or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 150

post #2236 of 17685
@danwatts2005 I find that really unfortunate - a result of AEs super limited inventory and the back and forth shipping preventing you from finding a good fit. The stores are geared towards getting everyone into the 65, which will likely "fit" everyone to some degree. I would have agreed with you when I first got my PAs, but as an example, last Fall one day I had my Aberdeens on by 7AM, did a couple hours of errands, considerable walking, made a 2.5 hr drive, did a LOT more walking, drove home (another 2.5 hours), and still had the shoes on at 2AM, and could have kept going. Keep trying everything you can get your hands on.

I absolutely can never get athletic shoes to work - I measure at a 7.5 narrow. With all the cushion I need the length of the 7.5 (with AE I go down to 7). But with the D width of the sneakers, it's always way too much volume, like I'm sloshing around, and I get leg muscle fatigue pretty quickly.
post #2237 of 17685

Walnut Stands from yesterday.

 

post #2238 of 17685
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post


Properly fitting shoes = all day comfort for me! Athletic shoes just feel weird to me now with their cushiness. Feels like there isn't as much support.

For real. I wore my Gobis for the majority of a 90 mile walking trip through Spain and had absolutely no foot pain or issues.

post #2239 of 17685
Freiburgs on casual Friday.
Really liking both the fit and the look of these. Great casual boot.
post #2240 of 17685
I have two pairs of black shoes (dundee 2.0 and a pair of Wolverines). I've worn both pairs this week. Do I need to seek counseling? Especially after yesterday's color splash. Someone shower me in Walnut please...
post #2241 of 17685

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post

I can't imagine wearing any of my AEs around Magic Kingdom. My feet would fall off by 10:00 AM.

Properly fitting shoes = all day comfort for me! Athletic shoes just feel weird to me now with their cushiness. Feels like there isn't as much support.





I wore my Dukes for a full day at Universal and for three solid days at Disney. They were fantastic.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #2242 of 17685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@danwatts2005 I find that really unfortunate - a result of AEs super limited inventory and the back and forth shipping preventing you from finding a good fit. The stores are geared towards getting everyone into the 65, which will likely "fit" everyone to some degree. I would have agreed with you when I first got my PAs, but as an example, last Fall one day I had my Aberdeens on by 7AM, did a couple hours of errands, considerable walking, made a 2.5 hr drive, did a LOT more walking, drove home (another 2.5 hours), and still had the shoes on at 2AM, and could have kept going. Keep trying everything you can get your hands on.

I absolutely can never get athletic shoes to work - I measure at a 7.5 narrow. With all the cushion I need the length of the 7.5 (with AE I go down to 7). But with the D width of the sneakers, it's always way too much volume, like I'm sloshing around, and I get leg muscle fatigue pretty quickly.

I am sized at a 10.5D, as measured by the LaSalle St. store, and that is what all of my AE's are, five of which are 65s.  I've been a 10.5D for most of my adult life, so I just thought the AE measurement was confirming what I already knew.  

 

My commute includes walking across the Loop, from Millennium Station to Wacker and Monroe, which is one mile each way, so I'm putting in some miles.  I refuse to do the bit of wearing tennis shoes with dress pants, carrying my AEs, and switching when I get here.

 

It seems like the biggest problem I have is usually that a wrinkle in the sock or a pinch in the pinky toe will develop at some point during the day, and then just get worse, even if I fix it.  I think part of my problem might be that I have such a large rotation (at least compared to any I've ever had before), that I haven't really gotten any of them truly broken in yet.  Only wearing once a week at most is going to make a break in period longer.  I'd be done with a pair of the cheap shoes I used to wear by this time, and my AEs are just getting started.

post #2243 of 17685
@danwatts2005 You might not like the styles, but if the stores have them in stock, try out the Normandy & Walton - I could wear either of those forever.
post #2244 of 17685

My retraining to wear brown with navy is now complete and now looks "normal." Chili Benton's, my very first pair of AE shoes, for a casual Friday.

 

post #2245 of 17685
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post
 

I am sized at a 10.5D, as measured by the LaSalle St. store, and that is what all of my AE's are, five of which are 65s.  I've been a 10.5D for most of my adult life, so I just thought the AE measurement was confirming what I already knew.  

 

My commute includes walking across the Loop, from Millennium Station to Wacker and Monroe, which is one mile each way, so I'm putting in some miles.  I refuse to do the bit of wearing tennis shoes with dress pants, carrying my AEs, and switching when I get here.

 

It seems like the biggest problem I have is usually that a wrinkle in the sock or a pinch in the pinky toe will develop at some point during the day, and then just get worse, even if I fix it.  I think part of my problem might be that I have such a large rotation (at least compared to any I've ever had before), that I haven't really gotten any of them truly broken in yet.  Only wearing once a week at most is going to make a break in period longer.  I'd be done with a pair of the cheap shoes I used to wear by this time, and my AEs are just getting started.


I'm with you. Shoes were meant to be walked in. My commute to work involves about 3 miles of walking, and I'm at that particular job 3 days a week. Because my rotation is at 21 pairs (total), again, some shoes I have purchased over a year ago are still not completely broken in. The shell Carminas I'm wearing today I got last August and they still haven't been beaten into submission.

post #2246 of 17685

wearing my bourbon sanfords today...

 

post #2247 of 17685

Wearing my walnut Strands today.  Although they are several years old, they don't look as walnutty as some walnut shoes do, probably because I use Allen-Edmonds Light Brown Shoe Polish (the stuff in the glass jar) on them.......


......fir those who might be wondering, yes, I retied them right after I took this pictureo

post #2248 of 17685
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post


I can't imagine wearing any of my AEs around Magic Kingdom. My feet would fall off by 10:00 AM.

 

I could definitely do it with some of my AEs, but I wouldn't want to with my natural shell Dundees. They'd have so many welts by the end of the day because of the water rides.

post #2249 of 17685

Classic... :)

 

Need to polish this weekend though!

 

post #2250 of 17685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post

Wearing my walnut Strands today.  Although they are several years old, they don't look as walnutty as some walnut shoes do, probably because I use Allen-Edmonds Light Brown Shoe Polish (the stuff in the glass jar) on them.......





......fir those who might be wondering, yes, I retied them right after I took this pictureo

Those look fantastic!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post

I could definitely do it with some of my AEs, but I wouldn't want to with my natural shell Dundees. They'd have so many welts by the end of the day because of the water rides.

Me neither. I think my fugly voyagers would get the call. Supremely comfortable, and ugly enough that I don't care if they get beat up or get ice cream, soda, or whatever else my kids would subject them to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCreddevil View Post

Classic... smile.gif

Need to polish this weekend though!



They look expertly polished to me!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc