or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 232

post #3466 of 17813
On the oxblood strands it would just depend on if you can live with them and how good the deal was. I love mine.
post #3467 of 17813
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


Congrats! Those look fantastic. Damn, now I want a pair. I thought the same as you; those needed a lug sole from the get go. Authenticity is fine, but since they had a lug heel already it was just crazy to make them not work as a bad weather boot. Curious how the kudu will hold up.

Thanks @naspratt! I'll be sure to report back in a few months (i.e. after a handful of wears). This has been the most comfortable first wear of any pair of AEs - even more so than my LBs.

post #3468 of 17813
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

OK - So Paul says he's open to a group order for a Leeds in brown shell.  Anyone in?  Medium transparent edge dressing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


Hmmm.. Well if they're doing a Leeds perhaps the can be cajoled into a brown shell Dundee?

Barnweasel Daily Telegraph. Paul says to look for the brown cordovan leeds with transparent edge as a webgem this fall.

Also confirms SHAKER HEIGHTS will be making a comeback. Yahoo!
post #3469 of 17813
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post



Barnweasel Daily Telegraph. Paul says to look for the brown cordovan leeds with transparent edge as a webgem this fall.

Also confirms SHAKER HEIGHTS will be making a comeback. Yahoo!

Yes and yes! (Saw a few of you representing this thread.)

post #3470 of 17813
For those of if you with neumoks,

Do you get full closure on the lacing? I got the same size as my McAllisters, the McAllisters are about a finger width apart out of the box. The neumoks are a very wide V. Does going up a width address lace closure? My size is 9E, so I'd have to go to a 9EEE in the neumok
post #3471 of 17813
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Yes and yes! (Saw a few of you representing this thread.)

smile.gif
post #3472 of 17813
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Barnweasel Daily Telegraph. Paul says to look for the brown cordovan leeds with transparent edge as a webgem this fall.

Also confirms SHAKER HEIGHTS will be making a comeback. Yahoo!

Damn. Just when I think I'm ready to make the jump, he pulls me back in. Shell web gems could be dangerous for my wallet. And I've been wanting a chili Shaker since it got discontinued.
post #3473 of 17813
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Damn. Just when I think I'm ready to make the jump, he pulls me back in. Shell web gems could be dangerous for my wallet. And I've been wanting a chili Shaker since it got discontinued.

What do shaker heights run? I would love to have a pair.
post #3474 of 17813
My olive shannon drive arrived a day early. Very interesting color. Almost more of a brown/grayou. I like it. And WOW, it is comfortable first second it was put on. It might already be my most comfortable AE shoes. Maybe partially to do with the sole.

EDIT: I just noticed this shoe uses the 201 last and most of my others are 65 last. I am guessing my foot likes this last alot more.


post #3475 of 17813
I have owned two pairs of Neumok (sold one) and mine were similar with a v lacing that got much wider toward top. They do that more than my other AEs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC2 View Post

For those of if you with neumoks,

Do you get full closure on the lacing? I got the same size as my McAllisters, the McAllisters are about a finger width apart out of the box. The neumoks are a very wide V. Does going up a width address lace closure? My size is 9E, so I'd have to go to a 9EEE in the neumok
post #3476 of 17813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Insano View Post

My olive shannon drive arrived a day early. Very interesting color. Almost more of a brown/grayou. I like it. And WOW, it is comfortable first second it was put on. It might already be my most comfortable AE shoes. Maybe partially to do with the sole.

EDIT: I just noticed this shoe uses the 201 last and most of my others are 65 last. I am guessing my foot likes this last alot more.


 

Wow those look great!  Might pull the trigger on those.

 

I've never tried on a 201 last before (and it's not even described on their site). What size are you in 65 last?

post #3477 of 17813
Hi, my name is Rich, I like golf and ice cream, and I'm addicted to shoes. Say hello to the two newest members of the family, Grayson and MacNeil 2.0. Both joining in brown as I may be addicted to oxblood too and need an intervention.

Edited by SLCRich - 4/15/16 at 3:45pm
post #3478 of 17813
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

Hi, my name is Rich, I like golf and ice cream, and I'm addicted to shoes. Say hello to the two newest members of the family, Grayson and MacNeil. Both joining in brown as I may be addicted to oxblood too and need an intervention.

which shoe are you wearing?

post #3479 of 17813
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmchow View Post

which shoe are you wearing?
McGregor in oxblood. Steal at the price the shoebank is offering
post #3480 of 17813
On 65 last I think 9.5E or 10D are best for me. The shannon drive on 201 last are 10D, but I am thinking now I could wear a 9.5D on the 201, it feels a little long but SUPER comfortable. The spongy sole I think is helping with comfort to a little bit, but I think it has more to do with the last. Maybe these shoes just fit me right and on the 65 last fitment for me is a tiny bit short in 9.5E and a tiny bit narrow in 10D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmchow View Post

Wow those look great!  Might pull the trigger on those.

I've never tried on a 201 last before (and it's not even described on their site). What size are you in 65 last?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc