or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 997

post #14941 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post

Have you considered putting taps? I always have plastic toe and heel taps installed after 1/2 wears because I am particularly hard on these areas because of my gait.

I have taps on my park Aves, actually. Where do you buy yours? Been meaning to buy more, but I'm always unsure of the sizing.
post #14942 of 17714

This is getting frustrating!

 

I received my 3rd replacement pair of Higgins Mill boots today.

 

The first had a chunk missing out of the suede on the tongue of one boot.

 

The second had uneven heels; the left boot "rocked" and the right one sat perfectly flat and solid.

 

Customer services was responsive and friendly. I explained that I'm in Canada so it would be great if they could examine the replacements before sending this 3rd pair. I was told they would be seen by a secondary inspector and the service agent personally, before sending them out.

 

They arrived today...

 

 

Is it too much to ask for even heels on both boots?? I have 3 other pairs of AE shoes (with a 4th on the way) and they all sit flat, or at least the same between the left and right.

post #14943 of 17714

First, you're 100% justified in being disappointed here because you specifically flagged this issue and they agreed to check the boots before sending them to you. And you'd be totally in the right if you sent them back again, or just gave up and asked for a refund.

 

But putting that aside, just looking at the uneven heels, I don't think they're that big of a deal. No one (other than you) is going to be looking at the back of your boots while they're off your feet and sitting on a level surface. Does the unevenness actually bother you when you're wearing the boots, as far as the way they feel when you're standing/walking? Can you even tell? If not, I'd just take the unevenness as a sign that you're wearing something that's at least partially handmade, and therefore not perfectly symmetrical. More of a feature than a bug.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLC2 View Post
 

This is getting frustrating!

 

I received my 3rd replacement pair of Higgins Mill boots today.

 

The first had a chunk missing out of the suede on the tongue of one boot.

 

The second had uneven heels; the left boot "rocked" and the right one sat perfectly flat and solid.

 

Customer services was responsive and friendly. I explained that I'm in Canada so it would be great if they could examine the replacements before sending this 3rd pair. I was told they would be seen by a secondary inspector and the service agent personally, before sending them out.

 

They arrived today...

 

 

Is it too much to ask for even heels on both boots?? I have 3 other pairs of AE shoes (with a 4th on the way) and they all sit flat, or at least the same between the left and right.

post #14944 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post


What's Everyone's thoughts on the fifth ave in walnut?

Not so much, since I've been more in a casual kick lately, but I up voted this post a few days ago. The walnut FA really stood out to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basura ka View Post

Just want to share my newest group shot/AE appreciation:

post #14945 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post

First, you're 100% justified in being disappointed here because you specifically flagged this issue and they agreed to check the boots before sending them to you. And you'd be totally in the right if you sent them back again, or just gave up and asked for a refund.

 

But putting that aside, just looking at the uneven heels, I don't think they're that big of a deal. No one (other than you) is going to be looking at the back of your boots while they're off your feet and sitting on a level surface. Does the unevenness actually bother you when you're wearing the boots, as far as the way they feel when you're standing/walking? Can you even tell? If not, I'd just take the unevenness as a sign that you're wearing something that's at least partially handmade, and therefore not perfectly symmetrical. More of a feature than a bug.

 

The reason I sent the previous pair back was because I can feel it. When I'm standing in them my right foot is rock solid, but the left rocks back and forth and it feels wobbly. It feels like one heel is in contact with the ground and the other is not and there's a fulcrum at the front edge of the heel stack. 

 

The once sent me a replacement McAllister with a torn eyelet. Both times, I have sent a note/letter explaining my issue and requesting that someone give the replacement a visual inspection before shipping them out. Now I'm thinking those notes are never read.

 

But, this time I had a 15 minute conversation with the service rep just last week, specifically to talk about this issue. She assured me it was a rarity and definitely not acceptable....

post #14946 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC2 View Post
 

 

The reason I sent the previous pair back was because I can feel it. When I'm standing in them my right foot is rock solid, but the left rocks back and forth and it feels wobbly. It feels like one heel is in contact with the ground and the other is not and there's a fulcrum at the front edge of the heel stack. 

