Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 12/8/16 at 6:27am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:05 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 152post #2266 of 178663/19/16 at 7:15pmpost #2267 of 178663/19/16 at 7:20pmpost #2268 of 178663/19/16 at 7:31pmpost #2269 of 178663/19/16 at 7:51pmQuote:Thanks.
These started as walnut. After a while, I noticed how nice they looked when polished. But a polished walnut shoe with such as streamlined design seemed to be not very versatile. I thought that they could look so much better in brown.
So out came the leather dyes. They are now a shade of brown that is a little lighter than the regular AE brown.
I like them so much more now.post #2270 of 178663/19/16 at 7:52pmQuote:
I just used the AE polish and the conditioner/cleaner. I have no experience with the Bick 4. I would recommend you buy the little bottle first to see if you like it. Not everyone likes it, such as @eagleman. I found it to be better than what I was using before. There is no sense in having 32 ounces of a product you don't like, so start with the smaller bottle.post #2271 of 178663/19/16 at 8:16pmpost #2272 of 178663/19/16 at 8:21pmpost #2273 of 178663/19/16 at 8:25pmpost #2274 of 178663/20/16 at 5:38ampost #2275 of 178663/20/16 at 5:45ampost #2276 of 178663/20/16 at 8:05ampost #2277 of 178663/20/16 at 9:30ampost #2278 of 178663/20/16 at 12:10pmpost #2279 of 178663/20/16 at 12:51pmSince it was 34F this morning I thought I'd break out my Sauk Drive seconds one last time this season. I still think AE got a huge price break on some sub-par Dublin from Horween and slapped together a Black Friday thing. The edges of some pieces aren't finished and even most firsts I've seen are wrinkled. The Eagle Country MTO's in Dublin were pretty smooth. Still, mine have broken in well and I really like them for a casual boot. The color is great. Certainly I'm not afraid to take them off road.
My wife is hosting a shower so Rusty the Wonder Mutt and I have been banished to the bedroom to watch the tournament. He predicts SFA will come back and win. I'm not so sure.post #2280 of 178663/20/16 at 1:57pmCan anybody speak to the finish on the Humboldt Ave belt in Golden Brown CXL? I have three pairs of Golden Brown CXL, the Rush Street, the Bellevue, and the Kirkwood. All are vastly different. I also have a Sun River GB CXL belt, which to me, is not finished like any of those shoes.
I thought I might pick one up, if it wouldn't be too redundant, along with a Merlot Polished Cobbler belt to match Oxblood.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 26 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 28 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 51 minutes ago
- › Velasca Shoes 53 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 54 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Brunello Cucinelli Shepherd Check Blazer sz 40 or 42 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Dry Cleaning vs. Washing Jeans 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...