Do you even Walnut, bro?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 253post #3782 of 193344/20/16 at 6:44amQuote:Originally Posted by MattRiv
They will lighten up over time as any burnish would. I touched them up just a tad after I bought them because one shoe was burnished slightly more than the other, but they look fine now. I think if you make a point to limit the amount of product you get on the burnished seams, that should limit the lightening effect.
Trust me, once you feel the leather on these things, you will be hooked on the Indy line. Other posters will attest, they are at least 2x as nice as the calf shoes in all aspects. Also, plenty of people here have the Rutledge and love them, possibly they can chime in on the burnishing question.
Thanks. That is good to know. Never owned a burnished pair before. If you don't sell them before my Larchmonts come in, I will keep you posted on how the last works for my feet in 11D. I will be out of town for a few days but they should come in when I get back on Saturday.post #3783 of 193344/20/16 at 6:47ampost #3784 of 193344/20/16 at 6:48ampost #3785 of 193344/20/16 at 6:49ampost #3786 of 193344/20/16 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by BG 7
Thanks. That is good to know. Never owned a burnished pair before. If you don't sell them before my Larchmonts come in, I will keep you posted on how the last works for my feet in 11D. I will be out of town for a few days but they should come in when I get back on Saturday.
Sounds good. I'm in no rush to sell them and would prefer that they go to someone I know (IRL or SF) instead of dealing with ebay.post #3787 of 193344/20/16 at 6:56am
The recent post about mistakes in Ebay ads inspired me to create several helpful posts about what not to do in Ebay photos when its time to seel your shoes. Today's starter is entitled "Get a little closer to the shoes." This seller provided 4 crack job photos in poor light and at a great distance. The fact that 3 were out of focus added something to the ad, as did the fact that this one was posted sideways. I wish I had the original rather than this thumbnail, but it really would not have helped.post #3788 of 193344/20/16 at 7:00ampost #3789 of 193344/20/16 at 7:05ampost #3790 of 193344/20/16 at 7:08ampost #3791 of 193344/20/16 at 7:09amQuote:Wait, deep discounts not listed on shoebank? Help a brother out! Where do I get the details?Originally Posted by PbgGuy
Well, you guys have gone and done it again. Black Randolphs on the way.
Been trying to shut the AE spigot off, but saw the recent chatter about deep discounts not listed on the shoebank site and, well, you know the routine.
Going to have to explain to my wife that some "filthy barn weasels" are to blame. I'm sure she'll be understanding.post #3792 of 193344/20/16 at 7:10amQuote:
Look on ebay for belts. You can get them for for less than half price than retail with not much wear. I just picked up a chili belt brand new for <$40 shipped.
As for the Bartlett, obviously the Indy line is king, but I think I prefer the luster of the standard calf for walnut.post #3793 of 193344/20/16 at 7:12ampost #3794 of 193344/20/16 at 7:18ampost #3795 of 193344/20/16 at 7:36amQuote:
I've got two pair coming back from recrafing and another pair (hopefully) as replacement for my defective McGregors. I figure the McCallisters I bought yesterday will come in under the radar...
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Watch Geordie Shore Season 14 Episode 1 Online S14E01 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 8 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 11 minutes ago
- › BUTTON SETS! SHIRT STUDS! Holland & Sherry, Benson & Clegg, Gold... 12 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...