or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 252

post #3766 of 17814

Well, you guys have gone and done it again. Black Randolphs on the way. 

 

Been trying to shut the AE spigot off, but saw the recent chatter about deep discounts not listed on the shoebank site and, well, you know the routine.

 

Going to have to explain to my wife that some "filthy barn weasels" are to blame. I'm sure she'll be understanding. 

post #3767 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG 7 View Post


That's too bad. They look nice. I noticed they are on the 333 last. What has been your experience with that last compared to what other lasts you wear since it is running small and wide? I have a pair on the same last on the way, took a chance on them, and interested in what to expect.

My problem was that I bought the wrong size, thinking I was an 11D.  The 333 has an elongated toe box and a bit wider "pocket" than the 65.  I think I'll have to sell them and wait until I can find another Rutledge in my true size (12B)

post #3768 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post
 

I'm hoping someone can answer:

 

How does the 108 last compare with the 65 in terms of sizing?  Do most go with the same size for both?

I have to size back a 1/2 size for the 108, otherwise the toe box just feels too flimsy for me.

post #3769 of 17814
Walnut Wednesday anyone? These are in need of some TLC, though.



post #3770 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeble View Post

I have the terra Dallas Le marche, will post a pic of it in khakis today after I get to the office



post #3771 of 17814
How have none of you filthy barnweasels ever posted anything Walnut?? Joking aside, I'm glad I made the Walnut plunge. The only downside (upside) is that I want at least 3 more pairs in this shade. Happy Walnut Wednesday everyone. (McAllisters)
post #3772 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

How have none of you filthy barnweasels ever posted anything Walnut?? Joking aside, I'm glad I made the Walnut plunge. The only downside (upside) is that I want at least 3 more pairs in this shade. Happy Walnut Wednesday everyone. (McAllisters)

Atta boy! Those look awesome!

Strands for me today.

post #3773 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

How have none of you filthy barnweasels ever posted anything Walnut?? Joking aside, I'm glad I made the Walnut plunge. The only downside (upside) is that I want at least 3 more pairs in this shade. Happy Walnut Wednesday everyone. (McAllisters)

Hey now!

The Barnweasel by-laws enacted at the 2015 convention clearly state that natural shell cordovan, tan Dublin leather, and other similar hues will, in fact, qualify as "walnut" when worn in the context of "Walnut Wednesdays."

Edit: my whiskers detect the possibility of sarcasm in your post. If so, I apologize for poaching your stash of eggs and oats.
post #3774 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

My problem was that I bought the wrong size, thinking I was an 11D.  The 333 has an elongated toe box and a bit wider "pocket" than the 65.  I think I'll have to sell them and wait until I can find another Rutledge in my true size (12B)

I actually ordered the 333 Larchmont in an 11 D myself, so if it ends up working out, I will consider buying the Rutledge from you. I wasn't sure about the burnished walnut look at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

post #3775 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Walnut Wednesday anyone? These are in need of some TLC, though.



 

...and I suppose you'll be snagging some green shells from a European manufacturer not-to-be-named-on-this-thread to match your Starbucks days? :cheers:

post #3776 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

My Park Aves in 9D fit well except they are tight in this area:



I am a D width on the Brannock but I'm guessing the Brannock doesn't factor in that specific area of the foot. I've tried E width but then it's too loose in the heel. Am I doomed to a tight fit in that area on the 65?

I would take them into an AE store and talk to an SA about potentially getting some stretch action.

post #3777 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG 7 View Post
 

I actually ordered the 333 Larchmont in an 11 D myself, so if it ends up working out, I will consider buying the Rutledge from you. I wasn't sure about the burnished walnut look at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

Sweet!  Let me know!  I've only worn them about 10 times.  If you don't care for the burnishing, it comes off super easy.  I had planned to really lighten them up, but figured if they weren't going to fit, I would let whomever bought them from me decide for themselves what they wanted to do.  If you didn't know, they are Independence line shoes, so the leather is insane and the soles wear like iron.  I'm so distraught that they won't work for me, they are my favorite pair of shoes.

post #3778 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

Sweet!  Let me know!  I've only worn them about 10 times.  If you don't care for the burnishing, it comes off super easy.  I had planned to really lighten them up, but figured if they were going to fit, I would let whoever bought them from me decide for themselves what they wanted to do.  If you didn't know, they are Independence line shoes, so the leather is insane and the soles wear like iron.  I'm so distraught that they won't work for me, they are my favorite pair of shoes.

I have read some about the Independence line and they sound top notch. That sucks they don't work for you. Is it hard to keep the burnished look while giving these a polish? Something I didn't think of until you mentioned that it comes off super easy.

post #3779 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Hey now!

The Barnweasel by-laws enacted at the 2015 convention clearly state that natural shell cordovan, tan Dublin leather, and other similar hues will, in fact, qualify as "walnut" when worn in the context of "Walnut Wednesdays."

Edit: my whiskers detect the possibility of sarcasm in your post. If so, I apologize for poaching your stash of eggs and oats.
Ha I should have toned up the sarcasm in my post. What I meant for it to come across as is no one has ever in the history of this thread posted walnut, not just today. The timing of your post prior to mine was my joke killer smile.gif
post #3780 of 17814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG 7 View Post
 

I have read some about the Independence line and they sound top notch. That sucks they don't work for you. Is it hard to keep the burnished look while giving these a polish? Something I didn't think of until you mentioned that it comes off super easy.

They will lighten up over time as any burnish would.  I touched them up just a tad after I bought them because one shoe was burnished slightly more than the other, but they look fine now.  I think if you make a point to limit the amount of product you get on the burnished seams, that should limit the lightening effect.  

 

Trust me, once you feel the leather on these things, you will be hooked on the Indy line.  Other posters will attest, they are at least 2x as nice as the calf shoes in all aspects.  Also, plenty of people here have the Rutledge and love them, possibly they can chime in on the burnishing question.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc