Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 4:00 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 162post #2416 of 193343/24/16 at 8:33ampost #2417 of 193343/24/16 at 8:34amQuote:Haha those are super comfortable. Impulse buy for sure. If I had known then what I know now, they would not be in my collection but I regret nothingOriginally Posted by 7_rocket
I love your collection but....post #2418 of 193343/24/16 at 9:09ampost #2419 of 193343/24/16 at 9:20ampost #2420 of 193343/24/16 at 9:20ampost #2421 of 193343/24/16 at 9:21ampost #2422 of 193343/24/16 at 9:41ampost #2423 of 193343/24/16 at 10:11ampost #2424 of 193343/24/16 at 10:13ampost #2425 of 193343/24/16 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
It's the only AE loafer made on the 222 last. Also they are made completely in Pirt Washington as opposed to being clicked and stitched in the DR like most AEs. You also get a different sole. But the premium is likely due to the name. For their part, RL doesn't admit that they're made by AE.
I didn't realize that the Singleton is on 222. The shape always reminded me the Randolph, which is on 97. Actually, BB presidio is also on 222.post #2426 of 193343/24/16 at 10:20ampost #2427 of 193343/24/16 at 10:22am
Fitting shoes is such a crapshoot. So on my lunch I stopped in to a local high end department store to peruse their shoes since I knew they were switching product lines at the beginning of the year. Lo and behold, they now carry a limited stock of AE! So I was chatting with the lady (been in the shoe department there for 30 years) about AE. Mentioned how I have always had problems with loafers because of my skinny heel. So she measured me (haven't gotten this done before, shame on me). She measured me at 8.5 length 9 arch c almost d on the right foot and a 9 length, 10 arch c almost d on my left foot. The only loafer they have currently is the Lake Forest, so I tried that in 8.5d. Seemed to fit pretty well. A touch snug on the left foot. A little heel slip, but the shoes were stiff.
Told her about my current shoes (Neumok 8e, McTavish 8e, 6th ave 9d). She seemed shocked that the 8e works. Perhaps I am inept at judging my shoes, but the 65 last shoes I feel are still a touch long for my arch. I might just be all discombobulated, but what do you make of this?post #2428 of 193343/24/16 at 10:26am
I have found identical sized AEs to fit differently (which is to be expected).
Also I have learned that the longer I have been here, and the more variety of shoes I have, the more I realize I am looking for different things on fit now than I was a year or two ago.
I don't know how that helps you, but that's what I have to say about that.post #2429 of 193343/24/16 at 10:30amQuote:
I'm actually not so sure it is. Conventional wisdom agrees the Sanderson is on the 222, but I've seen the Singleton disputed and I would tend to agree - the shape of the loafer does not seem to jive with the Sanderson, and the fit (although it is a loafer vs a blucher) is a bit different.
Hard for me to compare to the 65 last, though, since I don't own any shoes on that last.
Some days I regret selling my brown Singletons, but I own them in tan and they're lovely. If I keep those Rancourt shell loafers in brown, I'll probably miss the Singletons less (although the Rancourt is a much more casual style). I might pay close to shell price just for a pair of brown calf Singletons in the nicer looking leather/lighter edge dressing from my pictures above!post #2430 of 193343/24/16 at 10:32amQuote:
It was almost an impulse buy for me, really. Most expensive impulse buy I've made.
I was balking at considering paying full price for the brown CXL OSB loafer, and then I go and pay a good bit more for these on a whim.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Pant's too tapered? 19 minutes ago
- › Newly divorced - Need a break - Vacay spot 21 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 22 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 33 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 38 minutes ago
- › Cuts! Fatherhood leather jacket sale 40/50R ish -RickOwens, MMM,... 39 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...