 

The once sent me a replacement McAllister with a torn eyelet. Both times, I have sent a note/letter explaining my issue and requesting that someone give the replacement a visual inspection before shipping them out. Now I'm thinking those notes are never read.

 

But, this time I had a 15 minute conversation with the service rep just last week, specifically to talk about this issue. She assured me it was a rarity and definitely not acceptable....

 

I hope you are not paying Canada post $25 to ship them back to AE?

I too went through 2 pairs before my 3rd fit the bill, and I too am in Canada. The first pair was actually perfect, but .5 size too big. I exchanged them for the correct size (shipping on my dime) but the replacement pair had massive dents in the toe area. I exchanged those for a 3rd pair which is decent enough, but which unfortunately has very minor loose grain creasing on the right boot, while the previous 2 did not. Not enough to bother me on a rugged workboot. 

 

AE covered shipping on the 2nd pair and shipped them back to me for free every single time. Fedex probably made more money on the purchase than AE did. 

post #14947 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

I hope you are not paying Canada post $25 to ship them back to AE?


I too went through 2 pairs before my 3rd fit the bill, and I too am in Canada. The first pair was actually perfect, but .5 size too big. I exchanged them for the correct size (shipping on my dime) but the replacement pair had massive dents in the toe area. I exchanged those for a 3rd pair which is decent enough, but which unfortunately has very minor loose grain creasing on the right boot, while the previous 2 did not. Not enough to bother me on a rugged workboot. 

AE covered shipping on the 2nd pair and shipped them back to me for free every single time. Fedex probably made more money on the purchase than AE did. 

They have been covering shipping, thankfully. I've just had to complete some paperwork for customs.

How did you manage to get Canada Post to ship for $25?! I'd think a box this big would cost a lot more.

There is some loose grain on one of these and dents on both. But I could live with that if they stood flat.
post #14948 of 17714

Anyone have any Leidens?  I am having the worst time getting fit in them.  I got in a 12D today and it's tight in the toe box.  I'm stumped!  I'm always a 12D or 11.5D.  

post #14949 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingus2112 View Post

I have taps on my park Aves, actually. Where do you buy yours? Been meaning to buy more, but I'm always unsure of the sizing.
I take them to my local cobbler for that. I wouldn't want to mess around with the nails.
post #14950 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC2 View Post


They have been covering shipping, thankfully. I've just had to complete some paperwork for customs.

How did you manage to get Canada Post to ship for $25?! I'd think a box this big would cost a lot more.

There is some loose grain on one of these and dents on both. But I could live with that if they stood flat.


That stinks.  I would suggest you asking them to be "second inspected" prior to shipping. 

post #14951 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post


That stinks.  I would suggest you asking them to be "second inspected" prior to shipping. 

That's why I'm a bit annoyed. These were supposed to be second inspected and then "third inspected" personally by the rep before shipping.
post #14952 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC2 View Post


That's why I'm a bit annoyed. These were supposed to be second inspected and then "third inspected" personally by the rep before shipping.

 

I don't blame you, I'd be very irritated. 

post #14953 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post

Damn it! I just saw a pair of dark brown cognac McTavish shoes in my size at the Shoebank for $137. Can someone convince me not to get them?...


NO.

post #14954 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
 

 

At this point, I think I'm going to dial in the fit by trying 7.5 3E, 8 EE, possibly 8 3E in a Mccallister.  I always feel bad doing this but my local store just does not stock these sizes, and I am a loyal AE customer and I guess I've earned the right with all the money I've spent on AE shoes.  ^_^

 

 

I've been ordering and returning 2-3 different sizes of a shoe that I plan on buying seconds because I'm tired of paying the restocking fees.

 

When I order firsts I usually ordering 2 of the same size shoe and just keeping the one that fits better/is in better condition. Unfortunately they don't carry anything near my size in brick and mortar locations so I follow your same logic about being a loyal customer :-)

post #14955 of 17714

My new Neumoks are treating me well this morning, even with a broken left pinky toe...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc