or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 234

post #3496 of 17779
I always undo the top buckle and leave the bottom one.

That shirt is kicking some serious ass, BTDubs...
post #3497 of 17779
Yes I am a hillbilly and I took this picture in my garage before leaving for guys night out (cards).... holy shit I think I love my new shoes for casual wear.
post #3498 of 17779
What do you think the chances are of getting them to make me a burgundy shell Strand? They offer burgundy in other models. And how much is the usual markup for custom?
post #3499 of 17779
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 


Shell  

 

 

 

Mmmmm   Shell.  

 

I love this GMTO.

post #3500 of 17779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Insano View Post

Yes I am a hillbilly and I took this picture in my garage before leaving for guys night out (cards).... holy shit I think I love my new shoes for casual wear. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

They look perfect with that kind of jeans and t-shirt fit. Still totally relaxed and casual, but showing just that bit more consideration. They almost look like workboots from that front shot.

post #3501 of 17779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes4play View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Mmmmm   Shell.  

I love this GMTO.
I was seconds away from getting in on it. And about four others. Regret them all.
post #3502 of 17779
I got two compliments on these shoes already. Thanks, I have some pants that are more slim but just hanging out tonight so totally relaxed casual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post

They look perfect with that kind of jeans and t-shirt fit. Still totally relaxed and casual, but showing just that bit more consideration. They almost look like workboots from that front shot.
post #3503 of 17779

I don't think it's any secret that I'm a big fan of the Shaker Heights.

 

 

 

I even really like the Brooks Brothers tartan ones.  That said, I got my 3 pairs each for pretty good deals, and if AE prices keep climbing I might have to abandon any new AE purchases all together in the future (the horror, I know).

post #3504 of 17779
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

I don't think it's any secret that I'm a big fan of the Shaker Heights.





I even really like the Brooks Brothers tartan ones.  That said, I got my 3 pairs each for pretty good deals, and if AE prices keep climbing I might have to abandon any new AE purchases all together in the future (the horror, I know).

Those look great. An oxblood color with the tweed or herringbone would be awesome.
post #3505 of 17779
I have a sneaking suspicion that the Shoebank might join in on the anniversary sale next week. (I don't have any information, it's just a hunch.)
Anybody else thinking the same?
post #3506 of 17779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy View Post


Some good info in this one so far. He's mentioned an upcoming Chelsea boot on the 1943 last, the "Liverpool" in black calf, walnut calf, and chocolate suede. Sounds like a real winner to me.
Nice catch @ barto78. Was wondering if the Horweens were bringing their trunck sale to NYC! Asked and answered! Still, wish Paul would increase his firm's risk profile and acquire some Cigar or Cognac/Ravello. Or are we really just too too picky!
post #3507 of 17779
Rush Street today - I really like them them, but wish this particular 5-last didn't fit so narrow... My other four 5-last shoes fit and wear really well, but these don't work for a day that involves any moderately significant walking.
post #3508 of 17779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle View Post

Nice catch @ barto78. Was wondering if the Horweens were bringing their trunck sale to NYC! Asked and answered! Still, wish Paul would increase his firm's risk profile and acquire some Cigar or Cognac/Ravello. Or are we really just too too picky!

This is not too picky. Cigar or Ravello would elevate them to a different level. But they'd have to be prepared to stay there.
post #3509 of 17779
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Rush Street today - I really like them them, but wish this particular 5-last didn't fit so narrow... My other four 5-last shoes fit and wear really well, but these don't work for a day that involves any moderately significant walking.

I just took the same model off after 16 hours. My absolute favorite shoe.
post #3510 of 17779
I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this, but do AE sales people make commissions? If so I'm happy to shop in store and help get those guys/gals paid. Otherwise I'll just order online in the future.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc