or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 207

post #3091 of 17580
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinProfilin View Post

New brown moras. Fit and construction both look great! One issue is the left toe is creasing already. Anyone see an issue with this? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Nope.  It's going to happen at some point anyway. Not much you can do to mitigate, but I usually condition aggressively before wearing and during the first few wears (I use Bick 4, but to each his own).  I think this helps soften the wrinkling, though that may just be wishful thinking.

post #3092 of 17580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-stream View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post

What is it about the Park Avenue that makes the nose of the shoe want to curl up? It doesn't happen with any of my other AE's or other shoes. I've seen it in a lot of pics also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These always have (properly sized) shoe trees in them when not being worn, I trust?

Yes. Absolutely! I've seen the toe curl in others pics also. Just seems to be something consistent with this model. Idk...
post #3093 of 17580
@tkebh979 kind of like richiep I was torn between the Jefferson & Cambridge and ultimately went with the Jefferson, since the price was so far down. The Jefferson is probably one of my favorite shoes - you have to try the independence line to understand. If they had been a little closer in price, not sure what I would have done. The Cambridge has a reddenbach double sole, so it's just a much heavier feeling shoe overall, almost like a mctavish, which I like a lot, plus the burgundy shell color was really nice too. I'd definitely say both are worth it over the regular McAllister.
post #3094 of 17580
Back to AE today... wearing my blue Neumok.
post #3095 of 17580
Dressing up the chili University; love how versatile this shoe is.
post #3096 of 17580
Love my Bradleys!

post #3097 of 17580
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Dressing up the chili University; love how versatile this shoe is.
I've been eyeing them in walnut...
post #3098 of 17580
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Love my Bradleys!

 

I just got an ebay pair of calf Bradleys for $60.  Easily the best looking NST that AE has made.

post #3099 of 17580
@naspratt
Those look damn beautiful.
post #3100 of 17580
Oxblood Monday with very cheap carpet.

post #3101 of 17580
So I'm taking my older brother to a brick and mortar this afternoon. His job is upper end casual/lower end business casual. What models would you suggest? I'm thinking for colors brown/walnut and oxblood/merlot. Those would cover the spectrum of pants I think
post #3102 of 17580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@tkebh979 kind of like richiep I was torn between the Jefferson & Cambridge and ultimately went with the Jefferson, since the price was so far down. The Jefferson is probably one of my favorite shoes - you have to try the independence line to understand. If they had been a little closer in price, not sure what I would have done. The Cambridge has a reddenbach double sole, so it's just a much heavier feeling shoe overall, almost like a mctavish, which I like a lot, plus the burgundy shell color was really nice too. I'd definitely say both are worth it over the regular McAllister.

Understood, and thanks for the information.  At base price, the jumps in price are $100 and $200, correct (McA -> Jeff 2.0 -> Cam)?  From this perspective, moving from McA to Jeff 2.0 (if you like the Jeff 2.0 last) is easier than Jeff 2.0 to Cam.  

 

With the current pricing, the jumps are $200 and $200, or $400 from McA direct to Cam.  Practically a 1 shoe for the price of 2 argument.  Perhaps easier to make when you are at the point of replacing in-rotation shoes with better equivalents... but as I am still rounding out a rotation (by that I don't mean the vast collections that lead to lovely, color-wheelesque shoe circle photos... yet) I'm leaning toward value. 

 

IOW - had AE not dropped the McA price, I probably would have gone for the Jeff 2.0s and eventually upgraded to the Cambridge.  By that logic, I suppose I'm buying a third shoe in the long run, but those other purchases are far in the future :decisions:

post #3103 of 17580
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

So I'm taking my older brother to a brick and mortar this afternoon. His job is upper end casual/lower end business casual. What models would you suggest? I'm thinking for colors brown/walnut and oxblood/merlot. Those would cover the spectrum of pants I think

What color pants does he usually wear?

 

Walnut Strand / McAllister

Dark Chili Park Avenue

post #3104 of 17580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post

What color pants does he usually wear?

Walnut Strand / McAllister
Dark Chili Park Avenue
He's able to wear jeans at this one. But he'll use tan/navy chinos too
post #3105 of 17580
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post


He's able to wear jeans at this one. But he'll use tan/navy chinos too

I wear both those shoes with jeans.  The dark chili PA will look amazing with navy chinos (and it's close to your oxblood).  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc