Don't you think they are similar looking than the Marlow Wingtips?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 8:32 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 140post #2087 of 193343/14/16 at 2:26pmpost #2088 of 193343/14/16 at 3:08pmQuote:
Are the Marlow shell? If not, there's no comparison, even if they're both brown cap-toes.
If I had a $650 gift card, that's what I would get. The only other choice would be to get shell Daltons for an extra $75.post #2089 of 193343/14/16 at 3:31pmpost #2090 of 193343/14/16 at 3:51pmpost #2091 of 193343/14/16 at 4:09pmpost #2092 of 193343/14/16 at 4:33pmI was going to mention this glitch a week or so ago with regards to the clearance pages. When you filter by size sometimes it pulls up shoes that don't have availability. I also noticed that it lists certain sizes and widths with a shoe but if you click on a size it will bring up more options that were hidden.post #2093 of 193343/14/16 at 4:35pmThanks to whoever talked me into giving the warwicks additional breakin time and not unloading them. They don't hurt the tops of my feet any more and are feeling much better. They are still on the long side though with some heel slip. Weird last for my foot I think.post #2094 of 193343/14/16 at 5:03pmMy walnut McGregors arrived today. I've wanted this shoe for a while, and checked for a 1st-quality shoe when they went on clearance. None were available, but there was this one pair in the Shoebank. I noticed that the vamp had some odd wrinkles.
Here's the shoe, out of the box:
And here's the shoe on my foot:
(That second picture even has a tongue pad slid in there, just to see if it helps.)post #2095 of 193343/14/16 at 5:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by RRLRanch
I already have a pair of RL Marlow Wingtips and black Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. I rarely wear dress shoes but I'd like to have a good assortment because I want these to be heirloom pieces. And I have a son on the way and I want to look good on those special occasions.
I have a $650 coupon for Allen Edmonds and I wanted to ask for help here. Which shoe and which color should I buy?
Even though the Ralph Lauren Marlow Wingtips are super expensive, I have a feeling they are not meant to be wear on formal occasions.
Thanks for your help.
Since you have the short wing and brown shell already covered with the RL Marlow Wingtips, the burgundy shell Macneil seems like a good choice. Anything more formal you would have covered with the PA.
Edited by Middlife - 3/14/16 at 5:51pmpost #2096 of 193343/14/16 at 5:46pmpost #2097 of 193343/14/16 at 5:48pmpost #2098 of 193343/14/16 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
And now for something totally different. Candy Coated Now & Later Giorgio Brutini Lime Green Snake Skin. Discuss among yourselves.
Warning: Spoiler! Non-AE content (Click to show)
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Magnificent, btw.post #2099 of 193343/14/16 at 6:03pmpost #2100 of 193343/14/16 at 6:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaRKle
They are Leeds, but with different out soles. They also have leather insoles with a cover piece that goes over the rear half of the insole (Lexington has this too).
Here's a pic of my 2.0 (back when that cover piece pulled up a bit and I sent them to AE for repair).Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks! Would you say the craftsmanship and the quality of the materials is similar to regular line of AEs? The online reviews are very poor, and many complain that the shoes fell apart after short period of time.
I want to pick up a pair of PTBs for my father, either in darker shades of brown or black, but there are many available from AE.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 46 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Lemaire Print Shirts size 48 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Mitchell Midnight Blue Calf US13.5E 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...