or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 249

post #3721 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG 7 View Post


That's too bad. They look nice. I noticed they are on the 333 last. What has been your experience with that last compared to what other lasts you wear since it is running small and wide? I have a pair on the same last on the way, took a chance on them, and interested in what to expect.

 The 333 last has a higher instep and is wider across the ball of the foot compared to the 65. It has less room over the top of the ball of the foot than the 201 (which has quite a bit of volume up front), but still plenty. If you're like me and the 65 last has the most tension over your instep, the 333 should fit better.

post #3722 of 17586
@aero25 Embrace the tassels...😊. Wearing black Jermyns, also have burgundy Grayson and burgundy shell Adams - all good.

Yup, like I said I actually bought and returned the la Marche - very nice shoes I just didn't expect them to look like that. If you're ok with the look and fit of the Lexington you should be good. Added bonus was I recall it having some version of a minilug sole, which was better than danite.
post #3723 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

No. Those are calfskin.

 

-Mike

I agree. According to the AE documents I have the Norwich was only released in calf.

 

post #3724 of 17586

I also agree that the shoes in that ebay listing are calf, but Norwiches are available right now in shell: 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/dress-shoes/norwich-cordovan-monk-straps/SF2022.html

post #3725 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
 

I also agree that the shoes in that ebay listing are calf, but Norwiches are available right now in shell: 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/dress-shoes/norwich-cordovan-monk-straps/SF2022.html


I've also seen a custom pair in black shell.

post #3726 of 17586
My Park Aves in 9D fit well except they are tight in this area:



I am a D width on the Brannock but I'm guessing the Brannock doesn't factor in that specific area of the foot. I've tried E width but then it's too loose in the heel. Am I doomed to a tight fit in that area on the 65?
post #3727 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

My Park Aves in 9D fit well except they are tight in this area:



I am a D width on the Brannock but I'm guessing the Brannock doesn't factor in that specific area of the foot. I've tried E width but then it's too loose in the heel. Am I doomed to a tight fit in that area on the 65?

 

When you tried the E, did you also go down half a size in length? Maybe your toes would still fit but you'd solve the heel problem. 

post #3728 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post

When you tried the E, did you also go down half a size in length? Maybe your toes would still fit but you'd solve the heel problem. 

Yes I did try the 8.5 E and the heel was still too loose...
post #3729 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post


Yes I did try the 8.5 E and the heel was still too loose...

 

It seems like that last just doesn't work for you. Maybe try a Hopkinson for a very similar cap-toe style on a different last (but an extra $100, unless you can find a deal). 

post #3730 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post

It seems like that last just doesn't work for you. Maybe try a Hopkinson for a very similar cap-toe style on a different last (but an extra $100, unless you can find a deal). 

Ive only worn them about 7-10 times. Is this an area that may yet loosen up?
post #3731 of 17586

I'm traveling on business and spent a bit of time in the Allen Edmonds store near Cleveland (Chagrin/Woodmere).  It is a very small store, but the SA there was really terrific and very knowledgeable.  Didn't see anything I can't live without for the moment, but learned a couple things and really enjoyed talking to him.  Highly recommended!

post #3732 of 17586
@FaRKle That description was spot on, excellent job.
post #3733 of 17586

some  chocolatey brown cordovan goodness. Really happy with the color/patina on these..

 

post #3734 of 17586

Looking great in your Brown Shell Strands. I like the color variation on them.

post #3735 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post

some  chocolatey brown cordovan goodness. Really happy with the color/patina on these..



Truffle Tuesday ( ok, that's a bit of a reach).

Truffle a/k/a Capacino McGraws.

By the way, they'll waive the restock fee if you pay the return shipping yourself. However, that's usually more than $10 so, player's choice.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc