Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 10:20 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 1002post #15016 of 1933410/19/16 at 8:25ampost #15017 of 1933410/19/16 at 8:55am
Thanks! Oh ya, that's where they will see most of their wear. So many shoes/boots and only a couple of days of denim to wear them though. #problemspost #15018 of 1933410/19/16 at 9:16amQuote:Originally Posted by tmchow
I'm really liking the look of the Washington Squares in the photos I'm seeing of them on AE.com in walnut. Wondering if the lack of brogueing makes them too formal to wear with jeans?
Also, how does the 1943 last compare to the 65? I'm a 8.5D in the 65. I've read conflicting sizing impressions but most day the overall 1943 is slimmer and recommendations to go up a width. Anyone have more definitive reco?
1943 fits me pretty true to size. I like that it accommodates my higher instep, which the 65 last forces me to go to larger in width. 7EEE fits me the best in the 65, and my 1943 Cornwallis is in 7.5E. 7.5E in the 65 last doesn't have enough room for my instep and the waist of the shoe is more narrow such that I get bowing.Quote:Originally Posted by JLC2
Had anyone else gotten these kinds of creases on the toe cap of their Strands?
They fit great, don't seem to be bending there when I walk, and it's only on one shoe.
All the pictures I see in this thread have pristine caps. (Or expert polishing tricks)? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yup, not uncommon. Not really that noticeable from afar IMO.post #15019 of 1933410/19/16 at 9:16ampost #15020 of 1933410/19/16 at 9:18ampost #15021 of 1933410/19/16 at 9:35am
.....showing no two pairs of Bourbon shoes are the same color when they leave the factory and all Bourbon shoes change colors even more depending on what every person does to maintain them.
(Also showing when you use shoes as directed, and put them on your feet and walk around while wearing them, they get all sorts of odd scratches and creases.)post #15022 of 1933410/19/16 at 9:42amQuote:
Great question. I hate the dark brown sole on my shell Strands, but my dark brown Cornwallis has the Chili sole??post #15023 of 1933410/19/16 at 10:09ampost #15024 of 1933410/19/16 at 10:18amQuote:
I don't see how they can qualify them as seconds maybe thirds.
"Factory-Seconds are shoes that contain slight blemishes that don't allow them to be sold as a First-Quality shoes at our Retail stores, on AllenEdmonds.com or through our partner retailers. Close to 90% of the imperfections are due to slight cosmetic blemishes such as scratches, nicks, leather imperfections or wrinkles. The remaining imperfections are due to slightly misaligned stitching or a stain in the burnishing."
I would say those are way way way more than "slight" they are two totally different colors!post #15025 of 1933410/19/16 at 10:21amQuote:
This is the roll of the dice sometimes with shell as some shoes are made up from different pieces and some panels will be different shades. Use and exposure to sun will eventually develop more patina and they often become more uniform in appearance. Exposing the left shoe to sun will help lighten the darker panels.
Now, the decision to keep them will really depend on your personality. Some people are more sensitive to differences and it would drive them crazy. Others would view the differences as character and uniqueness that will deepen with time. So, the end decision will depend on your level of sensitivity and what you personally demand out of the shoe's appearance. There, I have told you everything and you are now no closer to a decision than you were before. Wasn't that helpful?post #15026 of 1933410/19/16 at 10:26am
General lightweight rubber sole question. I have a pair of LGA's sure they are lightweight but everytime I wear them I can notice the wear mostly on the heel from am to pm. That is if I take a pic in the am wear them the day and then take a pic in the evening I can notice the days wear. This lightweight sole seems to wear fast on office carpet.
I sent a email to AE since I want to just get them resoled with double leather but I don't want the uppers refinished as the shoe is mostly new. So I wanted to see if they would do the conversion and at what price since this sole wears out crazy fast. I even told them just look at your own site reviews everyone notes how fast they wear out so please don't blame me also I don't have this issue with any of my leather sole shoes. I don't think I should be able to notice a days wear on mostly carpet in a single day.
Any of you convert this lightweight sole?post #15027 of 1933410/19/16 at 10:32ampost #15028 of 1933410/19/16 at 10:36am
I agree: return. The colors are just way too different. I have a pair of merlot PA seconds that are slightly different colors, but the difference is so subtle I didn't even notice until the second time I wore them. The shoes in the pic here are in a whole 'nuther category.
Quote:post #15029 of 1933410/19/16 at 10:41ampost #15030 of 1933410/19/16 at 10:52am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 57 seconds ago
- › NWT Lardini Cream Cotton/Linen Blazer 40R Slim 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Rota Beige Chinos 52EU/34 US 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Hartland Snuff Suede Unlined Chukka Boot - 8.5 US,... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...