I'm going with: What. The. Actual. F***?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 141post #2102 of 152383/14/16 at 6:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Scarlet
I don't think the printable foot measurement guide has been available since last Summer. When I first used it, I measured myself as a 13D, and I ended up buying 3 pairs of shoes that were all too wide. It wasn't until I went to an AE store and got measured on a Brannock scale that I found out I'm really like 13.5B. Perhaps you could take a ruler to a department store with a shoe section and figure it out that way?
Thanks for the reply, I will keep that in mind.post #2103 of 152383/14/16 at 6:15pmpost #2104 of 152383/14/16 at 6:45pmpost #2105 of 152383/14/16 at 6:51pmQuote:I (briefly) had a pair that had the same creasing on the vamp, and misaligned eyelets like yours seems to have. They were supposed to be firsts so I sent them back, but I think this might have been one of the issues with the pattern they used on the shoe.Originally Posted by mreams99
My walnut McGregors arrived today. I've wanted this shoe for a while, and checked for a 1st-quality shoe when they went on clearance. None were available, but there was this one pair in the Shoebank. I noticed that the vamp had some odd wrinkles.
Here's the shoe, out of the box:
And here's the shoe on my foot:
(That second picture even has a tongue pad slid in there, just to see if it helps.)post #2106 of 152383/14/16 at 7:14pmpost #2107 of 152383/14/16 at 7:22pmpost #2108 of 152383/14/16 at 7:34pm
Saving up for a pair of balmoral boots but then I stumbled on these Neumoks for half of web price at an outlet. You know what happened next at least these will have better use for spring/ summer than the boots.
On a side note, I also tried on a pair of old gen. Neumoks in red. I noticed they had thicker leather upper than the one I bought (a lot especially at the tongue). I don't know if that means lower quality for the new gen. Neumoks though.
Edited by nqtri - 3/14/16 at 8:03pmpost #2109 of 152383/14/16 at 7:56pmpost #2110 of 152383/14/16 at 8:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by cc808314
Thanks! Would you say the craftsmanship and the quality of the materials is similar to regular line of AEs? The online reviews are very poor, and many complain that the shoes fell apart after short period of time.
I want to pick up a pair of PTBs for my father, either in darker shades of brown or black, but there are many available from AE.
Yup. Can't say it's really different than any of my other AEs.post #2111 of 152383/14/16 at 9:26pmpost #2112 of 152383/14/16 at 9:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
And now for something totally different. Candy Coated Now & Later Giorgio Brutini Lime Green Snake Skin. Discuss among yourselves.
LOL. Thanks for all the comments. PM me if you are a size 14 and think you can pull off wearing them with style.post #2113 of 152383/15/16 at 1:00am@cc808314 I agree with the others - the varno is basically a casual Leeds. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you're looking for. I'd take those reviews with a grain of salt - most fall into the category of 1) an anomaly where there was a quality issue or 2) someone got a really bad fit and wants to make a big deal to get a refund.post #2114 of 152383/15/16 at 2:56amQuote:I really wanted this shoe and color. I'm going to return them. There is not another pair in walnut available. My choices are either the McGregor in brown, or the Larchmont in walnut (or bourbon).
Thoughts? Suggestions?post #2115 of 152383/15/16 at 6:05am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NIB Vass sell off ~US10D - big cuts 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 26 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 39 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 42 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 52 minutes ago
- › 10/23 PRICE DROP: NWT $8500 KITON SOLID NAVY 14 MICRON SUIT - 52L EU 55 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 57 minutes ago
- › Suits 36R/36S - ZZenga, Armani & Benjamin Sartorial 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...