Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 239post #3571 of 193344/17/16 at 11:33amWanted to mention - if anyone is looking for a casual loafer/slip on but not a driver, I recently picked up the older Sanibel on the 800 last and I have to say I was pretty impressed. The 800 works a lot better for me than the 114 or 555, plus the price is crazy low right now. Another possibility if you just can't get the Cavanaugh to work out.post #3572 of 193344/17/16 at 12:05pmpost #3573 of 193344/17/16 at 12:45pmpost #3574 of 193344/17/16 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@peppercorn78 Some really good info - appreciate it. Interesting...you know I thought the Neumora was absolutely killer but I couldn't see myself as a monk guy when it was around - mistake, shouldn't have passed on that. I did try two versions of the Kenilworth - normal and smu with double oak sole. The 3 eye thing had me a little concerned they would bow but they weren't bad, main thing was they seemed like a PA but as a blucher, like too plain-ish.
I'm very familiar with the 108😉. The 108 & 222 sort of go hand in hand, and unfortunately I'm one of the few people who love everything about the 222. 4 times out of 5 the 108 just isn't quite right, like there's just too much volume. Mora was like that. The Vernon looks really nice - I'll have to try that if I can get my hands on one. Yeah, the Bradley is definitely excellent but with my wardrobe it just wouldn't get enough use. Thanks for the suggestions - ttyl.
Yeah, I found the 108 problematic too. Too narrow in the toe and high in the instep for me. I know this is here say in the AE thread but:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)if you have access to a retailer, I would recommend Alden, Loake, Crockett abd Jones, or Carmina for a proper dress Oxford. It's ok to explore other brands! And there are Americsn retailers who can help you out with these brands. Each of these brands has a variety of last's that are more elegant and universally fitting than the 65 last.
Best of luck!post #3575 of 193344/17/16 at 2:08pmpost #3576 of 193344/17/16 at 2:49pmQuote:
I agree; I seem to recall seeing in an older catalog that AE used to use both 270 and 360 welts. Shame that they stopped; I assume for efficiency of process and ease of training new staff.post #3577 of 193344/17/16 at 2:56pmQuote:
Historically, it's always been 360 with no shank. That was one of their original selling points: lighter, more flexible shoes without metal shanks.
In the 90s, there was a very short-lived line called the executive collection, or something similar, that used a 270 welt with a plastic shank. I think they couldn't reach good efficiencies and sales, and they were discontinued quickly. @hohneokc was sporting a pair the other day...post #3578 of 193344/18/16 at 6:22ampost #3579 of 193344/18/16 at 6:47am
So I just received my Warwicks for BB in Dark Chili and while I am a big fan of the color and how these look I'm trying to decide if I should return these to the bank. The buckle on one of the shoes is significantly discolored relative to the other and the leather seems to have 2 dark stain spots (maybe glue?) as shown in the attached pictures. What do you guys think?post #3580 of 193344/18/16 at 6:49ampost #3581 of 193344/18/16 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by M2511
So I just received my Warwicks for BB in Dark Chili and while I am a big fan of the color and how these look I'm trying to decide if I should return these to the bank. The buckle on one of the shoes is significantly discolored relative to the other and the leather seems to have 2 dark stain spots (maybe glue?) as shown in the attached pictures. What do you guys think?
The small glue stain or discoloration wouldn't bother me that much. The buckle, however, would be a deal breaker for me. I'd send them back or see how difficult it would be to get the buckle replaced.post #3582 of 193344/18/16 at 8:39ampost #3583 of 193344/18/16 at 8:41ampost #3584 of 193344/18/16 at 8:53ampost #3585 of 193344/18/16 at 8:59amQuote:
I second this question. I think the Boone looks like a fun casual shoe but don't know much about it and live much too far from a store to check it out in person.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Weight Loss/Weight training advise 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 8 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 8 minutes ago
- › B+M Alden Color 8 Shell Cordovan Plaza Last Straight Tip Boots Size 9C 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...