Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 116post #1726 of 193343/8/16 at 12:33am@danwatts2005 @RichieP@BL70 Thanks for all the pics and info - yeah this one really does seem like a "box of chocolates..." kind of thing. Might pull the trigger - I'd be ok with anything either a little lighter or with any kind of reddish hints. Only thing I didn't want was a solid brown. From the pics this is really all over the map. I looked at the tan a while back - high variation on that one too - I saw lots of extremely light pairs with lots of mismatched colors between left and right shoes (bad mismatch). I'm just concerned that one these are gone they'll pull a Randolph and re-release the same shoes at 395.post #1727 of 193343/8/16 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
I don’t know how it started. I really can’t recall.
I remember needing some new dress shoes and I headed for the mall.
“Sneakers” were everywhere. No quality could I see.
That’s when the salesman said, “You should check out A and E.”
Chili Bentons were the first pair and I was sure that would do.
Then I bought a pair in black and suddenly I had two.
“I work hard and I deserve them.” What harm could there be?
I found some Regent Streets on Ebay and suddenly I had three.
I don’t really like odd numbers and black Byrons made it four.
My wife was starting to purse her lips, but really, “What’s one more?”
Black Winhalls made it five and Mapletons made it six
“Damn I have a lot of black” but it was a problem I could fix.
The compliments were rolling in and my friends said I look great.
But the Chester’s and Fairfax arrived and I was up to eight.
“Not another pair I’ll buy, I will never shop again!”
But it was then I noticed that my hanging shoe bag would hold ten.
I bought Park Avenue and Fairgate, Shreveport and many other shoes.
I filled my first hanging bag and now I have filled two.
I should have thought about what I was doing and purchased carefully.
Because then I started counting and found I had twenty-three.
So tread lightly friend and enjoy your wife while she's there.
Because tomorrow is another day and there's always another pair.
Love it. :)post #1728 of 193343/8/16 at 4:52ampost #1729 of 193343/8/16 at 4:54ampost #1730 of 193343/8/16 at 5:13ampost #1731 of 193343/8/16 at 6:18ampost #1732 of 193343/8/16 at 7:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
Can someone who has the cognac mct tell me how dark they are approximately? I've seem crazy variation on these - I'm considering picking up a pair if they look more like the pics online. Super dark brown wouldn't get much use in my wardrobe, plus I already have two mct already. Thanks in advance.
My cognac McTavishes are very close in color to my Walnut Jeffersons. If it wasn't for the reverse welt, I'd have a hard time figuring out which was which.post #1733 of 193343/8/16 at 7:17amWanted to get some sizing advice....
To start, I live in Canada so there aren't any AE stores I can go to and most of the stores that do have AE come with limited selection and widths (D and 3E typically only). I'm interested in purchasing a pair of the Mora 2.0 and possibly a Park Ave/Fifth Ave. I have fairly wide feet and a good sized instep. Now, I've printed out AE's shoe fit guide where you stand on a piece of paper and measure your foot and the size was 9.5 2e. In person I was able to try on the following:
Carlyle 108 last in the following sizes:
-9.5 3e: seemed to be good at the middle and toe box but the heel area was loose bit loose
-10D: seemed to be a good fit. snug all around but not tight (vamp had maybe about 0.25-3/8" opening). I think the balls of my feet may be about 0.25-0.5" behind where I think the balls of the foot should be (where the shoe starts curving into the taper). I'm not sure how important this is though.
-9 3e: seemed to be good at the middle and toe box but the heel area was loose
-10d: I think it was a decent fit but not the best, vamp had a bit of an opening maybe about 3/8"-0.5" at the top. Bit harder to get into than the Carlyle
Now my questions are, given that the last is the same on the Carlyle and Mora, Would say that its pretty safe to go with the 10d or should the 9.5 2e fit better based on the AE shoe fit guide?
As for the Park Avenues, should I just skip those until I'm able to somehow get my hands on a 9.5 2e or a 10e?post #1734 of 193343/8/16 at 7:43ampost #1735 of 193343/8/16 at 8:20am
Shell Cordovan Strands were just ordered. Now let the 8 weeks of misery commence! This will now be my 7th pair of AE shoes since i purchased my first pair back in January.
Next on my list is both a Black and Chili pair of 5th Avenues.
Edited: I miscounted. This will be 7th pair. I forgot i returned my Bourbon Strands that i bought from the Shoebank.
Edited by barto78 - 3/8/16 at 8:34ampost #1736 of 193343/8/16 at 8:24amQuote:
Damn I'm jealous.
I have the dark chilli park aves and they are beautiful.post #1737 of 193343/8/16 at 9:36ampost #1738 of 193343/8/16 at 10:01ampost #1739 of 193343/8/16 at 10:04am@jexbrah This is what id say -
1) who cares about the PA? Because someone said its a must-own? If the Carlyle fits better, it certainly looks better, why not get both that and the Mora?
2) The 108 is weird for me - it just isn't quite right. The 222 corrects everything I don't like. That aside, the Carlyle, Delray, Clark st and LaSalle fit me ok, just not optimal. Removing the laces, the Mora, sapienza, bellerive all felt overly roomy. Try to imagine the Carlyle but with more room/ volume, that's how I would describe it. Plus no ability to go tighter if necessary.
3) Go with what you tried over the paper thing - absolutely.post #1740 of 193343/8/16 at 10:33amI once again throw myself to the collective wisdom of the forum...I am in the market for a McGregor in another color. My issue is sizing. Here is a picture showing where my toe ends:
This pic is of an 8D. An 8D fits me well on the sides and ball of my foot but is a bit long...I am worried about creasing in front of the wingtip. A 7.5D is shorter and fits very snug on the instep, almost too snug in the sides of my feet. Is it worth it to get a slightly smaller pair and work to stretch a bit or stick with the size that is already comfortable and have the possibility of bad creasing later?
I have been measured on the Brannock 3 times by AE and have gotten 3 different measurements - 7 EEE, 7.5D, and 8D. There are no 7.5E in the color I want.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 24 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 33 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 42 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 44 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...