Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:27 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 186post #2776 of 176784/4/16 at 6:29ampost #2777 of 176784/4/16 at 7:27amQuote:
As promised, my Merlot Fifth Ave again for Merlot/Chili/Oxblood/Burgundy Monday. Over the weekend I gave them some cleaner/conditioner and a fresh application of shoe cream to put some life back in this old pair. I think I'm overdue for something in Oxblood. Perhaps the upcoming April sale...post #2778 of 176784/4/16 at 8:13ampost #2779 of 176784/4/16 at 8:20amQuote:Love those socks too. I'm thinking I need a pair of oxblood golf shoes...Originally Posted by Soupy
As promised, my Merlot Fifth Ave again for Merlot/Chili/Oxblood/Burgundy Monday. Over the weekend I gave them some cleaner/conditioner and a fresh application of shoe cream to put some life back in this old pair. I think I'm overdue for something in Oxblood. Perhaps the upcoming April sale...post #2780 of 176784/4/16 at 8:52ampost #2781 of 176784/4/16 at 9:23ampost #2782 of 176784/4/16 at 10:01ampost #2783 of 176784/4/16 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by barto78
Well, i received the RL (AE) Singleton's today and my heel in both the L & R shoe slip a fair amount. The sides and front of the shoe feel great, but my heels are slipping out. I guess to be fair, i am wearing a pair of wool blend socks, so that might be aiding in the slip. That said, the question i now have is do i go down in size to a 9.5 D or just return them altogether.
Also, the color is not close to the reddish/brown pair we saw earlier in the thread. Sadly, i think that particular shoe was a one off and the burnished brown calf look (as you see here) is all they currently make.
Anyone have any advice on what i should do? Ralph Lauren doesn't have the 9E or EEE in stock, so my only bet is to go for the 9.5D which i think will not be a proper fit.
An update a week later....
Shoes fit awesome and no longer slip off my heel on either foot. So glad i stuck it out and kept them because had i tried to squeeze my foot into a 9.5D, then i would have essentially wasted my money. I can tell already this shoe is going to be a personal favorite for years to come as the color has really grown on me over the last week.post #2784 of 176784/4/16 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by barto78
An update a week later....
Shoes fit awesome and no longer slip off my heel on either foot. So glad i stuck it out and kept them because had i tried to squeeze my foot into a 9.5D, then i would have essentially wasted my money. I can tell already this shoe is going to be a personal favorite for years to come as the color has really grown on me over the last week.
Great to hear! I really love mine in tan.post #2785 of 176784/4/16 at 2:36pmpost #2786 of 176784/4/16 at 2:51pmQuote:
This might make your day:
Xerxes Ave, on Amazon.
But, depends on size.post #2787 of 176784/4/16 at 3:35pmpost #2788 of 176784/4/16 at 3:43pmQuote:
Having the forum up in the background is a shameless attempt at trolling for thumbs up on your post. And it damn sure worked for me.post #2789 of 176784/4/16 at 3:55pmQuote:
IMO, your good; and I think your right, after a good break-in they should close up a touch more.post #2790 of 176784/4/16 at 4:02pm
Picked up a pair of Walnut Daltons from the Bergen Center outlet. Will post pics on Wednesday (if it drys up around here). Also came close to breaking the shell barrier with a pair of Dundees, but alas a bit too loose. Got another pair (that I'm not hopeful about) on order just because they're going to honor the 15% off from the opening sale.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 53 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway