Edited by StylinProfilin - 4/10/16 at 4:32pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 206post #3077 of 193344/10/16 at 4:38pmpost #3078 of 193344/10/16 at 4:41pmpost #3079 of 193344/10/16 at 4:53pm
Quote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
In keeping with my tendency to find a shoe I like and then buy it in multiple colors, I recently acquired a pair of Rancourt espresso shell pinch penny loafers and a pair of the same loafers in natural/caramel shell for a good price. I have the espresso ones in my posession, and the natural ones will be arriving in a few days. They are super comfortable and I love the look.
Anyone wanna buy the boots I'm selling in my sig so I can help finance this??
These are really gorgeous. The top pair reminds me of @FatTuesday 's from the old thread:
@danwatts2005 , this is the best non-AE filthy barnweaseling of the evening.post #3080 of 193344/10/16 at 5:00pm@Captain Insano When I picked up my Beckman the IR was my other option. Crazy horrible breakin - curious to know how bad it was for the IR. Also, is it just me or are the wax laces absolutely garbage that snap after like 2 weeks of wear.post #3081 of 193344/10/16 at 5:55pmI think the laces on the IR are more durable and work boot like. They don't look as good, but very durable. They probably won't break for years. My only complaint about the laces is they are a tad short for this boot.
I have heard the beckman breakin is rough. Breakin varies on the IR depending on the leather type. These IRs in the copper rough and tough leather the breakin was fine. This leather is pretty "soft" for Red Wing leather (but appears to be durable as hell after I have done lots of wood, dirt, outside work in them). Overall, this is my favorite Red Wing boot for comfort and outside physical work.
My black Brogue Rangers had a hell of a breakin. That black chaparral leather was stiff as F. But good now. I think that boot/leather breaks in similar to a Beckman.
My 8181 classic round in muleskinner roughout leather is my most comfortable overall. Breakin was butter. I don't work outside in that one.Quote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@Captain Insano When I picked up my Beckman the IR was my other option. Crazy horrible breakin - curious to know how bad it was for the IR. Also, is it just me or are the wax laces absolutely garbage that snap after like 2 weeks of wear.post #3082 of 193344/10/16 at 6:01pmpost #3083 of 193344/10/16 at 6:04pmpost #3084 of 193344/10/16 at 6:29pmQuote:
Newb question, perhaps... but can you compare the fit of these vs McAllisters? I just grabbed a merlot pair in the sale and am trying to get my mind around if its the same shoe for another $400 in shell...
Yours looks great, btw. Tots obvz tho...post #3085 of 193344/10/16 at 6:43pmpost #3086 of 193344/10/16 at 6:45pm
Some recent additions:
Walnut Fifth Avenues from Shoebank (10C)
MTO #8 shell Park Avenues with Double JR sole (10C)
Indy Brown Bartletts (9 1/2 D)
Once I figure out the how to up-load from my cell phone, I'll have some action photos w/ watch and coffee. (My co-workers are waiting for me to spill the coffee!)
Also, though I haven't yet gone laceless, I found the Patriot to be much tighter than the Randolf which I wound up purchasing from our favorite E-bay seller in a 10B.post #3087 of 193344/10/16 at 6:48pmWow some great looking shoes going up on this Sunday. Those shell strands @RichieP...ugh I was already tempted by lace less and now I'm a full fledged cult member of that crew. Every shell picture makes me shell envious and those are gorgeouspost #3088 of 193344/10/16 at 6:55pmQuote:
I'm right there with you. When I bought the Cambridges two years ago, I had browser windows open with them and the Jeffersons I had tried at my first fitting. I went back and forth enough to tell there were only very slight variations of the broguing around the foot opening and down along the laces, but yeah, they're basically the same shoe. McAllister looks similar enough to me as well.
They're all 65 last, and that fits great on me. Some will say that shell fits a bit looser. I find this to be true with these in the morning, and I do pull my laces tighter when I get to work, but I guess my feet get slightly bigger as they day goes on, because by mid-afternoon, I don't notice it at all.post #3089 of 193344/10/16 at 7:00pmpost #3090 of 193344/10/16 at 7:34pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Naked and Famous Oni Weird Guy sz 30 1 second ago
- › Cars We Drive! 44 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...