Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 147post #2192 of 154543/17/16 at 8:00ampost #2193 of 154543/17/16 at 8:01amOxblood McGregor today. Two things, first, love how helpful this forum is. Two, struck out at the closest Nordstrom and Dillard's last night. Today heading to a different Nordstrom and close by, the AE store for tongue pads. If THAT fails, going to a cobbler. I didn't even think about that as an option. Thanks again for everyone's help in my quest for a comfortable minimal heel slip suede loafer.post #2194 of 154543/17/16 at 8:31ampost #2195 of 154543/17/16 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by SLCRich
Oxblood McGregor today. Two things, first, love how helpful this forum is. Two, struck out at the closest Nordstrom and Dillard's last night. Today heading to a different Nordstrom and close by, the AE store for tongue pads. If THAT fails, going to a cobbler. I didn't even think about that as an option. Thanks again for everyone's help in my quest for a comfortable minimal heel slip suede loafer.
Just buy them on Amazon. They are like 8 bucks:post #2196 of 154543/17/16 at 9:05ampost #2197 of 154543/17/16 at 9:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Roycru
Wearing Horween Cognac Dublin Leather Ridgeways today, which fortunately have enough bowing that the nice orange lining shows in the picture......
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
......always feel safer crossing the street wearing these shoes with the high visibility orange accents.
I like the color on the leather on these.post #2198 of 154543/17/16 at 11:13am
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...Quote:Originally Posted by woolalaoc
first time posting - i've spent the last few months slowly collecting some great used/close to new pairs of AEs - here's my haul...best part is i spent on average $80 per shoe.
ignore the pair of j&m's on the bottom right
(top l-r: ae fairhavens - black, ae park avenue - black, ae portland boot - brown)
(bottom l-r: ae larchmonts - walnut, ae strands - walnut, ae sanford - bourbon)
Did you buy these from a particular seller on eBay? If so which one? Thx
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #2199 of 154543/17/16 at 11:38ampost #2200 of 154543/17/16 at 12:18pm
i think every pair was purchased from different ebay vendors, but here are a few good ones that i'd recommend:
stevesnamebrand - they're on the upper end in terms of cost, but they've got a ton of AEs and the quality is pretty consistent.
my rule has been to spend no more than $100 for a pair of AEs and i've only violated it once - on the larchmonts (cause they were close to new, never worn from what i could tell). however, the sweet spot has been closer to $60, i even got the fairhavens for <$15.
i'll typically start my hunt with the following search (that i got from styleforum, i believe) and start bookmarking items i like:
happy hunting!post #2201 of 154543/17/16 at 12:55pmQuote:That's my last stop, the Internet. I'd rather walk out of a store with them so I know right away if they'll work or not. Otherwise I gotta return the loafersOriginally Posted by alexnb
Just buy them on Amazon. They are like 8 bucks:
http://www.amazon.com/Pairs-Large-Tongue-Shoes-Adhesive/dp/B0030KSCCApost #2202 of 154543/17/16 at 1:04pmpost #2203 of 154543/17/16 at 1:23pmpost #2204 of 154543/17/16 at 2:13pm
i have five pair of Allen Edmonds shoes, dating back to 1993. I think most of the models are discontinued; mine have all been resoled at least once, and 2 have been reconditioned: Park Avenue, chili; Burton, black; Sanford, chestnut; Brewster, dark brown; and Yale, brown chromexcel with a rubber sole. Keep them clean, polished, and resoled regularly, and they will last a long time. I haven't bought a new pair from them in several years; last 2 pair of dress shoes were Alden shell cordovan, color 8. I have trended toward cordovan (leather taken from the muscle layer beneath a horse's hide, from the rump. Very firm; takes a long time to tan, wears much better/longer than normal leather shoes. shoes are about twice as expensive) because despite the price, i think it's a great material for shoes and will last basically as long as i will. Allen Edmonds sells cordovan shoes too.
But, the point of this post is an Allen Edmonds belt i just purchased. Shell cordovan belts are hard to find because there aren't many places that tan cordovan (; Allen Edmonds sells them, they are available, and at $195 retail they are less expensive than some alternatives. and a lot less than a good alligator or crocodile belt. The belt i just purchased is color 8 to go with the shoes. Fairly robust nickel buckle, very nice. The cordovan is somewhat lighter in color than the Alden shoes. Made from 3 pieces of cordovan, sewn together. One of the pieces is a little bit rougher than the other two; i'm guessing the grain of that piece was tanned differently and runs in a different direction. The other two sections are very smooth. Notably, the cordovan and leather backing are sewn all the way through, which I think will yield a more long-lasting belt. Very happy with it.
i'll try to get inspired to photograph the shoes and belt and post them.post #2205 of 154543/17/16 at 2:37pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Is this too tight? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing #9030 10D Indy Boot 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...