Dark chili PAs showed up today that were the replacements for my mis-sized bourbon pair. The shade on these shoes is incredible.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 102post #1517 of 193343/4/16 at 10:52am
The strand is slowly starting to become my ideal dress shoe. My initial hesitation is that they are too busy, but the oxblood seems to bring it all together even better than the bourbon did. This picture looks like a darker dark chili, a color that is growing on me.
Quote:Originally Posted by NorseHorse
Can I brag? I picked up these Oxblood Strands yesterday with my McAllisters and they are quite possibly my favorite shoe in my wardrobe. Oxblood Strands (Click to show)Under this lighting I'm afraid these are far from a match. Not only is the shade different but I don't see the exotic leather as being even remotely in the same family as the brogue stylistically. The bourbon strand is an awesome shoe, I wish I had gotten a pair. Just noticing, it looks like you have some slight tiger striping on the vamp, which does not look bad in my opinion.Quote:Originally Posted by mreams99
One more picture....
I didn't have a belt that matched my bourbon Strands quite as well as I wanted. I found this belt by Torino online and thought it might work. It arrived this week and I'd say it's a pretty good match. Bourbon Strand (Click to show)I too, am (obviously) a fan of the brown Norwich. I returned like three pairs of them in disappointment after a horrible fitting experience. The suede Strand is an underrated casual option.Quote:Originally Posted by mreams99
February was a crazy month. I hadn't planned it, but somehow ended up purchasing five pairs. blame the barn weasels (Click to show)
Edit: I blame you all. You filthy barn weasels.
Edited by manowar - 3/4/16 at 11:21ampost #1518 of 193343/4/16 at 11:07ampost #1519 of 193343/4/16 at 11:15amQuote:
Beat me to it. I was going to say that since JAB had this design and called it Lamont, I would assume it was named after him.
Seriously though, I've wanted that shoe for a while, but I've yet to find a decent pair in my size.post #1520 of 193343/4/16 at 11:33amThanks all for the interest in the cordovan Daltons!
I was also going to list on eBay a pair of new and unworn dark brown Strands size 10.5D. These have a leather sole, and I've replaced them with a dainite sole version.
Since the Daltons got a lot of interest, I'll post the Strands here too:
Let me know if you have questions!post #1521 of 193343/4/16 at 12:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by gatszu
On another note, I'll be selling the following if anyone is interested:
Navy Cordovan Dundee 7EE 511-last 1st quality gently worn
Natural Brown Cordovan Dundee 7EE 511-last 1st quality gently worn
Brown Cordovan Bayfield 7EE 511-last 1st quality gently worn
Green Cordovan Strand 6.5EEE 65-last 1st quality gently worn
Brown Cordovan Jefferson 6.5EEE 65-last 2nd quality gently worn
Natural Brown Cordovan First Avenue Boot 6.5EEE 65-last 1st quality unworn
Thanks for reading!
Damn my size 8 feet. I sure hope these don't go to some unworthy shoe heathen.post #1522 of 193343/4/16 at 12:19pmpost #1523 of 193343/4/16 at 12:25pmpost #1524 of 193343/4/16 at 12:46pmpost #1525 of 193343/4/16 at 1:05pmI always check Allen Edmonds clearance after reading this thread. Today I bought an Ascher in bourbon and McGreggor in Walnut burnish for $350 total.
I have an AE in town so they are going back if they are not perfect! While on the subject I've had several less than stellar experiences with buying 2nds. Sticking to 1sts now.post #1526 of 193343/4/16 at 1:33pmpost #1527 of 193343/4/16 at 2:02pm
Offers for the shell Daltons (11D) fell through, so I posted them on eBay instead.post #1528 of 193343/4/16 at 2:41pmQuote:
I don't have the Rogues, but I did just receive my Thomastowns today, a blucher on the 201 last. They fit me perfectly with dress socks. I received the Freiburgs yesterday. They are also a perfect fit with crew socks. They are a tad roomy with dress socks.
I think I may have a new favorite last. I haven't tried a bal yet, but so far they fit the ball width nicely, and are accommodating to my instep. Not too tight. They didn't seem any longer to me than the Strand. Just roomier in the front. The heel width is just right.
I may have to explore other shoes on this last. Off to start shopping for my next one...post #1529 of 193343/4/16 at 2:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by nqtri
Just got my first AE Park Avenue. Usually, the first thing I would do before wearing leather soled shoes is to put on the TOPY protector. However, the sales lady at my store (not AE store) suggested I wear the AE for at least 3 months before putting TOPY on. So when is the best time to install TOPY actually?
I always have the sole protector installed before I wear them the first time. Provides a nice clean and even surface for them to adhere to. The cobbler sands them a bit to prove a slightly pours for the adhesive to bite into. Vibram makes a very nice thin version that has a slight taper near the back of the sole protector which makes for a very nice transition to where it's ends and meets the leather sole.post #1530 of 193343/4/16 at 3:38pmQuote:Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a pair of walnut Daltons off of shoebank in dainite in 10B, and after I placed the order I realized I'd never clarified the color of dainite. I was half expecting to wind up with something like orange or red, which is totally not how I intend to wear my Daltons...Originally Posted by BL70
Received my dainite Daltons last night. Here's a side by side shot with Long Branch in case anyone else was curious. The dainite sole really is unnoticeable from the side, unlike a lug sole. With the clearance price these ended up being the exact same as the LBs I had bought during an RDA sale.
Funny observation, the inside sole of the Daltons says 'Bleeker street,' anyone else come across an error like this before? I guess it wasn't enough to make them seconds.
They look great, but man they squeak like crazy!
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Dehen 3/4 zip Moto club sweater M 36 seconds ago
- › New Epaulet x Lockie Donegal Sweater, 40-42 (medium) 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 11 minutes ago
- › New Gustin washed selvedge, size 33 11 minutes ago
- › Price drop! Truman Boot Co. Navy Shell 9.5E US 15 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...