Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 138  

post #2056 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post


I just went to check now. The product page listed my size, but when I clicked on it, it disappeared and said "This item is currently not available." What a bullshit tease.

Is there a decent alternative to go with bourbon shoes? Are the Yukon or Sun River close in color?
Try calling a regular retail store.
They told me a week or two ago that there were still plenty of Dearborn and Manistee belts in the system and they could order one for me.
post #2057 of 19334
Am I the only one who has noticed that, as a result of joining this thread, I now know more about AE shoes than the store associates themselves?...strange, and mildly annoying when you ask about a SA about their own product and they clearly don't even know the basics of what you're talking about.
post #2058 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

Am I the only one who has noticed that, as a result of joining this thread, I now know more about AE shoes than the store associates themselves?...strange, and mildly annoying when you ask about a SA about their own product and they clearly don't even know the basics of what you're talking about.
It's funny and/or sad, yes? Biggest difference I have noticed is knowledge about lasts ...
post #2059 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post
 

All,

 

has AE taken down the foot measuring guide from the website? I couldn't find it.

I am trying to pick up a pair for my father and have the 3 measurements of his feet (h-to-t, h-to-b, w). I was hoping to use that guide to get his size (I am pretty certain with 2-3 different sizes I can nail it down on the 511 or 201)

 

With the AE sizing guide gone, I tried to search for actual size to brannock conversions. I was able to find the heel to toe formula (size *3 - 22), which correlates with the conversions given here, plus it also provides the width.

 

http://web.archive.org/web/20071017074837/www.geocities.com/handy_feet/shoesize.html

 

However, I couldn't find the formula for the heel to ball measurement. Does any one of you know this?

 

thanks!

I don't think the printable foot measurement guide has been available since last Summer. When I first used it, I measured myself as a 13D, and I ended up buying 3 pairs of shoes that were all too wide. It wasn't until I went to an AE store and got measured on a Brannock scale that I found out I'm really like 13.5B. Perhaps you could take a ruler to a department store with a shoe section and figure it out that way?

post #2060 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-stream View Post

It's funny and/or sad, yes? Biggest difference I have noticed is knowledge about lasts ...

Minimally funny and very sad in my opinion. For me, most of my SA's seem to have very little knowledge about lasts, and there seems to be a huge chasm in awareness of new models (especially if they're new online offers). I mean is it too much to ask of SA's to browse their own website maybe once a month to at least be informed of what the current promotions are?...

I mean, it never occurs to them to say "hey, my company is currently promoting this "new" sock less style everywhere in their marketing materials, so why don't I at least familiarize myself with those models so that when customers read our magazines or land on our splash page, or receive our email blasts promoting the "new" wave, and then come into the store to try them on, or look at them, I will at least have SOME semblance of an idea of what they're talking about when they get here." ?
post #2061 of 19334
. Dup post
post #2062 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

Am I the only one who has noticed that, as a result of joining this thread, I now know more about AE shoes than the store associates themselves?...strange, and mildly annoying when you ask about a SA about their own product and they clearly don't even know the basics of what you're talking about.

The SA that I usually get only knows that I should buy a matching belt, and gets offended when I already have one that's close enough.
post #2063 of 19334

I never really had high expectations for SA as they probably do not make a whole lot of money and this probably isnt their dream job.  There have been a few SA that have posted here but I wonder if that was just to learn more and because they enjoyed the shoes themselves.

 

Its kinda like car sales.  I go in knowing that I probably know a whole lot more than the person selling me so I just shrug it off and if I really have a question I'll wait or call back for a manager etc.

 

However the last time I was in an outlet, I did receive fantastic service and the gentleman was very sincere and nice.  I was almost out the door when I turned around and asked for his card (I cant believe I forgot/ he didnt offer it to me)  I think he was also the first SA that hasn't shoved a card down my throat.  He wasnt the most knowledgable, but he has earned my business for the next time.

post #2064 of 19334
While I wait for the Shoe Bank to have Daltons walnut dainite in my size, I think I'm gonna go for my 2nd monk strap shoes -- Mora 2.0; many have mentioned that they are more comfortable than the Franciscans, but do the Mora 2.0 run wider and/or longer?
post #2065 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman311 View Post

I never really had high expectations for SA as they probably do not make a whole lot of money and this probably isnt their dream job.  There have been a few SA that have posted here but I wonder if that was just to learn more and because they enjoyed the shoes themselves.

Its kinda like car sales.  I go in knowing that I probably know a whole lot more than the person selling me so I just shrug it off and if I really have a question I'll wait or call back for a manager etc.

However the last time I was in an outlet, I did receive fantastic service and the gentleman was very sincere and nice.  I was almost out the door when I turned around and asked for his card (I cant believe I forgot/ he didnt offer it to me)  I think he was also the first SA that hasn't shoved a card down my throat.  He wasnt the most knowledgable, but he has earned my business for the next time.
Glad to hear this...that's encouraging...I do understand your car salesman analogy and I dont disagree with it. However I must admit, it would be a little off putting if I showed up to the lexus dealership and the salesman actually knew next to nothing about LEXUSES. Not saying AE is the equivalent of a Lexus, but I could understand, say a Nordstrom sales associate not knowing anything about AE shoes for instance, just like I could understand a Carmax associate not knowing anything in particular about Chevrolet, but when the product is of your own brand, I would hope there would be a little more research invested in what's being sold.
post #2066 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

Glad to hear this...that's encouraging...I do understand your car salesman analogy and I dont disagree with it. However I must admit, it would be a little off putting if I showed up to the lexus dealership and the salesman actually knew next to nothing about LEXUSES. Not saying AE is the equivalent of a Lexus, but I could understand, say a Nordstrom sales associate not knowing anything about AE shoes for instance, just like I could understand a Carmax associate not knowing anything in particular about Chevrolet, but when the product is of your own brand, I would hope there would be a little more research invested in what's being sold.
Agreed
post #2067 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post


I have them. They are darker than walnut in real life. I use them for the same purpose.

How's the sizing on the First Avenue compared to the 65?

post #2068 of 19334

Hello! I use the same sizing. I think the toe box is a bit sleeker but not so much you need to go up or down a size . I'm comparing the first aves with the bleeker streets and strands I have. 

post #2069 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by phsiao08 View Post
 

Hello! I use the same sizing. I think the toe box is a bit sleeker but not so much you need to go up or down a size . I'm comparing the first aves with the bleeker streets and strands I have. 

Thanks! The 65 is tough for me as a 9D is too narrow, a 9E is a bit too wide, and a 9.5D is a little long.

post #2070 of 19334

Haha yeah that seems tough. The 11.B on most lasts seem to work fine for me. I say try it on 9.5 B on the First Ave if you can or 9D. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc