Love the MacNeil, I might wear mine tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 233post #3481 of 153514/15/16 at 3:37pmpost #3482 of 153514/15/16 at 3:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Captain Insano
On 65 last I think 9.5E or 10D are best for me. The shannon drive on 201 last are 10D, but I am thinking now I could wear a 9.5D on the 201, it feels a little long but SUPER comfortable. The spongy sole I think is helping with comfort to a little bit, but I think it has more to do with the last. Maybe these shoes just fit me right and on the 65 last fitment for me is a tiny bit short in 9.5E and a tiny bit narrow in 10D.
For the sale price, I just pulled the trigger in the same size as I am in 65 Last (8.5D). The color is so hard to judge on the laptop screen, so we'll see how they look when they arrive. If they are close to what I expect they might fit the bill for a semi-casual shoe I'm looking forpost #3483 of 153514/15/16 at 3:47pmpost #3484 of 153514/15/16 at 3:52pmQuote:
^What middlepP said!
I've been lusting over Chili Shaker Heights for a while now. Have had to make do with my black ones so far. Cordovan Leeds sound quite tempting too, although I think I'd prefer them with a v-tread sole.post #3485 of 153514/15/16 at 3:52pmQuote:
Thats seems high to me. Maybe the shoe is just hard to judge from images. I do love the herringbone design however.post #3486 of 153514/15/16 at 3:56pmQuote:
Shakers are priced the same as other dress boots like Daltons. I imagine we'll get another round of price increases for the fall across the board, so I was guesstimating.post #3487 of 153514/15/16 at 4:15pmGood luck with fitment.
I was looking at these on the seconds site, but got these on ebay new from Steve's shoes for $100 shipped! These are definitely seconds with a tiny stain on the top right upper, but you can't see it from eye level. I am very be happy so far.Quote:Originally Posted by tmchow
For the sale price, I just pulled the trigger in the same size as I am in 65 Last (8.5D). The color is so hard to judge on the laptop screen, so we'll see how they look when they arrive. If they are close to what I expect they might fit the bill for a semi-casual shoe I'm looking forpost #3488 of 153514/15/16 at 4:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Captain Insano
My olive shannon drive arrived a day early. Very interesting color. Almost more of a brown/grayou. I like it. And WOW, it is comfortable first second it was put on. It might already be my most comfortable AE shoes. Maybe partially to do with the sole.
EDIT: I just noticed this shoe uses the 201 last and most of my others are 65 last. I am guessing my foot likes this last alot more. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ok, I misread your last post, and thought your previous picture was of the Shannon Drives, and I was wondering why they had no toe medallion. These are cool, a nice sneaker alternative. They look really comfortable too. I was somewhat tempted by them but got my Cronmoks instead.post #3489 of 153514/15/16 at 4:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@RichiePI'm honored to have earned that title 😉
My current lineup: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Knightsbridge blackShelton tan Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Concord Ave tan
Wilbert gold cxl
Big Sur tan suede
Larchmont chocolate suede mto
Duke football grain
Rush St green
Lucca black calf
Lucca black suede
Interstate 80 black
Grand Cayman black
Overlord brownNormandy brown...and that's only AE 😁
San Marco brown
Adams burgundy shell
Black Hills walnut
Player Shoe walnut
LOL, you are one sick puppy! I remember our discussion about how poorly the burgundy/black Sheltons seemed to age on EBay. But I did notice how much better the used walnut ones held up. That's why I was surprised to see you had some walnut Sheltons. How'd you find them?
I passed this time because another thing now concerns me a little: the double oak sole. I stand a lot and my McT's are definitely less comfortable by the end of the day than everything else. Still love the look though.
I still wonder where the recent seconds are coming from. Maybe the Shelton 2.0 mentioned during Paul's previous AMA, iirc?
Edited by RichieP - 4/15/16 at 4:58pmpost #3490 of 153514/15/16 at 4:19pmI like the cronmok alot. Their appearance kinda does resemble these a little bit now that you mention it.
Which previous post, my Warton or my gray Frye LWB post or a different post?Quote:Originally Posted by Scarlet
Ok, I misread your last post, and thought your previous picture was of the Shannon Drives, and I was wondering why they had no toe medallion. These are cool, a nice sneaker alternative. They look really comfortable too. I was somewhat tempted by them but got my Cronmoks instead.post #3491 of 153514/15/16 at 4:21pmQuote:
Dude how many shoes have you bought this month?post #3492 of 153514/15/16 at 4:23pmpost #3493 of 153514/15/16 at 4:26pmQuote:
For some reason, Cronmoks always make me think of this guy:
Not enough! He needs moar!!!post #3494 of 153514/15/16 at 4:34pmQuote:
I really hate to take the thread in this direction, but why not: how high is the shaft (of this boot)? I guess I just don't like things touching my ankle so I really didn't take to the Dalton or Long Branch. I just measured mine (the Bleecker Street chukka, that is) and it's 5 5/8" from bottom of the heel to the top of the shaft. I'm happy with it.
OK, how many double entendres was that?post #3495 of 153514/15/16 at 4:44pm
Four shots of bourbon today. Wore my Larchmonts and Manistee to work, and came home to a pair of Mora 2.0s and a Walters Street belt from Mebane Shoe Bank on my front porch.
Trying the Moras on now. They look ok, only very faint striping, and a dent on the left strap. Right heel creaks though, and there's some uncomfortable pressure on my left lateral toes. That's been a general problem spot for me lately, which is really freaking stupid because my left foot is slightly smaller overall than my right. Same problem I have in my Dundee 2.0s.
Question: are you supposed to slip monks on and off, or are you supposed to undo the buckles every time?
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 23 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 31 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 35 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 42 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 45 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 48 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 51 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...