Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 130post #1937 of 154203/11/16 at 6:07am
Hey fellas, I've got a question regarding returns...
In January I bought a brown Park Ave from a retail location in 8.5E. I have two other AEs - Strand and McAllister - in the same size that I bought three years ago in 2013 that are nice and broken in. These new Park Aves are definitely smaller (I measured the sole and they are about a quarter of an inch skinnier). I've worn them about 5 times thinking they would break in, but now having measured it I don't think the 5 last really fits my foot. Back when I was new to AEs I probably just suffered through it until they broke in.
Bottom I'd like to exchange them for a different shoe on a different last, but I'm not sure if that would fly with the store. Does anyone have any experience with this, suggestions or ideas? I plan on calling them today but wanted to poke around here first.post #1938 of 154203/11/16 at 6:22ampost #1939 of 154203/11/16 at 6:26ampost #1940 of 154203/11/16 at 6:41amQuote:
Two different places. Customer Assistance Center is just their customer service line to take orders. If a pair of seconds is listed as being there, it's in a warehouse in a different part of Port Washington that you can't shop around in. If you called a few days ahead of time, I would think they could move any pairs you want to check out from the warehouse to the Shoe Bank.post #1941 of 154203/11/16 at 7:04ampost #1942 of 154203/11/16 at 7:07amQuote:Originally Posted by gjdgjdgjd
Yet another entry into the keep or send back game:
Leeds, stitching outside of the channel.I can feel it when running my fingers over it. Just a problem in the one spot...any chance this will affect longevity? Other than that it is a very nice, plain, black shoe.
Edit: Another angle.
Keep them, you could end up with a worse pair. I have a couple pairs like that and no issue.post #1943 of 154203/11/16 at 7:11amQuote:Originally Posted by lemmy127
Two different places. Customer Assistance Center is just their customer service line to take orders. If a pair of seconds is listed as being there, it's in a warehouse in a different part of Port Washington that you can't shop around in. If you called a few days ahead of time, I would think they could move any pairs you want to check out from the warehouse to the Shoe Bank.
Thanks!post #1944 of 154203/11/16 at 7:17ampost #1945 of 154203/11/16 at 7:17amQuote:Originally Posted by gjdgjdgjd
Yet another entry into the keep or send back game:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My first pair were like this. They're now in their 5th year of use. I have recrafted them since, but not any sooner than my shoes that were properly stitched in the channel.
Which isn't to say I haven't rejected in store or returned deliveries of shoes that came like that. In my mind, the company is sure to have a model for sale without this defect, and I'd rather pay the same amount for one without than one with. Maybe a silly principle, but if my cost of exchange (including time spent) is less than the value of the time spent thinking about my off-channel stitched sole, I exchange it. Which is to say the majority of the time I exchange it.
But I'm looney. So take that into consideration.post #1946 of 154203/11/16 at 7:23ampost #1947 of 154203/11/16 at 7:25amQuote:Originally Posted by jaba
There's a Tan Grain version of the First Avenue boot on clearance (1sts for $267). Any thoughts on this in a business casual setting for wet days? Is the color too light?
I have them. They are darker than walnut in real life. I use them for the same purpose.post #1948 of 154203/11/16 at 7:30amQuote:
If these are seconds, I'd be jumping for joy that this is the defect. If these are "firsts", I wouldn't bother returning them.post #1949 of 154203/11/16 at 7:50ampost #1950 of 154203/11/16 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@Paniolo I didn't find the Dalton narrow at all but it was bad enough for high arches that I went from a D to an E. They started off really good but once broken in I now feel like I have too much volume in the heel and ankle area. Uncomfortable enough that they don't get much wear. So I would say makes a significant difference, yes.
Thanks for the advice. I'll wait for the Shoe Bank to have a bourbon or walnut with dainite in 11E in stock.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Take all of the guns. All of them. 1 minute ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › Canali Crocodile Leather Bag RRP 3000€ 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford Jacket / Coat 36R with Tags — Silk/wool — RRP £2700 10 minutes ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...