or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 1003

post #15031 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Bond View Post
 

General lightweight rubber sole question. I have a pair of LGA's sure they are lightweight but everytime I wear them I can notice the wear mostly on the heel from am to pm. That is if I take a pic in the am wear them the day and then take a pic in the evening I can notice the days wear. This lightweight sole seems to wear fast on office carpet.

 

I sent a email to AE since I want to just get them resoled with double leather but I don't want the uppers refinished as the shoe is mostly new. So I wanted to see if they would do the conversion and at what price since this sole wears out crazy fast. I even told them just look at your own site reviews everyone notes how fast they wear out so please don't blame me also I don't have this issue with any of my leather sole shoes. I don't think I should be able to notice a days wear on mostly carpet in a single day.

 

Any of you convert this lightweight sole?

 

I own a few from that line, but only wear the LGAs. I haven't noticed how fast the soles wear but they are worn, at most, 2 or 3 times a month. Are you particularly tied to the pattern? The lighter weight uppers? The inserts?

 

As far as having them re-soled, I would spend the money elsewhere. I just feel like the leather is too cheap/thin, and shows wear too easily to bother with a recraft. 

post #15032 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 

 

I own a few from that line, but only wear the LGAs. I haven't noticed how fast the soles wear but they are worn, at most, 2 or 3 times a month. Are you particularly tied to the pattern? The lighter weight uppers? The inserts?

 

As far as having them re-soled, I would spend the money elsewhere. I just feel like the leather is too cheap/thin, and shows wear too easily to bother with a recraft. 

I am not tied really at all to the shoes and I don't need the inserts at all.

 

You bring up an interesting point the uppers I think you are right they do seem somehow cheaper/thinner and now that you mention it for the very few times I wear them they have more wear they others.

 

You make me think I should not invest anymore in these shoes I think I will put them up on eBay and sell them invest the money is a different pair of shoes all together.

post #15033 of 17570


Bourbon McAllisters for WW
post #15034 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Because I haven't played WW in a while, and because @swigginton and @gm928 need some carpet solidarity:

 

Boy, I love the look of those. It's a shame that 1) they're no longer being produced and 2) I'm not so sure about the compatibility of the 333 last with my feet. But, very nice looking!

post #15035 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Because I haven't played WW in a while, and because @swigginton and @gm928 need some carpet solidarity:

 

No picture today but I too was wearing my Walnut Rutledges this Wednesday. Had to take them off while I was doing an inspection at a construction site. If only AE made a boot I could trust at a job site. 

post #15036 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post
 

 

No picture today but I too was wearing my Walnut Rutledges this Wednesday. Had to take them off while I was doing an inspection at a construction site. If only AE made a boot I could trust at a job site. 

 

Out of curiosity, what do you wear on construction sites? I also wear (mostly) AEs at the office, but I wear boots to visit construction sites on other days (like today). My boot-of-choice is Red Wing model 3507. 

post #15037 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
 

 

Out of curiosity, what do you wear on construction sites? I also wear (mostly) AEs at the office, but I wear boots to visit construction sites on other days (like today). My boot-of-choice is Red Wing model 3507. 

 

Just a pair of caterpillar steel toes. Nothing special.

post #15038 of 17570

What belt do you all use to match the Brown Burnished Calf color? Thinking of the Wide Basic on sale for $79. It's still a lot for a belt and the reviews are terrible. I DO own the same belt in Merlot and have not experienced any problems with it so far, but I've probably only worn it a half dozen times, give or take. Open to other suggestions, however. Thanks!

post #15039 of 17570

Oh, boy! The Acorn Hilfire Neumok is back in stock in my size on the Nordstrom web site. I mean, of course it is. I just purchased a different pair of shoes. Well, at least I know the option is out there, and I can get disappointed all over again when it goes back out of stock!

post #15040 of 17570

Does anyone know what the difference is between a pair of Carlyles with the number 46692W vs. 46799S on the tongue?

post #15041 of 17570


Just bought a pair of Carlyles last week and didn't notice that there was a small mark on the left shoe... I picked at it with my nail thinking it was dirt or something stuck, but it appears it is a puncture of some kind. It's in the centre of the picture just above the bottom of the shoe. A bit of brown soft leather is sticking out of it, but you wouldn't notice unless you looked for a few seconds.

Should I get them exchanged or just polish over it? Is leather tough enough so that this "rip" won't get worse over time?
post #15042 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmchow View Post

I'm really liking the look of the Washington Squares in the photos I'm seeing of them on AE.com in walnut. Wondering if the lack of brogueing makes them too formal to wear with jeans?

Also, how does the 1943 last compare to the 65? I'm a 8.5D in the 65. I've read conflicting sizing impressions but most day the overall 1943 is slimmer and recommendations to go up a width. Anyone have more definitive reco?


I plan on wearing my Wash Squares with jeans, rules be damned. I'm gonna let 'em get good and beat up too.

 

The only 65 last shoes I have to compare them to are the Cronmoks, which are a very different beast being unlined and very soft leather, but they fit me pretty snugly. My Wash Squares are the same size and feel pretty similar, maybe even a tad wider?

_______________

 

I noticed that my boss was wearing Odenwalds today, which pleasantly surprised me since he usually wears pretty horrible shoes (athletic shoes or square-toe-bicycle-toes, or hybrids of both).

post #15043 of 17570
No Walnut Wednesday, as yesterday I promised to wear these:


post #15044 of 17570

Not walnut or wingtips. What kind of Wednesday is this?
post #15045 of 17570
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcosis219 View Post



Just bought a pair of Carlyles last week and didn't notice that there was a small mark on the left shoe... I picked at it with my nail thinking it was dirt or something stuck, but it appears it is a puncture of some kind. It's in the centre of the picture just above the bottom of the shoe. A bit of brown soft leather is sticking out of it, but you wouldn't notice unless you looked for a few seconds.

Should I get them exchanged or just polish over it? Is leather tough enough so that this "rip" won't get worse over time?
To me, it looks like something I'd polish. (We are talking about that light-colored speck, right?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc