or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 213

post #3181 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


See, that's what I get for trying to make a universal statement about shoe sizing. But at least you size down in width. You aren't like @jebarne, flouting the gods' will and sizing up in the 333.

Oh, also, I appreciate my Lexingtons:

Edit: but apparently not enough to polish them properly.

My dad just picked up a factory seconds pair of these for my brothers wedding later this month... his first pair of AEs... thanks to his filthy barnweasel son, of course.

post #3182 of 17586
I was down in Miami for a weekend trip and I ran into a John Lobb store... Lots of good looking shoes but I didn't fall in love with anything. In fact, it made me want to buy a walnut Cornwallis even more! Heck, I can probably buy a Cornwallis in every color and a belt to match for the same cost as a pair of Lobbs

I did pick up some polish!



And my Fastballs did great all weekend!

post #3183 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

Mine arrive Friday. Super excited for these. They look great

Thanks, I am very excited to have them. Great look in person.
post #3184 of 17586

Can i expect my oxblood cavanaughs to loosen up a little at the ball area of my foot?  Ive been walking all day prior to trying these on and it is a "little" tight but my foot are already swollen from walking all day prior to trying these on.  I bet in the morning it would be much more comfortable.

 

I'm experiencing heel slip as well but ive already tried on different sizes... maybe when the soles loosen up it'll be better in regards to heel slip?

post #3185 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkedmoo View Post

I was down in Miami for a weekend trip and I ran into a John Lobb store... Lots of good looking shoes but I didn't fall in love with anything. In fact, it made me want to buy a walnut Cornwallis even more! Heck, I can probably buy a Cornwallis in every color and a belt to match for the same cost as a pair of Lobbs

I did pick up some polish! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


And my Fastballs did great all weekend!


A lot of folks don't agree with the heavily goth fashionista direction that JLP has taken over the past few years, but they still are near the pinnacle of English RTW for basic styles.

Here are some pictures of my Sauntons (semibrogue, like the Strand) from when they were brand new. Check out the contour of the last shape, and how fine the punching and welt stitching is:
warning!! Non-AE content. (Click to show)





I love my casual AEs, but sometimes for a dress shoe, you need something a little more refined. foo.gif
post #3186 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post

That's another last I need a EE in. And the Cornwalis...I went to try those on. I need a Double EE.

 

@#$%@$%@$%@$%@$%@#$

 

I asked AE about getting an EE width on some of the new lasts and they said that since that width was never made for those lasts that they wouldn't do it. They also said there were no plans to make those sizes on the new lasts so you can't get an SMU in that size in the future either.

post #3187 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post

I asked AE about getting an EE width on some of the new lasts and they said that since that width was never made for those lasts that they wouldn't do it. They also said there were no plans to make those sizes on the new lasts so you can't get an SMU in that size in the future either.

It's true that only the legacy lasts like 67, 97, or 511 can be made in EE. Bummer, eh?
post #3188 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

Just bucking all of the oxblood talk with walnut Rutledge.



My favorite AE model! Did you have to de-burnish them? Looking good either way ...
post #3189 of 17586
@HealthActuary Best of luck with the Cavanaugh - the 114 is not a forgiving last. It either fits spot on or you mess with the size to fix one thing and exacerbate something else. Hope they work out.

Also hope you picked up a better mouse by now.
post #3190 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@HealthActuary Best of luck with the Cavanaugh - the 114 is not a forgiving last. It either fits spot on or you mess with the size to fix one thing and exacerbate something else. Hope they work out.

Also hope you picked up a better mouse by now.

LOL you still remember my mouse.... that's hilarious

 

I cant increase the width beyond E because I feel heel slip will be worse.  Length is perfect at 8.

post #3191 of 17586
IMG_20160411_170658_zpswwkbt465.jpg

Another pair Oxblood Strands
post #3192 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-stream View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

Just bucking all of the oxblood talk with walnut Rutledge.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My favorite AE model! Did you have to de-burnish them? Looking good either way ...


That's the way I got them off EBay. If someone de-burnished them it's news to me. However, I really like the, this way and I was never crazy about the burnishing I saw on many others. It just struck me as odd looking.


Edited by smfdoc - 4/12/16 at 8:30pm
post #3193 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkedmoo View Post

I was down in Miami for a weekend trip and I ran into a John Lobb store... Lots of good looking shoes but I didn't fall in love with anything. In fact, it made me want to buy a walnut Cornwallis even more! Heck, I can probably buy a Cornwallis in every color and a belt to match for the same cost as a pair of Lobbs

I did pick up some polish!



And my Fastballs did great all weekend!

Those are so unique and awesome.  

post #3194 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

Gawd I'm so angry that I can't make my 11 Ds work.  If anyone has a lead on a 11.5 or 12 B pair (or want to buy a lightly used pair of 11Ds), hook a brother up.  Speaking of this... do most of you get your 333 lasts in the same size as your 65?

 

No, the equivalent 333 last is too long and wide..  I wear a 13 B in the 65 last, and a 12 B in the 333 last fits me perfectly.  

post #3195 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes4play View Post
 

 

No, the equivalent 333 last is too long and wide..  I wear a 13 B in the 65 last, and a 12 B in the 333 last fits me perfectly.  

Interesting because I wear a 12 B in the 65 and even an 11 D is just too short.  My pinky toe is too cramped.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc