or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 254

post #3796 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

I use lexol and saphir renovateur myself, some use bick 4.

 

I use saphir renovateur on all my AE shoes that are not burnished. Based on what I see it take off of others, I'd be surprised if the renovateur didn't take off as much or more of the burnishing.

post #3797 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDriver View Post

I've got two pair coming back from recrafing and another pair (hopefully) as replacement for my defective McGregors.  I figure the McCallisters I bought yesterday will come in under the radar...

Similar problem. A pair of chili Dainite fifths from AE that I previously convinced her I "needed", then 5 pairs from Bloomingdales that I bought yesterday (black and walnut carlyles, walnut Mcallister, brown strandmok, plus a pair of black carlyles for my brother). Zero chance of hiding. Hopefully at 160/pr she'll eventually forgive me.
post #3798 of 19327

Ugh......cant remember exactly where I saw the details, but im pretty sure it was in this post maybe 10-15 pages back. Someone basically listed about 15-20 shoes that they were offering at like $80 - $100 off shoebank listed prices. I called their thomasville, OH store and placed the order directly. You might want to try calling them and asking for details as to which models are discounted below shoebank prices. They were very helpful when I called. Sorry I dont have more specifics, but maybe someone in here who is more familiar can point you in the right direction. 

post #3799 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbgGuy View Post
 

Ugh......cant remember exactly where I saw the details, but im pretty sure it was in this post maybe 10-15 pages back. Someone basically listed about 15-20 shoes that they were offering at like $80 - $100 off shoebank listed prices. I called their thomasville, OH store and placed the order directly. You might want to try calling them and asking for details as to which models are discounted below shoebank prices. They were very helpful when I called. Sorry I dont have more specifics, but maybe someone in here who is more familiar can point you in the right direction. 

 

Basically the discount is on the models that are currently on sale as firsts on the main AE website. If you see a model where seconds on the Shoebank are more expensive than firsts on the main AE site, you'll be able to get the $80 to $100 discount on seconds if you call or visit in person. For example, Fifth Streets are listed at $295 for firsts and $299 for seconds right now, but you can actually get the seconds for $199 if you call. 

post #3800 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbgGuy View Post
 

Ugh......cant remember exactly where I saw the details, but im pretty sure it was in this post maybe 10-15 pages back. Someone basically listed about 15-20 shoes that they were offering at like $80 - $100 off shoebank listed prices. I called their thomasville, OH store and placed the order directly. You might want to try calling them and asking for details as to which models are discounted below shoebank prices. They were very helpful when I called. Sorry I dont have more specifics, but maybe someone in here who is more familiar can point you in the right direction. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 


No there is a sale in the AE outlets physical locations not reflected in the ShoeBank web prices.  I posted a link to the original post here:  post #3386.  Actual original post is here:   post #2945.

 

This sale is how someone got the First Ave Boots a few posts back for $249.

There you go

post #3801 of 19327

Walnut Wednesday around smfdoc headquarters.

 

post #3802 of 19327

I'm not sure if I just missed these being on AE or if it was a BB exclusive but these suedes are pretty nice for a decent price IMO http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede-Wingtips/MH00203,default,pd.html

post #3803 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMiddles View Post
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 


No there is a sale in the AE outlets physical locations not reflected in the ShoeBank web prices.  I posted a link to the original post here:  post #3386.  Actual original post is here:   post #2945.

 

This sale is how someone got the First Ave Boots a few posts back for $249.

There you go


Thanks for re-sharing. I missed out on a pair of MacNeil 1.0's a week ago on the Shoebank, someone called in and ordered them right before me, so $199 for the 2.0s is very tempting.

 

Does anyone know if Shoebank sales typically follow the timeline of the main website sales? It's unannounced but I didn't know if anyone might have inside information on this.

post #3804 of 19327

Never mind, I think I found the answer to my question: https://www.tangeroutlet.com/coupons/print/allen--edmonds-outlet-stores/39009

post #3805 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG 7 View Post
 

Never mind, I think I found the answer to my question: https://www.tangeroutlet.com/coupons/print/allen--edmonds-outlet-stores/39009

 

I think the Tanger coupon can only be applied to non-sale items. This is different from the unannounced sale.

post #3806 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 

 

I think the Tanger coupon can only be applied to non-sale items. This is different from the unannounced sale.


It seems the coupon was separate (and unfortunately already expired). The prices here seem to match what was listed above. I will call shortly and see what I can find out.

 

post #3807 of 19327

Now that my Strands have started to break in I'm realizing that they are a half size long as my feet slide forward a bit in the shoe when I walk (especially with thin socks).  Has anyone had any luck exchanging on shoes worn outside, for several months. I seem to recall someone mentioning a similar situation but I can't find the post.

post #3808 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMiddles View Post
 

Now that my Strands have started to break in I'm realizing that they are a half size long as my feet slide forward a bit in the shoe when I walk (especially with thin socks).  Has anyone had any luck exchanging on shoes worn outside, for several months. I seem to recall someone mentioning a similar situation but I can't find the post.

 

Have you tried tongue pads? This greatly helped the fit on a pair of McT's that are 1/2 size too long.

post #3809 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 

 

Have you tried tongue pads? This greatly helped the fit on a pair of McT's that are 1/2 size too long.

I have not but that is a good backup plan if I end up being stuck with them (which I think will be the case).

post #3810 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post

I'm not sure if I just missed these being on AE or if it was a BB exclusive but these suedes are pretty nice for a decent price IMO http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Suede-Wingtips/MH00203,default,pd.html

Those pictures on the BB don't do justice to the shoe. Here is a actual photo of mine. I have only worn them once, but I really like them. FYI, they are unlined.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc