Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 6:27 am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 232post #3466 of 178134/15/16 at 12:00pmpost #3467 of 178134/15/16 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by naspratt
Congrats! Those look fantastic. Damn, now I want a pair. I thought the same as you; those needed a lug sole from the get go. Authenticity is fine, but since they had a lug heel already it was just crazy to make them not work as a bad weather boot. Curious how the kudu will hold up.
Thanks @naspratt! I'll be sure to report back in a few months (i.e. after a handful of wears). This has been the most comfortable first wear of any pair of AEs - even more so than my LBs.post #3468 of 178134/15/16 at 1:52pmQuote:Quote:
Barnweasel Daily Telegraph. Paul says to look for the brown cordovan leeds with transparent edge as a webgem this fall.
Also confirms SHAKER HEIGHTS will be making a comeback. Yahoo!post #3469 of 178134/15/16 at 1:55pmpost #3470 of 178134/15/16 at 1:55pmFor those of if you with neumoks,
Do you get full closure on the lacing? I got the same size as my McAllisters, the McAllisters are about a finger width apart out of the box. The neumoks are a very wide V. Does going up a width address lace closure? My size is 9E, so I'd have to go to a 9EEE in the neumokpost #3471 of 178134/15/16 at 1:57pmpost #3472 of 178134/15/16 at 1:58pmQuote:
Damn. Just when I think I'm ready to make the jump, he pulls me back in. Shell web gems could be dangerous for my wallet. And I've been wanting a chili Shaker since it got discontinued.post #3473 of 178134/15/16 at 2:25pmpost #3474 of 178134/15/16 at 3:03pmMy olive shannon drive arrived a day early. Very interesting color. Almost more of a brown/grayou. I like it. And WOW, it is comfortable first second it was put on. It might already be my most comfortable AE shoes. Maybe partially to do with the sole.
EDIT: I just noticed this shoe uses the 201 last and most of my others are 65 last. I am guessing my foot likes this last alot more.post #3475 of 178134/15/16 at 3:08pmI have owned two pairs of Neumok (sold one) and mine were similar with a v lacing that got much wider toward top. They do that more than my other AEs.Quote:Originally Posted by JLC2
For those of if you with neumoks,
Do you get full closure on the lacing? I got the same size as my McAllisters, the McAllisters are about a finger width apart out of the box. The neumoks are a very wide V. Does going up a width address lace closure? My size is 9E, so I'd have to go to a 9EEE in the neumokpost #3476 of 178134/15/16 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Captain Insano
My olive shannon drive arrived a day early. Very interesting color. Almost more of a brown/grayou. I like it. And WOW, it is comfortable first second it was put on. It might already be my most comfortable AE shoes. Maybe partially to do with the sole.
EDIT: I just noticed this shoe uses the 201 last and most of my others are 65 last. I am guessing my foot likes this last alot more.
Wow those look great! Might pull the trigger on those.
I've never tried on a 201 last before (and it's not even described on their site). What size are you in 65 last?post #3477 of 178134/15/16 at 3:17pmpost #3478 of 178134/15/16 at 3:25pmQuote:
which shoe are you wearing?post #3479 of 178134/15/16 at 3:28pmpost #3480 of 178134/15/16 at 3:35pmOn 65 last I think 9.5E or 10D are best for me. The shannon drive on 201 last are 10D, but I am thinking now I could wear a 9.5D on the 201, it feels a little long but SUPER comfortable. The spongy sole I think is helping with comfort to a little bit, but I think it has more to do with the last. Maybe these shoes just fit me right and on the 65 last fitment for me is a tiny bit short in 9.5E and a tiny bit narrow in 10D.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...