Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 9:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:54 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 2post #17 of 176362/12/16 at 7:42am
It's probably lighting more than anything, but I'm wondering what color polish you use? I started using the AE bourbon polish a while ago, despite the care guide showing walnut polish for these. Not sure if it's in my head or not, but the change did seem to darken them up noticeably.post #18 of 176362/12/16 at 7:43ampost #19 of 176362/12/16 at 7:43ampost #20 of 176362/12/16 at 7:58ampost #21 of 176362/12/16 at 8:13amQuote:Originally Posted by DapperDriver
It's probably lighting more than anything, but I'm wondering what color polish you use? I started using the AE bourbon polish a while ago, despite the care guide showing walnut polish for these. Not sure if it's in my head or not, but the change did seem to darken them up noticeably.
I use the Bourbon polish as well. I don't think it has darkened mine up, though. It seems like there is a decent amount of variation in the bourbon, anyway.post #22 of 176362/12/16 at 8:36amQuote:Originally Posted by watchidiot
Hi everyone! The original Allen Edmonds Appreciation thread is one of the biggest threads here at SF and has one of the biggest number of followers. It has grown so big that it's best to split the discussion into yearly threads so as not to negatively impact the loading speed of the thread,
As such I welcome you to the 2016 edition of the Allen Edmonds Appreciation thread.
As usual, the rules are simple. Keep the discussion related to Allen Edmonds, keep it clean and keep it respectful. We are just talking (mostly) about shoes here so there's no need for drama. Let's all have a good time!
I plan to create a list of important discussions from the original thread. If anyone would like to add to the list, just send me a PM and I can add them to the list below. I believe there will be a point when I can no longer edit this initial post so send me those llinks ASAP.
1. Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
2. Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
Let me start with some pictures of AEs in my rotation
hey man what shoes are those in the 4th pic from the bottompost #23 of 176362/12/16 at 8:40ampost #24 of 176362/12/16 at 8:42amI'd quote the relevant post(s) from the 'old' thread but am not sure how to do that so please forgive the lack of context. @garland and @BNelson were enlightening us on the recrafting process and there was some discussion about stretching uppers to allow new welts to be sewn onto 'fresh' material. Here's a pic from a pair I recently had recrafted;
Note the burnishing in front of the eye stays. It's noticeably pulled down/forward from where it was originally. It's probably more visible on the left shoe. I have no idea if that's due to the new, stiffer sole or actual pulling of the upper but thought it was worth sharing.
On a related note, another recrafted pair, this one a shell monkstrap, feels a good half size tighter following its recraft. I'm hoping the fit returns once the new cork footbed is broken in.post #25 of 176362/12/16 at 8:45amHappy Friday, gents!
Thanks for getting the new thread up and running, Dale!
Bourbon Kennies today on a so casual Friday. The toes don't look nearly as bad in person, though I need to keep working on darkening the toe and covering the minor tiger stripping.
It's been over a year since I wore these. At one time they were my go-to work travel shoes, because of their versatility. (Lately my Bleeckers have filled this role.)post #26 of 176362/12/16 at 8:49am
Good morning, gents. l am a long-time lurker and first-time poster. I figured it was wise to get in early on this new thread. Today I am wearing my Sauk Drive seconds with some Rigid Dragon Levi's 511s for casual Friday. Please excuse the dirty boots--I recently moved to Colorado and haven't fully adjusted to how filthy the snow can get.post #27 of 176362/12/16 at 9:12ampost #28 of 176362/12/16 at 9:31ampost #29 of 176362/12/16 at 9:32ampost #30 of 176362/12/16 at 9:38am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 13 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 32 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway