or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 198

post #2956 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


They're out of my size, so I don't have to worry about it. icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif  Thats some Remo Williams s***.

Why you lucky bastard.
post #2957 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@Count de Monet So are you trying to say its not ok to go to work business formal with a suit, tie & blue suede boots? Completely ruined my plans.

On a more serious note, I guess I'm surprised at the level of interest in the new strandmok - the suede colors are so light, plus the white sole...i really loved the colors they used to offer on the neumok - they're a little wild but dark/antiquated enough that they really look good for casual beyond just the summer season. I just don't get the appeal here unless people are just trying to take advantage of the sale.

Those were my thoughts exactly...that is the same conclusion I came to last night....which is why I've all but finalized my decision to go with a reasonably discounted tag team combo of that Tan Strandmok (which I figure will be alot more versatile than the suede strandmok 2.0), and the navy Dundee that keeps calling out to me. And I might be able to prolong the purchase of the Dundee since it's not technically a part of the Anniversary sale.
Edited by harlequin782 - 4/8/16 at 7:10am
post #2958 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

Damn you for bringing up that suede Dundee..I had finally wrestled my mind away from getting that gorgeous navy suede Dundee on clearance a couple of nights ago, by convincing myself that since I've already got a shell dundee, I wouldn't need 2 casual chukka boots. Plus I REALLY need a rubber soled shoe of some sort. And I wanted to get into the suede game, so, the Strandmoks were my attempt at killing two birds with one stone.

Lol...But seriously, thanks for the suggestion...clearly the Dundee is an option I'll have to put back on the table when I prepare to place my order during this sale.

Haha!!

Yes.

Yes, you do. I have 5 chukkas with two more on order.
post #2959 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Haha!!

Yes.

Yes, you do. I have 5 chukkas with two more on order.

I hope you folks here never take it upon yourselves to counsel drug addicts...your enabling ways would have their lives in shambles!
post #2960 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

I hope you folks here never take it upon yourselves to counsel drug addicts...your enabling ways would have their lives in shambles!

Drugs are cheaper and less addicting.
post #2961 of 17570
Back to AE today. Winfields...
post #2962 of 17570
@harlequin782 I hate to do this to you, but if you have the use for it, I'm totally with captain Kenilworth on the Dundee -I would not pass on that for the price. I have a couple suede shoes in my arsenal, all very nice, I just never wear them. Totally different story if you could fit them in.
post #2963 of 17570
Another day another dollar watching the leaderboard. Casual Friday with a little class coming from the Mora 2.0.
Also, anyone have the MacNeil 2.0? I think I might go with that one over my original Grayson thought...
post #2964 of 17570

can anyone provide ideal belt recommendations? since i have a lot of different colors, should i aim to get a belt for each shoe, or whats the best way to go about this? would like to not break the bank on belts if possible. i have chili fifth aves, bourbon strands, and brown fifth aves/park aves. anybody have some good belts they'd recommend to pair with these?

post #2965 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@harlequin782 I hate to do this to you, but if you have the use for it, I'm totally with captain Kenilworth on the Dundee -I would not pass on that for the price. I have a couple suede shoes in my arsenal, all very nice, I just never wear them. Totally different story if you could fit them in.

You're killin me smalls...the pressure is too much...I literally should be spending that money on getting my wheel bearings replaced...now I have to decide whether I want to put the money on being able to drive safe or look good walking...hmmm..decisions decisions..but I guess as long as I get from point A to B it doesn't matter if I spend it on the Dundees right now. Or maybe I can get one Dundee and one wheel bearing for now if AE will let me buy a single shoe by itself. I still have to work out the logistics of it all, but I feel as though I'm at such a pivotal point in my life right now. 😐😯
post #2966 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2793 View Post
 

can anyone provide ideal belt recommendations? since i have a lot of different colors, should i aim to get a belt for each shoe, or whats the best way to go about this? would like to not break the bank on belts if possible. i have chili fifth aves, bourbon strands, and brown fifth aves/park aves. anybody have some good belts they'd recommend to pair with these?

Depending on size, I would recommend checking the clearance section first.  You can pick up any belt on clearance for $49, which is a smokin deal compared to full or sale price.

post #2967 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2793 View Post
 

can anyone provide ideal belt recommendations? since i have a lot of different colors, should i aim to get a belt for each shoe, or whats the best way to go about this? would like to not break the bank on belts if possible. i have chili fifth aves, bourbon strands, and brown fifth aves/park aves. anybody have some good belts they'd recommend to pair with these?

If you have a store/outlet close to you I would start there.  Brown basic wide belt is a good starter.  Then something in chili since it goes with a lot.  If you are planning on adding any reds/merlot/burgundy then get a merlot.  I would get a bourbon last maybe even after a black belt since bourbon is discountinued and you can match it with a brown/walnut, etc if need be.

 

I stuck with my brown basic wide and merlot basic wide for the longest time (have mostly browns and merlots/burgundys).  Just bought a bourbon belt on clearance.

post #2968 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post


You're killin me smalls...the pressure is too much...I literally should be spending that money on getting my wheel bearings replaced...now I have to decide whether I want to put the money on being able to drive safe or look good walking...hmmm..decisions decisions..but I guess as long as I get from point A to B it doesn't matter if I spend it on the Dundees right now. Or maybe I can get one Dundee and one wheel bearing for now if AE will let me buy a single shoe by itself. I still have to work out the logistics of it all, but I feel as though I'm at such a pivotal point in my life right now. 😐😯

 

You have a tax return money coming, right? There ya go!

 

As a fellow 5+ chukka club member, I say DO IT!

post #2969 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2793 View Post
 

can anyone provide ideal belt recommendations? since i have a lot of different colors, should i aim to get a belt for each shoe, or whats the best way to go about this? would like to not break the bank on belts if possible. i have chili fifth aves, bourbon strands, and brown fifth aves/park aves. anybody have some good belts they'd recommend to pair with these?

 

The bourbon manistee is on sale for $49, perfect for your Strands.  

 

I bought an essentially brand new chili wide basic on ebay for $40 and have picked up several belts that way lately as they come at severe discounts and typically have minimal noticeable issues.

post #2970 of 17570

3 Belts, some McAllister Merlots, 2 shoe trees later... I think I might need to block the AE website or I'll end up with warwicks at the end of the day too....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc