Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/18/17 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 18post #257 of 193272/16/16 at 10:59ampost #258 of 193272/16/16 at 11:21amQuote:
I'm not seeing the match madness.
As for all green wingtips, maybe. Depending on how green. And whether or not it's March 17 and you're surrounded by beer drinkers.
Or maybe with red socks in December at the company ugly sweater party!
I'm starting to come around to the idea.
** edit: I found 'em. That green is definitely drunken St Patricks, not a muted olive that might work with normal fashions.post #259 of 193272/16/16 at 12:29pmpost #260 of 193272/16/16 at 12:40pmpost #261 of 193272/16/16 at 12:46pmQuote:
In my case, I wouldn't say it was bigger, but roomier. I probably COULD have if I was inclined to dance that dance, however.
I went so far as to wear a McGregor on one foot and a McAllister on the other.post #262 of 193272/16/16 at 12:46pmpost #263 of 193272/16/16 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Moose22
Oh Em Gee... I finally got shipping notice on my shoes!
Remember, I ordered a pair of "Mocha boxanil" shoes at the thanksgiving sale just over 3 months ago and got a pair that had so much bowing in the throat I could slip out of them without untying them. And the heels were WAY off. Bummer, as I really wanted to fill a dark brown hole in my wardrobe, and the color of those shoes was really lovely.
After a month, they told me they couldn't get the leather to make another pair, so offered me any OTHER shoe in the regular line. So I told them Dark Brown Burnished Cornwallis. That'll go with nice pants of almost any color.
So, I've been waiting since the new year for my shipment. Talked and emailed with Melissa a few times with "they should go out next week" in response. And here we are! Finally! A shipping notice!
Ugh. Have you ever felt like you are in a Jerry Lewis movie, and you should laugh, but you don't because you're not French?
I haven't followed your entire saga, but congratulations!
And now I must ask...did you adjust your standard sizing? I want to put more effort into this when I jump on the Cornwallis.
If anyone else wants to weigh in on their Cornwallis sizing, that'd be great, too.post #264 of 193272/16/16 at 12:57pmQuote:
What he said. FWIW, I used to be adverse to the burgundy and a darker gray. Even that has become a favorite. Medium gray is a no-brainer with it and navy with burgundy looks really sharp while remaining conservative IMO. If oxblood is a little loud, it can be toned down with polish over time.
A repost from last week:
Black shoes with either suit will look more formal in today's society (especially with a white shirt), so I reserve black for more formal occasions and winter church services. Black is the safest because burgundy and navy at a winter funeral may look out of place. Brown will work better with the gray than the blue IMO, but will look good with both, and it is passible at a winter funeral.
Also, if you are wearing a suit more than once a week, you may want to go ahead and plan for black and one other color, purchasing black first.
If I were wearing a suit less than twice a week, I would go with burgundy/merlot/oxblood.
A different approach may be to assess the base color of your tie leanings. If you lean towards blue based ties, I would go black shoes; red based ties would be burgundy; and orange, green, and yellow bases would be brown. For purples I may go burgundy or black.post #265 of 193272/16/16 at 1:55pmJust ordered the brown Kirkwood and cognac McTavish. Ordered the McT 0.5 size longer, as they didn't have my usual size. It was either that or the usual size and + 1 in width. So we will see... By the way, does AE do price adjustments? Few days ago I purchased Flatiron firsts for $217 and now they are down to $177. It's not that much but bugs me a little.post #266 of 193272/16/16 at 2:01pmpost #267 of 193272/16/16 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by cc808314
Just ordered the brown Kirkwood and cognac McTavish. Ordered the McT 0.5 size longer, as they didn't have my usual size. It was either that or the usual size and + 1 in width. So we will see... By the way, does AE do price adjustments? Few days ago I purchased Flatiron firsts for $217 and now they are down to $177. It's not that much but bugs me a little.
Did you go with an 8D? If so, I'm a bit more optimistic than Neo. Might have to go with thicker socks, but I have a feeling you'll be fine.post #268 of 193272/16/16 at 2:47pmQuote:I will not give up. I will make it work . ThanksOriginally Posted by Neo1
1. Call about the flatiron - they should adjust it.
2. McTavish in either configuration you described won't work, sorry to burst your bubble. They just run really large to start with.
3. Enough about that damn brown Kirkwood already - you guys are cruel.Quote:
Yes, went with the 8D from CAC, as I couldn't get hold of anyone from the Mebane, NC store. I was thinking of also ordering 7.5E, but didn't.post #269 of 193272/16/16 at 3:12pmQuote:
A thin foam or terry cloth insole does wonders for a slightly large/wide shoe, trust me.post #270 of 193272/16/16 at 3:12pmWondering if anyone can help me with Dundee (1.0) fitting, especially as it relates to the Gobi and Bleecker Street. I have the latter two and they couldn't be further apart in fit. The Gobi is very roomy and looks unstructured and quite casual on my feet. By contrast, the Bleecker Street seems very narrow and fitted, resulting in a really sleek look. I'd like to add a pair of navy Dundees but want them to fit/look more like the Bleecker Streets.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 37 seconds ago
- › Petition to President Donald J. Trump - bring back US shoe... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Are Huntsman prices fully justified? 11 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 13 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply Napoli Navy Thread: NWT 38R, 40R, 42R 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...