or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 212

post #3166 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

I assume FR is for factory reject? How is this different from the "no warranty" stamp that is often seen on a few ebay sellers?
That's what I am afraid of
post #3167 of 17714
@jebarne
Thanks that is a cool concept for a website. I will check it out.
post #3168 of 17714
The FR stamp isn't very deep, I figure with some strategic sanding and/or gum stain and I can get rid of it.
I am almost certain they are recraftable, but I also know they lose money on recraft jobs so I figure they will reject as many shoes as possible.
post #3169 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post

Speaking of this... do most of you get your 333 lasts in the same size as your 65?
I went down from a 10.5D to a 10D. Only other shoe I have in a 10 are my shell Westchesters, which are 10E and needed tongue pads not to slip. I measure 10D on my right foot and 10.5C on my left foot, so it's hard to know what I should be starting with, but I wear 10.5D in the 201 and 222 as well, with varying degrees of success (and bowing).
post #3170 of 17714

Okay guys, i'm sending the MTO Shell Cordovan Strands back to AE.  Size 10D.  Keep an eye out for them on Shoebank or check the local store in Port Washington, because my guess is that's where they are going to end up landing.

 

They are going to start work on a new pair and will send me photos of them prior to shipping them out to me. 

 

post #3171 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


I went down from a 10.5D to a 10D. Only other shoe I have in a 10 are my shell Westchesters, which are 10E and needed tongue pads not to slip. I measure 10D on my right foot and 10.5C on my left foot, so it's hard to know what I should be starting with, but I wear 10.5D in the 201 and 222 as well, with varying degrees of success (and bowing).


I go UP from 10.5E to 11E.

post #3172 of 17714

Just wanted to start off by saying I am a new member to the forum and look forward to gaining knowledge/insight on AE shoes. I currently have a few as well as some lesser brands.

 

Today I am wearing MacNeil Brown Grain Wingtips w/ Dainite sole.

 

Hoping IMG codes are what this forum uses for images.

 

If anyone knows of any great sales or members selling pairs around a 12d please keep me in mind and I look forward to interacting with everyone.

 

Edit: IMG codes apparently don't work. Will work on attaching.

post #3173 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post


I go UP from 10.5E to 11E.
Get thee behind me, Satan! But this is why all fit advice should be taken with a grain of salt; everyone's feet are different and what works for me may not work for you (except everyone agrees go down half a size in Alden Barrie. Without exception). I'll admit, the 10D is a bit tight on the 333, but the 10.5D is kinda tight on the 65. I am beginning to think I have a high instep and bals don't agree with me, except I do fine with loafers. And have unreasonably tiny heels and ankles, so chukkas wrap around themselves when I lace them. And boots always feel weird walking down stairs because they rub on my calves. It would be a lot easier if I didn't live >2.5 hours from the closest retail establishment.

/end word salad
tl;dr - feets are weird, yo
post #3174 of 17714

post #3175 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

(except everyone agrees go down half a size in Alden Barrie. Without exception). 

/end word salad
tl;dr - feets are weird, yo

 

I disagree. Barrie fits TTS for me. Going down a half size makes the arch support feel short. Interestingly, I wear a EE or EEE in AE lasts and a D on the Barrie.

post #3176 of 17714
That is my size. I will be watching, but probably too much $$ for me even with seconds pricing. :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by barto78 View Post

Okay guys, i'm sending the MTO Shell Cordovan Strands back to AE.  Size 10D.  Keep an eye out for them on Shoebank or check the local store in Port Washington, because my guess is that's where they are going to end up landing.

They are going to start work on a new pair and will send me photos of them prior to shipping them out to me. 


 
post #3177 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post

I disagree. Barrie fits TTS for me. Going down a half size makes the arch support feel short. Interestingly, I wear a EE or EEE in AE lasts and a D on the Barrie.
See, that's what I get for trying to make a universal statement about shoe sizing. But at least you size down in width. You aren't like @jebarne, flouting the gods' will and sizing up in the 333.

Oh, also, I appreciate my Lexingtons:

Edit: but apparently not enough to polish them properly.
post #3178 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


Get thee behind me, Satan! But this is why all fit advice should be taken with a grain of salt; everyone's feet are different and what works for me may not work for you (except everyone agrees go down half a size in Alden Barrie. Without exception). I'll admit, the 10D is a bit tight on the 333, but the 10.5D is kinda tight on the 65. I am beginning to think I have a high instep and bals don't agree with me, except I do fine with loafers. And have unreasonably tiny heels and ankles, so chukkas wrap around themselves when I lace them. And boots always feel weird walking down stairs because they rub on my calves. It would be a lot easier if I didn't live >2.5 hours from the closest retail establishment.

/end word salad
tl;dr - feets are weird, yo


For me its the high arch and high top of foot. The wrong upper just kills me.

 

I have the same problem in the 222. I'm an 11E and would be a double ee if they actually made one. Which, what's up with that any way.

 

I have a pair of practically new westchester loafers I never wear because of where the strap hits. That's another last I need a EE in. And the Cornwalis...I went to try those on. I need a Double EE.

 

@#$%@$%@$%@$%@$%@#$

post #3179 of 17714


Chili grain Bradley today

post #3180 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey14 View Post


Mine arrive Friday. Super excited for these. They look great
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc