004/21/16 at 6:50ampost #3876 of 154004/21/16 at 6:59ampost #3877 of 154004/21/16 at 7:29ampost #3878 of 154004/21/16 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
I'm new here, but been a lurker for a few months. I purchased an original AE Leeds shoe in 8D from shoebank about 6 weeks ago and it fits my foot perfectly. I'm not even sure why they were seconds because I could not find any flaws other than a small scratch on the heel. This is the same size I wear in the Malone and Ashton as well, and they all fit well.
Anyway, I am very satisfied with the fit of the original Leeds, but it is my first shoe with a leather insole. I much prefer the Poron insole (or something similar) as it's much more comfortable on my feet. I also ordered a Wilbert in 8D (which is supposed to fit the same as the Leeds), but had to return them and go up a 1/2 size because it was too tight. I am wondering if I need to do that for the Leeds 2.0 because of the added poron insole.
1. Has anyone on here owned both the Leeds 2.0 and the original Leeds and did you have to go up 1/2 size for the 2.0?
2. Does anyone know what last the Malone is built on? The site claims it was made on the 511, but an AE salesman told me that it was definitely not the same last and that he didn't know which last it was built around. I am curious because the Malone fits my foot the best of all the shoes I own.
I would like to look into ordering a Leeds 2.0 when there is a seconds sale, but I'd like to know if I need to order 1/2 size up.
Quoting this for you so it has a chance of getting seen again, unfortunately I don't have either Leeds or the Malone so I can't help you there.
Unrelated, wearing my Dainite McGregors again today thanks to a chance of rain this afternoon. I love this sole and not worrying about wearing down a leather sole in foul weather.post #3879 of 154004/21/16 at 7:53ampost #3880 of 154004/21/16 at 7:57ampost #3881 of 154004/21/16 at 8:43ampost #3882 of 154004/21/16 at 8:48amQuote:
That is a go-ahead for sure!
In my closet...one pair of shoe bags look just like the otherspost #3883 of 154004/21/16 at 9:17ampost #3884 of 154004/21/16 at 9:34ampost #3885 of 154004/21/16 at 9:50amQuote:
Possible, but unlikely. I tried this with a defective pair I bought on Amazon. Amazon eventually took them back.
The store you bought them from should have to take them back if they are defective.
I just became aware of the secret seconds sale going on now. I soooo want to buy the Lasalle at $179, but my wife would kill me since I've already bought 4 pairs of AE shoes in the last 8 months. :D Maybe I can buy and have them shipped to work and keep them at work.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 18 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 25 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 27 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 32 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 37 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 37 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 46 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 49 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...