Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:33 am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 226post #3376 of 153154/14/16 at 3:04pm@harlequin782 So I checked my closet and you're absolutely right, the rush had a regular welt. I remember when I got it and the neumok - with the neumok being unlined I just wear it way more often since it is one of the rare 65s that actually works really well for me. Rush at is more like normal - pressure at the top, vgap, etc. You know how you know you're in trouble? When you wear dress shoes 5-6 days a week and you wear casual styles so infrequently you don't even remember what they look like. Would you believe I recently saw that I had a Shelton and I literally didn't even know I owned that?post #3377 of 153154/14/16 at 3:07pmpost #3378 of 153154/14/16 at 3:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
I have some new shell shoes coming tomorrow and I am wondering what break-in advice experienced shell wearers can offer? I know to wear them on carpet only to test the fit, but at some point they have to get out in the world. Should they be worn straight out of the box or should they prepped in some way? My other shell shoes were already broken in when I bought them, so this will be a new experience for me.
Negative. Post pictures here first. Then brush and go.
(That's what I did with my strands)post #3379 of 153154/14/16 at 3:46pmQuote:
Those. Are. Farking. Awesome!
How are these $249?
Yeah but if he makes his girlfriend mad enough, that may be the only body part that is.post #3380 of 153154/14/16 at 3:52pmQuote:
You filthy barnweasel! When did you do that? Thought you were still undecided.
I saw a walnut pair pop up on the bank in my size last week. Was soooo tempted. Thankfully, someone snagged them this week.
I wonder where they're coming from.post #3381 of 153154/14/16 at 4:19pmpost #3382 of 153154/14/16 at 4:19pmParkway today. I don't see these get a lot of play here. These are the most comfortable AE shoes I own but as you can see by where they crease, these are probably a little too long and maybe a little too wide. TTS I'm 8E and wear that on most lasts except 7.5EE on the 65. These are 7.5E. Does the crease location look silly?post #3383 of 153154/14/16 at 4:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@harlequin782 So I checked my closet and you're absolutely right, the rush had a regular welt. I remember when I got it and the neumok - with the neumok being unlined I just wear it way more often since it is one of the rare 65s that actually works really well for me. Rush at is more like normal - pressure at the top, vgap, etc. You know how you know you're in trouble? When you wear dress shoes 5-6 days a week and you wear casual styles so infrequently you don't even remember what they look like. Would you believe I recently saw that I had a Shelton and I literally didn't even know I owned that?
Lol..no worries man..it sounds like you definitely have an embarrassment of riches among us AE faithful. That rush street really is a fine shoe, and I imagine it would look great with a buttondown and a sportcoat. But even with my meager 9 shoe lineup that I currently have, I already rarely wear my AE's because when I do, I consistantly feel overdressed compared to all around me...albeit in a good way, of course...so thats why I just wanted something with a more firmly casual identity that can be dressed down as much as possible, without looking like the Voyager.
But yeah, the shelton is that saddle style right?...always liked that shoe. You should consider yourself lucky that you have that gem in your arsenal.post #3384 of 153154/14/16 at 5:13pmI decided to take a pic of my regular shoe rotation (the other members doing so inspired me - these are my favorite pics in the thread because you see various styles/colors side by side - very helpful). Not all AE, but AE is most numerous with another on the way. I wish I had as many AE as some of the other posters, but seeing these all in one pic makes me appreciate my stable.
Red Wing Iron Ranger Copper Rough &Tough
Red Wing Classic Round Hawthorne Muleskinner
AE Winfield Burgundy
AE Warton Brown
Vintage Dexter LWB Cognac
AE McTavish Khaki
Frye LWB Gray
AE Neumok Blue
Doc Marten Ripley Burgundy
Red Wing Brogue Ranger Black Chaparral
AE Shannon Drive Olive (not pictured, enroute)
Yes, I like brogue and wingtip style. Alot.
Here are just the 4 AE before the new Shannon Drive arrive.
Edited by Captain Insano - 4/14/16 at 5:27pmpost #3385 of 153154/14/16 at 5:29pmpost #3386 of 153154/14/16 at 6:01pmQuote:I believe its the un-advertised sale thats going on in the outlets (but not reflected on shoebank). post #2945So tempting.post #3387 of 153154/14/16 at 6:10pmQuote:
She may not like seeing the boxes come in but she secretly loves it when I wear them...they make her want to knock bootspost #3388 of 153154/14/16 at 6:10pm@RichiePI'm honored to have earned that title 😉
My current lineup:
Concord Ave tan
Wilbert gold cxl
Big Sur tan suede
Larchmont chocolate suede mto
Duke football grain
Rush St green
Lucca black calf
Lucca black suede
Interstate 80 black
Grand Cayman black
San Marco brown
Adams burgundy shell
Black Hills walnut
Player Shoe walnut
...and that's only AE 😁post #3389 of 153154/14/16 at 6:11pmQuote:
How do you find the fit on these? Particularly compared to the Dalton (if you own a pair)? I have both the Dalton and the Sauk Dr. in 8D. Even though side by side they are the same length, VISUALLY the Sauk looks longer. FYI the Sauk is on the 201 like the First Ave. I suppose its because of wingtip being shorter (on the Sauk vs the Dalton) and the tip of the boot slightly narrower (even though according to AE its wider) but was wondering what you thought.post #3390 of 153154/14/16 at 6:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by ace13x
How do you find the fit on these? Particularly compared to the Dalton (if you own a pair)? I have both the Dalton and the Sauk Dr. in 8D. Even though side by side they are the same length, VISUALLY the Sauk looks longer. FYI the Sauk is on the 201 like the First Ave. I suppose its because of wingtip being shorter (on the Sauk vs the Dalton) and the tip of the boot slightly narrower, but was wondering what you thought.
Fit wise I find the length and width of the First Ave and Dalton (both 8E) similar enough to not notice any real difference. The Dalton was much less forgiving in the instep area at first. When I put them on and walked around for the first time, I found them tight on the top of my foot and I was ready to send them back. I called to get a return label but after a short conversion with a Dalton lover, I was convinced to give them a chance to break in. I'm glad I did, the area has stretched and they are now quite comfortable. The First Aves fit perfectly for me right out of the box, I find that they fit similarly to the Rogue but with slightly less of a toebox area.
Hope this helps, I'll take a look at the actual lengths tomorrow and do a comparison.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 35 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Steel Grey Corduroy Tweed Walt (34) BNWT 9 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...