Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 152post #2266 of 193343/19/16 at 7:15pmpost #2267 of 193343/19/16 at 7:20pmpost #2268 of 193343/19/16 at 7:31pmpost #2269 of 193343/19/16 at 7:51pmQuote:Thanks.
These started as walnut. After a while, I noticed how nice they looked when polished. But a polished walnut shoe with such as streamlined design seemed to be not very versatile. I thought that they could look so much better in brown.
So out came the leather dyes. They are now a shade of brown that is a little lighter than the regular AE brown.
I like them so much more now.post #2270 of 193343/19/16 at 7:52pmQuote:
I just used the AE polish and the conditioner/cleaner. I have no experience with the Bick 4. I would recommend you buy the little bottle first to see if you like it. Not everyone likes it, such as @eagleman. I found it to be better than what I was using before. There is no sense in having 32 ounces of a product you don't like, so start with the smaller bottle.post #2271 of 193343/19/16 at 8:16pmpost #2272 of 193343/19/16 at 8:21pmpost #2273 of 193343/19/16 at 8:25pmpost #2274 of 193343/20/16 at 5:38ampost #2275 of 193343/20/16 at 5:45ampost #2276 of 193343/20/16 at 8:05ampost #2277 of 193343/20/16 at 9:30ampost #2278 of 193343/20/16 at 12:10pmpost #2279 of 193343/20/16 at 12:51pmSince it was 34F this morning I thought I'd break out my Sauk Drive seconds one last time this season. I still think AE got a huge price break on some sub-par Dublin from Horween and slapped together a Black Friday thing. The edges of some pieces aren't finished and even most firsts I've seen are wrinkled. The Eagle Country MTO's in Dublin were pretty smooth. Still, mine have broken in well and I really like them for a casual boot. The color is great. Certainly I'm not afraid to take them off road.
My wife is hosting a shower so Rusty the Wonder Mutt and I have been banished to the bedroom to watch the tournament. He predicts SFA will come back and win. I'm not so sure.post #2280 of 193343/20/16 at 1:57pmCan anybody speak to the finish on the Humboldt Ave belt in Golden Brown CXL? I have three pairs of Golden Brown CXL, the Rush Street, the Bellevue, and the Kirkwood. All are vastly different. I also have a Sun River GB CXL belt, which to me, is not finished like any of those shoes.
I thought I might pick one up, if it wouldn't be too redundant, along with a Merlot Polished Cobbler belt to match Oxblood.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 53 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 9 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 16 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 19 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...